Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs Guide to CCF:

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    This entire guide is slanted to "Sell it to Alastir or people with 50 million anytime you win" that it kind of makes the occasional tidbits of advice moot. Items have value to their owners. If you take a really cool 5x axe or katana to 6x and keep all of the gadgets you probably got your money worth and 50 million silver never guarantees you'll get the item you supposedly wanted vs. the 6x weapon you could have got.
    I am going to have to wholeheartedly agree with this. Thank you for chiming in, Geijon.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    This entire guide is slanted to "Sell it to Alastir or people with 50 million anytime you win" that it kind of makes the occasional tidbits of advice moot. Items have value to their owners. If you take a really cool 5x axe or katana to 6x and keep all of the gadgets you probably got your money worth and 50 million silver never guarantees you'll get the item you supposedly wanted vs. the 6x weapon you could have got.
    What is this really cool 5x axe or katana that you're taking to 6x?

If it's a plain 5x axe with a fancy alter and you take it to 6x, you've wasted the spot and the opportunity to make silvers. Sell the spot, make millions, buy a 6x HCW version and re-alter.

It's the same scenario for a 5x katana, which can be wizard enchanted now. Sell the spot, and now you can afford to pay a wizard to enchant it to 7x easily with funds left over.

The guide was focused on a new person who doesn't have a lot of gear and how they can get the most out of their win. You might think it's "Sell it to Alastir or people with 50 million" but that's how they get the most value from their win. If they come in with low value base gear, improving it won't add anywhere near the value they could get if they simply sold the spot to someone with high value base gear.

But as I said above.

You can by all means do that 4x-5x enchant, but a wizard could do it, and you're throwing away your opportunity to get the most out of your win. These events are a great way to turn your win into 20-30m that you now have to spend on whatever your little heart desires.

There is no wasting the spot, if you make something that you want, or manage to sell it it is not wasted. Just because the people at the top end of the gear pile don't get what they want does not make a spot wasted. The game exists for every player not just the special few. If the person that wins is happy with whatever they make then the game is better off overall.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Alastir (and others) stand to benefit from winners selling their spots to them, so prepping folks for that choice is in his best interest.

That being said, winners should prepare themselves to be bombarded with offers as in the heat of the moment they may sell or keep a service they will regret the next day. Know before the win if this is a keep or sell service for you. The only spots Alastir (and others) stand to gain from this are those of folks who, if given time to consider it, would value the silvers over the service but got flustered in the moment and just worked whatever item they had handy.

Obviously the subtext here is "Hey kids, Alastir will pay you many millions (but probably less) if you sell him your services" but if someone feels that is the best way to go (again, being given lots of time to consider it) I can't find fault in that, regardless of the requisite Alastir self interest.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

There are 2 services I would be interested in buying. One of them is most likely going out via auction.

You don't sell to me, you sell to people like Vishra or Warclaidh who heavily overpay.

If you want to argue that enchanting 4x plain gear to 5x plain gear is better than selling that spot for 30m and buying 6x HCP I'm going to laugh at you. But feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    There are 2 services I would be interested in buying. One of them is most likely going out via auction.

You don't sell to me, you sell to people like Vishra or Warclaidh who heavily overpay.

If you want to argue that enchanting 4x plain gear to 5x plain gear is better than selling that spot for 30m and buying 6x HCP I'm going to laugh at you. But feel free.
    For as smart as you portray yourself, sometimes I feel like you have to be deliberately missing the point.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    For as smart as you portray yourself, sometimes I feel like you have to be deliberately missing the point.
    I simply disagree with the suggestion that a spot is not wasted on low value, low enchant gear if the person is happy with it. That person can come out ahead by selling the spot and then buying a higher value, higher enchant item. Why spend money enchanting your 4x to 5x, when you can make 20-30m and then buy 6x HCP? From what I've heard, the price is going to be 1m times the final enchant. So a 4x-5x is going to cost 25m anyway.

There are some items that can only be enchanted during these events or with premium points. This is the time to sell the spot to people with that kind of gear because they will most likely pay a small fortune for it, because they don't have a lot of other choices. I plan to enter everything and sell as much as I can to whoever will pay the most for it.

The assumption being that nobody has any attachment to their gear and the need for 6x HCP outweighs all. Not all values are quantifiable. If it's worth 30M to someone to have their 4x flaring longsword enchanted to 5x because they have been swinging it for 20 years and it's their baby, then great for them. Nobody has a claim to a win except the winner, and that includes the rich folks who may feel they "deserve" it more. Nobody is arguing that a 5x enchant on a plain item is worth more silvers than a 10x on an uber item. The point is that it's a fucking game, and if someone wants to use their win on enchanting up an aventail, well it's not your business, you already lost. get over it

TLDR: Win it, buy it, or get over it.

9. Default

Is there where I come to sell my spot when I win good stuffs?

Asking for a friend.

Few and far between? DR is a three time a year event, and so far has had uber services of some sort every single run, it is easier to make or win uber items now then it has ever been in the past, assuming you are willing to invest.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.