Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CCF Greed

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crb View Post
    Half the accounts are just there to try to win spins to flip. There are multiple arguments here.

1. They win something, the don't want it, they can get coins for something they do want, this is their win.

2. Its annoying as fuck.

I've said both things so I'm probably a hypocrite, but I think I have a lot of company in that regard.

With the surcharges and the pure volume of services, I feel like it bothers me a little more at this event. Some events, in the past, there might not be a single god damn thing for a pure. Before runestaff specific services came out, you know, and even today the number of pure services pale in comparison to the number of fighter services. I felt not bad at all winning raffles for something weapon related and flipping it. Then I take the cash and buy something magical for myself. Not my fault services, have often in the past, seemed slanted to certain professions.

And honestly, if I see Allereli doing it, I'm cool with it. Its when I see Sheepfucker01 doing it, I'm who the fuck are you? And then Gruiyuioy wins, and Zioyuioyo wins, and Ghipoi wins and who the fuck are these people? I don't play much anymore but shit, where did all these shit named assturds come from?

This is what grinds my gears. This is the rampant profiteering. I don't mind if you want to flip something to buy something else better suited for your character. THIS SHIT IS FARMING though. Making up a bunch of throwaway accounts, you'll never fucking hunt with, holding shit in bags cause you can't touch it, just to increase your odds of winning. You're farming. I don't mind multiple accounts, if you play multiple accounts, if you have invested characters on multiple accounts. I've capped characters on multiple accounts. I'm okay with that. But the farming? You're just opening an account temporary and naming your dude Asplunkerfifty to fucking farm spinning. It is so distasteful.

And yes, so I do somewhat agree with the original poster. It would be nice if GMs more often said "join me in 2 minutes of lose your spot" and and just rock it out. Especially for things like enchants which EVERYONE has a use for, so you should have something on you that can have it done.

But you know what? Fuck the voln armor. Where are CoL runestaffs? Where are Sunfist gauntlets? Unless there is some sort of service parity I still support people squatting on slots for shit they don't need that is so very specific. If there is something only one group can use, then there should be an equivalent service for other groups, otherwise profiteer away. We need potty parity people. (actually no, potty parity is ridiculous, I don't mind men's bathrooms being smaller but when they convert most bathrooms in a facility to womens for this parity nonsense its just annoying trying to find a god damn urinal walking halfway around the stadium). Professional parity perhaps?

So, sometimes it is okay, sometimes it is not. I'm the arbiter who gets to decide this issue because I'm special. No one else's opinion matters.
    Personally I don't give a fuck, that being said. This high end stuff should only be found in the treasure system, being able to buy the omfgbroadsword of doom is stupid. I could see this kind of stuff dropping in raid like situations such as Reim, or whatever it's called, but only on a % chance of drop.

I understand the want for silvers to go up in cash value, but this much silver has been drained thus far for at best a .50 cent bump.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Silvers were at 4, they are now 7.50.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    This high end stuff should only be found in the treasure system, being able to buy the omfgbroadsword of doom is stupid.
    That horse left the barn 25 years ago, and has since gone on to graduate college, start a family, and create his own graphical MMO with millions of subscribers.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Silvers were at 4, they are now 7.50.
    How long ago were they at 4? It was long before this CCF.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That horse left the barn 25 years ago, and has since gone on to graduate college, start a family, and create his own graphical MMO with millions of subscribers.
    I have yet to do Reim, but I think it's a really good idea and I think it's been very successful? I'm surprised they haven't released another instance yet.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

when were silvers 4?

lol

maybe dipped below 5 a little that ive seen.

although i just got back right befor last DR
    standing between the living and the dead

At the final spin for 25 resistances just now it seemed like half of the winners were in noob clothes. Flipping I'm okay with, its the farming thats fucking annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Derex View Post
    when were silvers 4?

lol

maybe dipped below 5 a little that ive seen.

although i just got back right befor last DR
    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...vers-4-per-mil

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...Silvers-4-25-m

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...on-100m-orders

looks like around feb this year.
    GSIV:Jhacen: "raise me you stupid bitch"

discord: vusit#6092

Quote Originally Posted by crb View Post
    Half the accounts are just there to try to win spins to flip..

... And honestly, if I see Allereli doing it, I'm cool with it. Its when I see Sheepfucker01 doing it, I'm who the fuck are you? And then Gruiyuioy wins, and Zioyuioyo wins, and Ghipoi wins and who the fuck are these people? I don't play much anymore but shit, where did all these shit named assturds come from?
    Crb - I laughed hard when I read this.

One comment about the spinner distribution method for things like Ithziri flares, which were only a +1 Tier to existing armor, not a service to add the script to new armor. Seems like the intent of offering this particular service was to allow armor-owners a chance to upgrade their set, at high cost, draining silver. Also seems like the surcharge system was an attempt to impose a cost on players winning multiple services... but in this particular case, I don't think the surcharge system had the intended effect because fees were transferred to slot buyers (i.e. armor-owners).

By allowing everyone a chance to win and sell their spots, the surcharge fee/pain for multiple wins (5M) was passed along to the armor-owners as part of the slot price. Essentially, the spin winners did not experience any surcharge/pain by winning multiple services.

In my opinion, a slightly better way to distribute this service would be via raffle and MAJOR/MINOR win restrictions. I'd charge 5M for a raffle ticket, call the win a MAJOR win and lock out the account from additional MAJOR wins. If you own the armor and bought a ticket and lose - bad luck. If you don't own the armor and bought a ticket - at least you accepted some risk and paid 5M for the spin and accepted the limitation of being blocked from additional MAJOR wins.

Long way to say that the current system imposed no real risk or cost on those with multiple accounts winning/flipping spins, and I'm not sure if that was the intent.

I agree that there's basically a glass ceiling to having truly cool shit in this game. When I see figures like 400m being thrown around on wins (let alone higher) at CCF I just have to laugh. That may as well be a trillion silvers for as realistic as it is to the average player. If you're not Gemstone Old Money or don't mind paying $ out the ass, you just aren't getting that kind of silver in game.