Thread: StormFront Problem: Crashing When Accessing Settings/Highlights

1. Default StormFront Problem: Crashing When Accessing Settings/Highlights

I'm having a problem with Stormfront and I am about at my wit's end. Any help, insight, pointers, ideas for things I haven't tried, is welcome and appreciated.

Core Issue: Unable to access window 'Settings' menu/dialog or Stormfront's 'Highlights' menu/dialog. When right clicking on story window (or any other stream window) and clicking settings, Stormfront crashes. When I access the main Settings menu and then click on Highlights, Stormfront crashes.

Things I have Tried Logging in with and with and without Lich. Uninstalling/reinstalling the game launcher, StormFront, Lich, and Ruby. Storing settings locally and on the server.

Things To Note: This only occurs when trying to access the settings or highlights menu, as long as I make no attempt to do so StormFront chugs along just fine and I can play all the live long day. I can import an .xml file with settings and that works, so I can use a different character to set things up the way I want, export the settings to an .xml file, and then import to .xml to the pain in the ass borked character and that works fine. I tried importing a clean, default configuration/settings and it made no difference. That is a giant pain in the ass though, and I would really rather not have to do it. And as previously mentioned, this is only happening with one character.

Am I missing something? Any ideas for where to go next? This is seriously driving me batshit.
    You tilt your hilt back and forth, allowing light to play over etchwork on its tortoiseshell surface. The etching reads, "Giggles."

2. Default

It may be a silly question to ask, but are you on Windows 10? Also, are you running as admin if you are?
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~

~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~

Have you heard the gospel of WizardFE?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    It may be a silly question to ask, but are you on Windows 10? Also, are you running as admin if you are?
    Not silly! I am running Windows 10 and I I do have Administrator Privileges.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    Have you heard the gospel of WizardFE?
    I have. I prefer Stormfront. And, more importantly. Wizard won't even install without crashing. So even if I wanted to, and I don't, it's not an option.
    You tilt your hilt back and forth, allowing light to play over etchwork on its tortoiseshell surface. The etching reads, "Giggles."

Quote Originally Posted by MokiePrime View Post
    I have. I prefer Stormfront. And, more importantly. Wizard won't even install without crashing. So even if I wanted to, and I don't, it's not an option.
    Sounds like you've been excommunicated from the faith. May Wyrom have mercy on your soul.

6. Default

Fixed! Apparently something in the character's settings were corrupt and importing a StormFront.xml file doesn't actually overwrite everything. I needed to go to AppData>Roaming>StormFront and then delete the associated file. It uses a character's index number and not their name, so it can be a little confusing. But if you logout and then log back in it should be the most recent file in the directory.