Thread: Post your project pieces

Default Post your project pieces

I enjoy long-term projects (mainly armor and weapons in my case), so I thought I'd make a thread for them. What's your project piece? Post what you're working on, and keep us updated.
    Last edited by BriarFox; 05-15-2018 at 09:23 AM.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Here's my current project, which is heading toward the finish line:

Starting point: 2x hauberk with 10% slash/crush/puncture resistance (purchased from April 2017 Duskruin)
    Current status: 10x, SWCP (60), T5, disruption flares, spikes, Reim script (unlocked to tier 2 fluff, tier 3 DS), +3 health regen/+3 stamina regen, max light, 10% slash/crush/puncture
    Timeline: 13 months

Work still to do: full Reim unlock, SWDP, HCP

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    Here's my current project, which is heading toward the finish line:

Starting point: 2x hauberk with 10% slash/crush/puncture resistance (purchased from April 2017 Duskruin)
    Current status: 10x, SWCP (60), T5, disruption flares, spikes, Reim script (unlocked to tier 2 fluff, tier 3 DS), +3 health regen/+3 stamina regen, max light, 10% slash/crush/puncture
    Timeline: 13 months

Work still to do: full Reim unlock, SWDP, HCP
    Would you mind walking through the timeline of obtaining the upgrades?

I have some 5x 'old double leathers' with 2 points of Light Crit Padding. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Would you mind walking through the timeline of obtaining the upgrades?

I have some 5x 'old double leathers' with 2 points of Light Crit Padding. So I have that going for me, which is nice.
    Okay, so:

Enchant: Longest part of the process. With max mana each week, the enchant from 2x to 10x took from May 2017 through the end of April 2018, with a 2-month pause from Dec-Feb (between 7x and 8x, because going higher would have made the ensorcell nearly impossible) for a T5 ensorcell from a dedicated sorcerer maxing energy each week. The 8x-10x potions also required going in on a "potion share" with a group of 4 others and spending a (relatively modest) 65,000 bloodscrip (this was when the potions only sold at 40 pours each). Required a dedicated capped wizard maxing mana each week.

Ensorcell: ~2 months from a sorcerer willing do to T0 to T5 (1 week for T1, 1.5 for T2, 2 for T3, 2.5 for T4, 3 for T5). Required a capped sorcerer maxing energy each week.

Padding: 20 points added at August 2017 DR, 5 points added at Festival of the Fallen, 5 points added from Culd at a wandering merchant in WL, 20 points added at DR Dig in Jan, 10 points added at CCF. Tried to balance speed and cost here.

Flares: Won by spinner at CCF

Spikes: Added from a merchant in Solhaven last winter

Enhancive: Added by a troll spine acquired from completing Return to Black Swan Castle

Reim scripts: Almost as bad as the enchant. Required 500,000 ethereal scrip for the armor deed, plus 20,000 scrip for the T2 fluff unlock, plus 300,000 scrip for the T1-T3 DS unlocks, so 820,000 scrip total. This required purchasing ~13 50-count orbs as well as running Reim nightly and farming it twice a week for a year.

Max light: Done by a merchant at August 2017 DR for 1400 BS
    Last edited by BriarFox; 05-15-2018 at 09:52 AM.