Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Greater White Ora (Iasha) Update E-mail

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    YESSS YESSS ALL the FUN ALL for YOU... fascist cunt.
    Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of someone else's bed this morning.

Also, I wish they'd update 1625 to work with UAC gear. Bonding to a set of gloves would be so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    This one breaks my heart. I wish they had done it for at least T3 Iasha.

I wonder if it was balance reasons or mechanical limitations?
    I'm with you, was really hoping on this one. :/

I'm sure hoping they don't think it was for balance, since the entire reason I even brought it up on the officials was because the 2016 auction sold off a greater black ora weapon that also had acid flares. I mean, even the wiki points out that greater black ora can have two flares: https://gswiki.play.net/Black_ora#Pure_black_ora

The only disadvantage of black ora is needing to be uncursed all the time, I guess, but if that's all it takes to leave the flare slot open, I want to start seeing some more scripts with minor inconveniences. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    I'm with you, was really hoping on this one. :/

I'm sure hoping they don't think it was for balance, since the entire reason I even brought it up on the officials was because the 2016 auction sold off a greater black ora weapon that also had acid flares. I mean, even the wiki points out that greater black ora can have two flares: https://gswiki.play.net/Black_ora#Pure_black_ora

The only disadvantage of black ora is needing to be uncursed all the time, I guess, but if that's all it takes to leave the flare slot open, I want to start seeing some more scripts with minor inconveniences. :P
    The tough part is that there are very few Black Ora weapons, but they sold Iasha off the shelf. And they've unlocked dozens upon dozens of them to T2. (And they're all sanctified)

So opening up the flare slot on these creates a mechanical consequence that isn't there with Black Ora.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The tough part is that there are very few Black Ora weapons, but they sold Iasha off the shelf. And they've unlocked dozens upon dozens of them to T2. (And they're all sanctified)

So opening up the flare slot on these creates a mechanical consequence that isn't there with Black Ora.
    Hm, fair enough. So then it goes back to what you said before--wish they could at least do it for T3 Iashas if nothing else.

There’s a balance argument there along the lines of what’s been said. I understand why they might have said no for balance reasons. (We don’t know their actual reason.)

However, if balance was their concern, it is misplaced. The script flares function only for clerics or paladins. The triple flare are available only to paladins, and only if they bond to the weapon. So far from being overpowered, it takes Iasha from inferior to superior for paladins only. They are superior for clerics only if you add flares via other means (like Premium Points). As noted, most clerics will continue to use runestaffs anyway.

Black ora are more limited in quantity but function for everyone. This is just a diffferent limiting mechanic - limiting who can use it instead of how many there are.

Quote Originally Posted by JNewhall View Post
    However, if balance was their concern, it is misplaced. The script flares function only for clerics or paladins. [...]

Black ora are more limited in quantity but function for everyone. This is just a diffferent limiting mechanic - limiting who can use it instead of how many there are.
    I almost wrote something like that last night too, but then realized I wasn't 100% sure it wouldn't flare for other professions, so I passed off my weapon to my empath and, while the zests don't work, it did flare for her.

I don't know if that's intentional or a bug from any recent changes, though, since I also noticed the analyze info has disappeared from my Iashas--all of them, not just my CCF one. I've already sent in a bugitem about the analyze, so we'll see. (Edit: I didn't mention the flaring-for-an-empath part since, again, not sure if that's intentional or not. Feel free, anyone else, if you want to. :P)
    Last edited by Leafiara; 05-29-2018 at 10:40 AM.

the iasha weapons at the current duskruin have an unlock available to will allow anyone to use the iasha if im reading it correctly