Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Strong Farm Bill

Lightbulb Strong Farm Bill

It's time to end the epidemic of laziness among farmers. Call your congressman and tell them to show strong support for farmers by making them work!
    I'm going to a town that has already been burnt down.
    I'm going to a place that has already been disgraced.

Seriously. Those dairy farmers were bitching yesterday. They're trying to get 8k per year each to subsidize them against low demand low price.

Ummm, SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is contained in the farm bill since it's administered by the US Department of Agriculture. Fucking morons. You can't even be clever when trying to troll.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Good work for those farmers, China just decided to buy its soy from Russia instead of the US....
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Blog Entries

Farming subsidies are like a US tradition at this point.
    Last edited by Taernath; 05-18-2018 at 01:25 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    “Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program” -- Milton Friedman
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Ummm, SNAP, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program is contained in the farm bill since it's administered by the US Department of Agriculture. Fucking morons. You can't even be clever when trying to troll.
    Glad you brought that up. The point, I think, of the trolling, is to highlight the hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Good work for those farmers, China just decided to buy its soy from Russia instead of the US....
    I saw that but I've not seen/read of a devastating impact on farmers or soybean futures. I'm not sure why there isn't much effect. Maybe the U.S. market is the biggest market for soy, or it's already heavily subsidized by the government so it doesn't matter too much if they sell it or let it rot. Perhaps they figure this little trade war will all be settled before it has much impact?

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post

Ain't that the truth.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Glad you brought that up. The point, I think, of the trolling, is to highlight the hypocrisy.

I saw that but I've not seen/read of a devastating impact on farmers or soybean futures. I'm not sure why there isn't much effect. Maybe the U.S. market is the biggest market for soy, or it's already heavily subsidized by the government so it doesn't matter too much if they sell it or let it rot. Perhaps they figure this little trade war will all be settled before it has much impact?

Ain't that the truth.
    So you agree, government handouts only deepen the dependency of the receiptor?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    So you agree, government handouts only deepen the dependency of the receiptor?
    Once again, you're trying to hard. Did you just read the 48 Laws of Power? You're attempting to put me on the horns of a dilemma.

Why don't you ask a question if you have a question, without all the framing.
    Last edited by cwolff; 05-18-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Looks like GOP killed their own farm bill.