Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smite vs. bane.

1. Default Smite vs. bane.

What does everybody think about smite vs. bane? Is one clearly better than the other for non-RP reasons? I've heard that smite can be better given that there are more living critters than undead.

Also curious to know how you RP a cleric aligned with an evil deity if you went the bane route.

Smite's better vs. undead, bane is better vs. living. That's literally what it boils down to. Eventually you'll be using 317 as your primary kill spell anyway, and 317 doesn't give a shit what its target is.

Also curious to know how you RP a cleric aligned with an evil deity if you went the bane route.
    Before raising someone, you make sure to tell them in no uncertain terms that you're not raising them to help them and that you're only doing it for phat xp.

Be sure to always speak with a dark tone too.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-25-2018 at 09:59 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    No, ;random is what you should use.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Having to make a virtually permanent choice between living and undead is a bad mechanic.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I frankly find going with Bane is mechanically better for Clerics since they have other powerful tools to use vs the undead. Especially if you train in spell aiming. 301 + 306 is a powerful combination to "handle" undead while reserving 302 for living (and there tend to be more living creatures than undead). Also there is at least one Deity for each Smite and Bane that is not of the general "good" or "evil" alignment. There are also many neutral deities to pick from for RP purposes.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-25-2018 at 11:19 AM.

You should just Holy Bolt until like level 55. That spell is a motherfucker and incorp undead tend to be underhunted thus rich.

7. Default

I’d read / heard that spell aim wasn’t really worth it at early levels. I’m only 21. Can someone weigh in?

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Before raising someone, you make sure to tell them in no uncertain terms that you're not raising them to help them and that you're only doing it for phat xp.

This made me laugh.

i am smite aligned, and at my current lvl 37, rhet seems to not want to give me bounties for undead. i lack the mana to hunt with 312/317. So i am kinda wishing i had went bane currently.
    GSIV:Jhacen: "raise me you stupid bitch"

discord: vusit#6092

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fireorlime View Post
    I’d read / heard that spell aim wasn’t really worth it at early levels. I’m only 21. Can someone weigh in?
    It's another tool for your toolbox. Some people don't like it because clerics aren't spectacular bolters, but it's good for wanding stuff to death and contributes to runestaff DS. My pures are all 2x in spell aim.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.