Thread: Question about Brawling

Default Question about Brawling

Does training in Brawling help an archer? Seems to me it used to but I am not sure it does any more.

I am thinking about taking out the brawling training in my Bard archer so I can put those points somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by BHawk View Post
    Does training in Brawling help an archer? Seems to me it used to but I am not sure it does any more.

I am thinking about taking out the brawling training in my Bard archer so I can put those points somewhere else.
    Attack Strength = Skill Bonus + DEX Bonus + Weapon Enchant + Spell Bonuses

If it is any help, it can't be enough to overcome using those TP's somewhere else.

Blog Entries

If it's for UAC the UAF comes from STR and AGI

The original logic behind brawling with ranged was merely as a means of improving DS while your right hand was empty. It has nothing to do with AS or UAF.

I think you'd be entirely fine removing the brawling training and focusing solely on ranged at this point. Just ensure you have dodge at 1x, and keep your defensive spells and songs active. I don't think your DS will be adjusted by much if anything anymore.

These days the type of ranged weapon seems to be more of a factor for DS. Parry DS is higher with a bow than a crossbow, and you can parry with a bow while you cannot parry with an empty hand unless you're running 1214 (Brace).

Thank you for the replies!

Maerit confirmed what I suspected. I have taken the brawling training out and put it into the lores.