Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs Guide to CCF:

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    Not sure if trolling..

But, for the sake of being as objective as possible, Inspire has...

Bid on his own auction item after editing his original post so he didn't take a loss on an EG win.
    Erased threads on the PC that accurately portray his character has having none while he had Mod access.

Objectively, in my opinion...

While trying to monopolize the DR pendants, when they were selling for 75+ million silvers, scammed someone out of a piece for a million silvers.

I'm not trying to waste my time on a Sunday, but there's plenty to review if you look at a few threads. I'll edit them in if you want/care.
    Thanks.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    News flash, some people have different values than you and Alastair. Some people enjoy an item beyond what you can swindle an idiot out of. I’m not going to argue or explain sentimental value to you. you are silver driven, and that’s fine, but
    It would benefit you to recognize that not everyone is, and trying to tell them they are using their win wrong because you are seeing lost profits is garbage.
    I don't think he was saying it's wrong that people are wrong for expressing sentimental value. I think he's saying more that sentimental value in something that's completely intangible and indistinguishable from a copy makes no logical sense.

For example, if you get your armor ASG changed they essentially recreate it from scratch with the properties of your old armor and new ASG. Since it's a 'different' item does it lose its sentimental value? Same example if you lose your item to the janitor...your original item is just recreated (new item number identifier and all). Does it no longer have the sentimental value to you in that case?

I'll probably be red repped for this, but Alastir is a dick in game too... Which is okay until you take into account he also sucks at hunting. So at least pick something and be good at it.

4. Default

I dislike Alistir as much as anyone else in GS, but he has a point here. Some guy a while back won 10 weighting services and a few folks offered 20m for it as I recall. Guy said something like "if i keep selling ill never get better." Yet he coulda bought 6x HCP armor for that much when he was probably wearing like 5x unpadded stuff. Like everything else in gemstone, item improvement is diminishing returns... that last +5 is much much more valuable than the first +5. A lower end player who capitalizes on this concept can end up much better than where they were by selling any "last +5" and incremental improvement services they run into.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    News flash, some people have different values than you and Alastair. Some people enjoy an item beyond what you can swindle an idiot out of. I’m not going to argue or explain sentimental value to you. you are silver driven, and that’s fine, but
    It would benefit you to recognize that not everyone is, and trying to tell them they are using their win wrong because you are seeing lost profits is garbage.
    You get emotionally butthurt way too easily.

I don't agree with Alastir's merchanting but I fail to see how he is telling them they are using their win wrong. If your goal is silver maximization, what he said is absolutely correct and in that sense, very helpful. Not everyone knows how GS economics work.

Some people play the game to merchant. Some play it for RP. Some (like me) enjoy the pure mechanics of the game.

It's the 2nd group that are likely to use wins for their in-game purpose because RP is greater, to them, than any of the other factors. This is, first and foremost, an RP game. If someone has a pair of claws (altered tiger claw or something) on their cat-themed brawling half-elf with cat ears, and it's only 4x enchanted but they argued with a GM for 30 minutes holding up GALD line to convince them that the alter was acceptable - they're going to permabless those claws despite being a terrible weapon mechanically / terrible investment from a merchanting perspective, and may prove to be ineffective at higher levels for hunting. At the end of the day, the risk of having their desired alteration denied and avoiding that conversation, so their character has exactly the look and feel they desire, is more of a priority than missing an "opportunity".

Folks like myself have a hard time accepting those priorities because it doesn't make "sense", but you can't question someone's desire to enjoy the game how they want. At the same time, if you put aside your bias against Alastir, you can see the statement was well-intentioned. It was just some advice on how to capitalize on the event if money is a motivator.

I don't play the game for RP, but respect that option for others. It's kind of like the "Starving Artist" dilemma. You want your character to be powerful, but the RP is your art and you're not willing to "sell out" to support your art. Most folks in the world find that logic flawed in the moment, but eventually realize the value of that artist (especially when they're gone). As long as we don't chastise or condescend when people make a decision that deviates from the "greatest gain" mentality, everything about CCF should be fine.
    Last edited by Maerit; 05-07-2018 at 10:36 AM.

7. Default

Here I am just hoping to plop a snake on the end of my runestaff.

Am I missing something here... you all refer to selling your spot, but didn't I read you cannot pass items nor silvers once you are selected? Same with Culd... so how would one sell their spot?

Quote Originally Posted by elan123 View Post
    Am I missing something here... you all refer to selling your spot, but didn't I read you cannot pass items nor silvers once you are selected? Same with Culd... so how would one sell their spot?
    I think this is confusing too. Here is Wyrom's first statement reposted in this thread: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...rvice-Schedule (as quoted by Alastir from officials)...

>>Q: So just to clarify for me, if i win and someone passes me the item we both get dinged and both charged a surgcharge?

A: Yes. Or disqualified entirely from CCF.
    But then this was quoted by Wyrom later in the same thread (again, per Alastir's quote of Wyrom on officials)...

Passing items and silvers is allowed. Leaving the room won't disqualify you, but if a merchant is working room order and someone moves you, it can very well take you out of line. It will be up to the merchant working if they were keeping track of the order.

Also, there's the wiki:

https://gswiki.play.net/Commencement...raesine_Forest

Case you want all the info up to date in one spot as the wiki people tend to summarize and update the one page as changes to pricing/schedule/availability/limitations/restrictions are changed.

From the wiki in regards to pricing/availability/limitations/restrictions:
    You will be able to win multiple MAJOR services with a very steep silver surcharge. That surcharge grows VERY rapidly. There are no restrictions on item and/or silver passing. The surcharge costs for Major win selection is below. Surcharge is tracked for both the account and for the item separately and are added together for total cost of the surcharge.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong