Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 84

Thread: CCF Greed

  1. #1

    Default CCF Greed

    I'm Thaluhar in game..

    A lot of you gave me shit because I voiced my opinion concerning a few things in game during this event.

    The greed displayed during this event by certain individuals and the prevailing thought that selling spots is, and should be, a normal thing in game is wrong IMO - specifically when it comes to work that is only able to be completed on items that someone already OWNS.

    Examples: Voln Armor, Ithzir Armor, DB items, etc.

    The way the event was set up - the merchant working stated that you must have the item in order for it to be worked on - they would not add it to an existing item. So what do many decide to do? Sit in the room, win a spin... they do not own an item that can be worked on... then they try to sell their spot. Absurd, and if you think that's just "okay" or "normal".. then this community is even more fucked than I thought.

    I never spoke up during services that are applicable to ANY item - ie. AS, DS, Flares, etc. - because if you win a spin and no one buys the spot, at least YOU can still use the service. That is reasonable. The spot is not being WASTED. Time is not being WASTED.

    Soaking up a merchants time and trying to make money off of a fellow adventurer in the lands who actually can have work completed (when you can not use the service at all - in any manner what so ever) is horrible in a community as small as this one.

    The simple solution that hopefully gets implemented in future events is.. for services on SPECIFIC items (ie. DB items) - the merchant states, "All those with DB items join me" then spin for those that can actually have the work done because it is for a SPECIFIC item. Not a general item or service.

    I'm sure the responses will be "STFU" or "Get over it" or "You're salty" etc, etc, etc. That's fine.. it's just sad to see the the clawing, begging, and greed that has taken over at events like this and how people won't even use logic or display a reasonable means of civility towards their fellow players.

    I am extremely happy for those that won items or services and it was truly amazing to see some of the items they had worked on. That was the good part of this event. I felt the staff and individual merchants did a great job resolving the issues when the game crashed and keeping the event on schedule. That Wyrom even put this event together was extremely welcomed and he put a lot of effort in that he did not have to.

    As is.. and yes I'll be called "dumb" or "stupid" or whatever else the trolls can come up with.. I just left game after this morning. The chance to win a spin or auction isn't worth it to me to keep watching what I consider to be ugly player activity. So I will see everyone once this whole thing is over.

    Good luck to everyone on the upcoming spins. Hopefully you win something that YOU can use.

  2. #2

    Default

    I completely agree with you. That’s why I didn’t bother to attend. Usually in a mmo people help each other out with items they have a use for. In GS people sell you the spot they can’t use....

    Oh well. Hopefully this event makes a dent in the silvers.

  3. #3

    Default

    I am also not a fan of folks selling spots. I am not sure why it bothers me more than if they made an item to sell, but it does. Already in the last day I have had two people solicit me to buy their spots and I can only guess how ugly lnet is with it. CCF events have a long history of this sort of thing. Try not to let it get to you that much, still worth hanging about and trying to catch a spin.

  4. #4

    Default

    Like I've said before and I've gotten a lot of shit for it because people can't imagine how insane some of the players are. But this is a perfect example of there being no more than 75 unique real life people that play this game.. maybe 100 tops. They use their multi personality disorder to basically run the game because their real lives are too insignificant, or they've just been unable to let go.

    It ruins the economy, events, RP and the houses. It's so absurd that it's actually hard to fathom, but I can personally pinpoint an individual with at least 10 unique accounts and personalities.

    I also recognized the favortism from GMs in the paid event before this. The likelihood of certain individuals winning a one of a kind item was so remote, that there was no further explanation.

    If you decide to play this game, you basically need to come to terms with that's how it is. These people have built their lives around this game and have poured lots and lots of money into it because of their insanity. You just need to accept it.

  5. #5

    Default

    You can still enjoy the game with shit gear. Better gear just helps you deliver even more overkill. There are still random opportunities to find something awesome in the treasure pool of the game.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,304
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Selling spots is messed up, but GS has a rich tradition of metagaming market fuckery.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    But this is a perfect example of there being no more than 75 unique real life people that play this game.. maybe 100 tops.
    No, we've been over this.
    Last edited by Taernath; 05-12-2018 at 12:56 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    3,789
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neovik1 View Post
    You can still enjoy the game with shit gear. Better gear just helps you deliver even more overkill. There are still random opportunities to find something awesome in the treasure pool of the game.
    Getting 6x gear is pretty easy now for any new player if they are pointed in the right places to hunt when they start off. If you're full 6x between armor, weapon and whatnot it's pretty easy.


    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    But this is a perfect example of there being no more than 75 unique real life people that play this game.. maybe 100 tops.
    This has been roundly disproved, in no less than a public, regulatory finding by the publicly traded company that controls Gemstone. As of Feb 17, the daily active user figure in GS was around 1500. Based on player in game numbers this is not likely to have changed since that time.


    With regard to the OP, allowing the mobility of slots permits them to go to those who value them the most--the opposite of being waster--and permits two parties to come away happy.

    This is not greed but economics, and it's a beautiful thing to me; I see nothing uncivil about it. I do agree with your point about reasonable time limits for the sale to occur, and if a seller holds up the line, they should forfeit.

    And all the above being said, I think a mix of distribution methods is best.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,944
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    It doesn't seem that this is wasting the GM's time at all. If they didn't want people to beable to sell their spots, they wouldn't allow items to be passed.

    Greedy? Maybe. But it is behavior that is allowed.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  10. Default

    Here's my argument FOR passing.


    I won banshee flares, none of my items were eligible for that service. So I sold it. I then purchased a spot from someone else who was selling something I could use. That person now has more silvers to buy something they want. And on and on and on.

    Passing is a great way to keep the economy wheel moving. Silvers pass hands, silvers leave the game.


    I get that poor people want to win stuff too. But if you get lucky and sell the spot, you become part of the wheel and you can buy something you want.
    Find me in game as Alastir
    Or on Discord as: Alastir#9661

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •