Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Noobs Guide to CCF:

Default Noobs Guide to CCF:

I thought it might be helpful to post a guide for new people attending this level of event.

Enchanting Slots

When it comes to enchanting slots, they're best used on gear that is HIGH END. What do I mean by HIGH END gear? Gear that a wizard can't normally enchant, or that's really difficult to enchant.

Examples of these types of items include:
    * 7x gear going to 8x, or any enchant from 8x-10x.
    * Masterfully crit padded gear.
    * 7x+ flaring gear, or rare/uncommon flares.
    * Permablesed gear
    * 3x+ Claidhmores

If you don't have that type of gear, you're better off selling the spot to someone who does. Why? Because they're likely to pay you more than your item will be worth after using that enchant slot, and you can then just purchase the item you want. So instead of using that enchant slot to take your 4x armor to 5x, they will most likely pay you enough to where you can purchase, 6x, 7x or 8x armor. You can by all means do that 4x-5x enchant, but a wizard could do it, and you're throwing away your opportunity to get the most out of your win. These events are a great way to turn your win into 20-30m that you now have to spend on whatever your little heart desires.

Fusion Slot Increase

At a minimum, you would want to use a 2-slot fusion item. There are 3-slot fusion items out there, but they're more expensive and rare. Someone with a current set of 3/4-slot fusion will most likely pay more for your spot than your newly acquired 3 slot will be worth.

Defusion

This service is great for anyone with several high end fusion orbs already placed into their fusion gear. Best used if you have 3 or 4 slot fusion armor/shield/weapon with +10 fusion orbs.

Creature Bane

Since grimswarm is an option, grimswarm + fire is a good combination for troll grim camps. Fire flares will stop their regen/heal. Other useful combinations might be cold flares for confluence fire elementals, or fire for ice. I'm struggling to think of any other good combinations. The best choices IMO are combinations that will last throughout the game, or are specific to cap where you'll spend most of your time.

* CreatureBanes cannot be enchanted once applied. Try to use the highest enchant weapon you can find.

Snake Flares

These are good entry level flares. They shouldn't cost a lot of silvers even on slightly higher enchanted gear. I would choose paralyzing or random. They come with a scripted snake that is added to your weapon. It will no longer be blessable.

Runestaff Flares

Unless you already have a 6x/6x nervestaff, my suggestion would be to sell this spot. You should be able to afford one afterwards. Since these are apparently stackable (up to an unknown limit), it's best to use on a runestaff that already has these flares. Putting these flares on a runestaff without acuity flares already is a waste of the spot!

Rare Flares

My first choice out of the rare flares available is unbalance. It has a better chance to knockdown/stun the target. Grapple is a strong second choice if you want more damage and less knockdowns/stuns.

Ironwright

I've heard web flares are nice. Fire would be a good second choice with that one.

* Ironwright cannot be enchanted from what I've been told.

Pure Coraesine

This binds to the character if you win it, make sure to choose wisely. I believe it has to be a "bladed" weapon also.

Resistances

For OTF, lightning is a good choice.
    For Nelemar, puncture I believe is a good choice d/t the charge maneuver.
    Impact is another good choice, as a lot of areas use this type of damage.
    Or Vacuum for Implosions.

Backup Plan:

If in doubt, sell your spot to someone who will pay you millions for it. You will most likely be able to find an already created item that will be better than what you will be creating. By selling your spot, you can afford it and probably have something left over for other upgrades.
    Last edited by Alastir; 05-04-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Good work sir. You're doing a service to the community
    Strongest foe vanquished: a brown-bearded Chastonian earl

@Daiyon on Discord

Interesting opinion piece, yet oddly it seems like most folks will have totally different views on what the best uses of any service are.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Yeah just a few points of clarification on this:

1) Snake Flares: Paralysis just roots them in the room. It's not paralysis in the traditional sense.

2) Rare Flares: Grapple > Unbalance. There are a lot of creatures that are immune to unbalance, and- oddly enough- grapple knocks down more frequently

3) Coraesine- you are correct that it must be bladed (sigh)

4) Ironwright: Web flares are definitely neat and handy, but they're based on the unbalance crit table. So just know that going in. Also the Ironwright air flares are unique flares- you can't get them any other way. (Also challenging if you don't have a sorcerer around who can cast the spell for it)

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    2) Rare Flares: Grapple > Unbalance. There are a lot of creatures that are immune to unbalance, and- oddly enough- grapple knocks down more frequently
    Not from my testing. You can also look at the critical tables on the wiki. Unbalance will knock down more. It also works on creatures that appear to be immune to 110.

If you have a grapple weapon, I would recommend doing some side-by-side testing. It's definitely possible that the unbalance flares are working against some things that are immune to 110, but that's not the norm. I don't believe there's anything immune to grapple, however.

In addition to being more likely to knock down on some body locations, grapple also tends to have longer stun times.

I would always recommend grapple over unbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    Not from my testing. You can also look at the critical tables on the wiki. Unbalance will knock down more. It also works on creatures that appear to be immune to 110.
    She doesn't base anything on facts. I'd lean on your testing rather than her opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Interesting opinion piece, yet oddly it seems like most folks will have totally different views on what the best uses of any service are.
    I thought it was very helpful.

Blog Entries

So I won't be able to afford any major services, what are minor services all about because this will be where I fall

Quote Originally Posted by Alastir View Post
    * Ironwright CAN be enchanted from what I've been told. This would be an okay choice for a low level weapon that you turn into a project.
    Hmm, I was asking about it yesterday and got answers that it can't be enchanted.

[Prime]-You: "Does anyone know if Ironwright weapons can be player enchanted?"
    [Prime]-GSIV:Brutish: "I don't think they can be."
    [Prime]-GSIV:Pathragers: "nope, neither can veil Iron.. stupid"
    [Prime]-GSIV:Lochiven: "they cannot"
    [Prime]-You: "Okay, so aim to put it only on already highly-enchanted weapons, thanks!"
    [Prime]-GSIV:Pathragers: "I would love to know the reasoning behind why you cant"
    [Prime]-GSIV:Lochiven: "Yeah I had one made at rtcf. Was bummed it wasn't updated like other scripts to be enchantable"
    [Prime]-GSIV:Lochiven: "Thankfully they were updated to allow ensorcell on them"

Can't confirm since I don't have one, but I'm not taking the risk on a low end weapon unless I know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Also the Ironwright air flares are unique flares- you can't get them any other way. (Also challenging if you don't have a sorcerer around who can cast the spell for it)
    518 air doesn't work?