Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: CCF Greed

Quote Originally Posted by crb View Post
    Half the accounts are just there to try to win spins to flip..

... And honestly, if I see Allereli doing it, I'm cool with it. Its when I see Sheepfucker01 doing it, I'm who the fuck are you? And then Gruiyuioy wins, and Zioyuioyo wins, and Ghipoi wins and who the fuck are these people? I don't play much anymore but shit, where did all these shit named assturds come from?
    Crb - I laughed hard when I read this.

One comment about the spinner distribution method for things like Ithziri flares, which were only a +1 Tier to existing armor, not a service to add the script to new armor. Seems like the intent of offering this particular service was to allow armor-owners a chance to upgrade their set, at high cost, draining silver. Also seems like the surcharge system was an attempt to impose a cost on players winning multiple services... but in this particular case, I don't think the surcharge system had the intended effect because fees were transferred to slot buyers (i.e. armor-owners).

By allowing everyone a chance to win and sell their spots, the surcharge fee/pain for multiple wins (5M) was passed along to the armor-owners as part of the slot price. Essentially, the spin winners did not experience any surcharge/pain by winning multiple services.

In my opinion, a slightly better way to distribute this service would be via raffle and MAJOR/MINOR win restrictions. I'd charge 5M for a raffle ticket, call the win a MAJOR win and lock out the account from additional MAJOR wins. If you own the armor and bought a ticket and lose - bad luck. If you don't own the armor and bought a ticket - at least you accepted some risk and paid 5M for the spin and accepted the limitation of being blocked from additional MAJOR wins.

Long way to say that the current system imposed no real risk or cost on those with multiple accounts winning/flipping spins, and I'm not sure if that was the intent.

2. Default

CRB and Terzl makes some strong points, I think both of them are right in their own way. However, I would like to play Devil’s advocate and say that these type of events actually lower silver values in the long run.

People hoard in this game, especially due to the penchant in Gemstone for taking long breaks and most importantly how items are improved gradually over long periods (and become valuable) in the game. Couple this with the fact that there is an enormous disparity in wealth between players with silvers (and all the extraordinary items) and players who have nothing (yes 10 or 15 million is basically nothing) and you get an almost unassailable wall built around the ‘cool stuff’ for people trying to start the game or who just want to play GemStone and not monopoly.

So much like the real world most of the high end gear stays in the hands of the very wealthy and circulate amongst that market which never really drops in price especially with outright trades of items being so common. Silvers on the otherhand become expensive (there’s less of it) in terms of dollar value and invariably it just becomes easier and cheaper to buy items directly from Simutronics through their store and events. These Simu events (such as Duskruin) outnumber purely silver driven events like CCF, therefore, because the utility of silvers have decreased (i.e. too expensive dollar wise currently and silver price on super gear is just too high), the value of getting nice stuff through the game (i.e. simucoin events) is far greater than getting stuff from other players through silvers.

That is to say since these events funnel more of the high end gear into the hands of the few who either sit on or at best trade for other high end items or command inflated silver prices (which isn’t inflated in their niche ultra-wealthy market), the main demand for the silvers-for-dollars market (the in-game poor) evaporates especially since there exists a much cheaper (and stable) alternative through Simucoin events.

I know this all sounds like tin-foil hat hogwash but the more I think about it the more I believe events like CCF cripple the items for silvers market between players and reinforce Simudollars demand. I’m not an expert on this and I can be completely off but there is also the financial motive component as well by the GMs and the company. All in all, cheers if you got through reading this!

I agree that there's basically a glass ceiling to having truly cool shit in this game. When I see figures like 400m being thrown around on wins (let alone higher) at CCF I just have to laugh. That may as well be a trillion silvers for as realistic as it is to the average player. If you're not Gemstone Old Money or don't mind paying $ out the ass, you just aren't getting that kind of silver in game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    I agree that there's basically a glass ceiling to having truly cool shit in this game. When I see figures like 400m being thrown around on wins (let alone higher) at CCF I just have to laugh. That may as well be a trillion silvers for as realistic as it is to the average player. If you're not Gemstone Old Money or don't mind paying $ out the ass, you just aren't getting that kind of silver in game.
    It's a futile attempt at propping up an economy for a small group of people at the cost of the larger community. Oddly enough when I see a character all geared out in GS, i don't think "WOW!", I think "Wow, this dude has penis size issues."

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Anyone can get rich in this game if they know the good spots to hunt/farm or have the patience to merchant their way up.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    It's a futile attempt at propping up an economy for a small group of people at the cost of the larger community. Oddly enough when I see a character all geared out in GS, i don't think "WOW!", I think "Wow, this dude has penis size issues."
    A good attitude to have.

In all, I would look at silver/dollar prices come this Duskruin (in June?) and also how much the books will fetch in silvers.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Anyone can get rich in this game if they know the good spots to hunt/farm or have the patience to merchant their way up.
    That’s like saying everyone can drive real fast if they just owned a Ferrari. Not everyone is rocking the oldest and most post-cap Wizard in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgar View Post
    That’s like saying everyone can drive real fast if they just owned a Ferrari. Not everyone is rocking the oldest and most post-cap Wizard in the game.
    My highest level character is 41 and I merchanted my way up to 70 mil. That's certainly not rich, but if I would have continued past that I'm sure I could have turned that 70 in to much more. Now that 70 mil took me 3 years, so you have to have some level of patience as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgar View Post
    Rich hunting spots aren’t exclusive to capped characters. There are plenty of good low/mid level areas that are rich as fuck and/or have high skin values.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Rich hunting spots aren’t exclusive to capped characters. There are plenty of good low/mid level areas that are rich as fuck and/or have high skin values.
    Truth.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~

~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~