Thread: Stat Advice

Default Stat Advice

Looking for advice since I'm coming up on level 20.

I recognize i'll have to get a fixstat at some point, but feel like this is a good balance between getting max RT reduction early for a slower race and growth for earlier levels.

I chose to tank intuition because of my low influence bonus and the impact on warcries. It doesn't seem like intuition really impacts that much aside from dodging and maneuvers, but I assume that will be of minimal impact as a warrior in plate who can't dodge for shit anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Dwarf Warrior

STR P 50
    CON S 50
    DEX 85
    AGL 85
    DIS 60
    AUR M 80
    LOG 80
    INT 30
    WIS M 70
    INF 70

Mind telling us what kind of weapon you're using? You only need a 23 AGIDEX bonus to swing a maul in 5 seconds. If you can lower your AGI/DEX stats and still achieve that, I would recommend the inexpensive route of using an easier to handle weapon, or enhancives. Fix stats potions are usually pretty pricey. Using low-end enhancives or altering your weapon option for a short time is usually much less expensive in the long run.

I'm using a maul, yes. So I only need 23, but the extra gives me some buffer for encumbrance and ambushing.

4. Default

I would personally lose my mind with those stats. Is you your INF high for war cries? Below is what I went with for to get 100's in the top four by 50. I'll fixstat again. With those low prime requisites I think you may find you want more TPs to work with. If you can get your AGIDEX above 38 you can swing a claidh at 5 seconds, I believe.

Strength (STR): 76
    Constitution (CON): 80
    Dexterity (DEX): 87
    Agility (AGI): 87
    Discipline (DIS): 80
    Aura (AUR): 55
    Logic (LOG): 85
    Intuition (INT): 40
    Wisdom (WIS): 50
    Influence (INF): 20

Level 0 Stats Dwarf Warrior

Strength (STR): 60
    Constitution (CON): 60
    Dexterity (DEX): 65
    Agility (AGI): 63
    Discipline (DIS): 48
    Aura (AUR): 70
    Logic (LOG): 94
    Intuition (INT): 44
    Wisdom (WIS): 84
    Influence (INF): 72

Far from perfect but those are my warriors stats from info start.. as a Dwarf your influence bonus is gonna suck no matter what you do... But yelling seems to care more about just ranking up in warcries more than is weighted by influence , just in my experience

Quote Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
    I'm using a maul, yes. So I only need 23, but the extra gives me some buffer for encumbrance and ambushing.
    I don't think this is actually true. Having a higher AGIDEX shouldn't improve your ability to reduce RT when encumbered? Is that a thing? I was under the impression that AGIDEX only reduces the base swing time of a weapon. You'd want STR/CON to help with encumbrance from my experience, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I don't think this is actually true. Having a higher AGIDEX shouldn't improve your ability to reduce RT when encumbered? Is that a thing? I was under the impression that AGIDEX only reduces the base swing time of a weapon. You'd want STR/CON to help with encumbrance from my experience, but I could be wrong.
    It decreases the swing time of the weapon, yes, but only down to the base time. So a -3 agidex gets me from a 7 second maul to a 4 second maul, which cannot have RT lower than 5 so it swings in 5.

However, I believe that when encumbrance is taken into account you gain back that extra -1 against the encumbrance formula. So if my "real" RT is 7 (base) - 3 (AGIDEX) = 4 actualswing time is 5...and if I add one second of encumbrance it's still 5 because my swing speed is really 4 but the weapon cannot be swung in less than 5.

I don't know that this is absolutely the truth, but based on anecdotal experience playing my rogue i'm almost 100% sure it is.
    Last edited by Nosh; 04-27-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosh View Post
    It decreases the swing time of the weapon, yes, but only down to the base time. So a -3 agidex gets me from a 7 second maul to a 4 second maul, which cannot have RT lower than 5 so it swings in 5.

However, I believe that when encumbrance is taken into account you gain back that extra -1 against the encumbrance formula. So if my "real" RT is 7 (base) - 3 (AGIDEX) = 4 actualswing time is 5...and if I add one second of encumbrance it's still 5 because my swing speed is really 4 but the weapon cannot be swung in less than 5.

I don't know that this is absolutely the truth, but based on anecdotal experience playing my rogue i'm almost 100% sure it is.
    It is true, any extra agi/dex bonus will help reduce your rt when encumbered. It can be nice but when you've got a lot of extra you have to watch your encumbrance more carefully or in some areas you can end up dead rather quickly.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

There is no RT adder penalty up to 4% encumbrance. Above 4% the penalty is +1 second RT adder for each 5% encumbered body weight.

Example: 200 lb. character

>0 to 8 lbs encumbrance: 0 RT adder (>0% to 4% encumbrance)
    >8 lbs to 18 lbs: +1 sec RT adder (>4% to 9% encumbrance)
    >18 lbs to 28 lbs: +2 sec RT adder (>9% to 14% encumbrance)
    >28 lbs to 38 lbs: +3 sec RT adder (>14% to 19% encumbrance)
    etc.

Mark