Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CCF Greed

1. Default

So Thalulhar is FOR "display a reasonable means of civility towards their fellow players"?

Thalalhar has people skills, he is good a dealing with people, can you people understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people!
    Last edited by gilchristr; 05-12-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    So Thalulhar is FOR "display a reasonable means of civility towards their fellow players"?

Thalalhar has people skills, he is good a dealing with people, can you people understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people!
    wut
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    wut
    He's quoting Office Space...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgar View Post
    I really want to echo a lot of the sentiment being shared here. I’ve been playing for about a year now after my return
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimgar View Post
    I am new to the game and if I may be forgiven if I do not know all the players who denizen this site.
    ?
    Last edited by Viekn; 05-12-2018 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    He's quoting Office Space...

Oh yeah. Fuck.

I am ashamed.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Oh yeah. Fuck. I am ashamed.
    Seriously bro. You feeling ok? oh, no, wait, I've got a better one, you get the cone of shame...

Last edited by Viekn; 05-12-2018 at 04:39 PM.

Yea, I'm a little salty missing Ithzir but that's the way Gemstone goes. Gear is just fun fluff at cap you can hunt perfectly fine with boring 4x stuff. The fluffy gear just makes it more interesting and shows off your e-peen like woah.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

I agree in theory. I remember trying to get selected for the script swapping service for 2 years and was in multiple lines over that time and never got chosen. I didn't have the silver to actually buy one of the slots that people who didn't want/need it then offered. But with high end services like the ones being offered at CCF, most people participating not only have silvers enough for the service, but have enough silvers to buy a slot. For a lot of people in this game, unless they pay cash money, they will likely never have the opportunity to own serious high end gear. Which isn't the end of the world. But if it's a goal of theirs and the only way for them to do that is to win a spin etc. and sell that slot, who can begrudge them for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Seriously bro. You feeling ok? oh, no, wait, I've got a better one, you get the cone of shame...

Half the accounts are just there to try to win spins to flip. There are multiple arguments here.

1. They win something, the don't want it, they can get coins for something they do want, this is their win.

2. Its annoying as fuck.

I've said both things so I'm probably a hypocrite, but I think I have a lot of company in that regard.

With the surcharges and the pure volume of services, I feel like it bothers me a little more at this event. Some events, in the past, there might not be a single god damn thing for a pure. Before runestaff specific services came out, you know, and even today the number of pure services pale in comparison to the number of fighter services. I felt not bad at all winning raffles for something weapon related and flipping it. Then I take the cash and buy something magical for myself. Not my fault services, have often in the past, seemed slanted to certain professions.

And honestly, if I see Allereli doing it, I'm cool with it. Its when I see Sheepfucker01 doing it, I'm who the fuck are you? And then Gruiyuioy wins, and Zioyuioyo wins, and Ghipoi wins and who the fuck are these people? I don't play much anymore but shit, where did all these shit named assturds come from?

This is what grinds my gears. This is the rampant profiteering. I don't mind if you want to flip something to buy something else better suited for your character. THIS SHIT IS FARMING though. Making up a bunch of throwaway accounts, you'll never fucking hunt with, holding shit in bags cause you can't touch it, just to increase your odds of winning. You're farming. I don't mind multiple accounts, if you play multiple accounts, if you have invested characters on multiple accounts. I've capped characters on multiple accounts. I'm okay with that. But the farming? You're just opening an account temporary and naming your dude Asplunkerfifty to fucking farm spinning. It is so distasteful.

And yes, so I do somewhat agree with the original poster. It would be nice if GMs more often said "join me in 2 minutes of lose your spot" and and just rock it out. Especially for things like enchants which EVERYONE has a use for, so you should have something on you that can have it done.

But you know what? Fuck the voln armor. Where are CoL runestaffs? Where are Sunfist gauntlets? Unless there is some sort of service parity I still support people squatting on slots for shit they don't need that is so very specific. If there is something only one group can use, then there should be an equivalent service for other groups, otherwise profiteer away. We need potty parity people. (actually no, potty parity is ridiculous, I don't mind men's bathrooms being smaller but when they convert most bathrooms in a facility to womens for this parity nonsense its just annoying trying to find a god damn urinal walking halfway around the stadium). Professional parity perhaps?

So, sometimes it is okay, sometimes it is not. I'm the arbiter who gets to decide this issue because I'm special. No one else's opinion matters.