Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mage GuildMasters Gain Merchant Charging!

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Just opened 172 plinites.

0 iridescent glowing cores.
    Viduus stated on discord that they're RARER than greater essence.

These will essentially never drop, and this update will never be used.

Blog Entries

Its gonna get used at least like 50 times, they handed out the potions to everyone who took part in the event. Myself and like 10 other people got one.

Blog Entries

Just opened 172 plinites.

0 iridescent glowing cores.
    lolpwned
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

You didn't hunt all of those plinites since they added the new style of plinites though, so some of those faintly glowing ones are probably the rare kind. I'm fairly sure that they're the type that you sell to the gemshop and get a note for. I generally get 1 or 2 every two batches of 100 plinites.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarston View Post
    You didn't hunt all of those plinites since they added the new style of plinites though, so some of those faintly glowing ones are probably the rare kind. I'm fairly sure that they're the type that you sell to the gemshop and get a note for. I generally get 1 or 2 every two batches of 100 plinites.
    They were all looted yesterday.

As much as I hunt the confluence, I maybe find 1 greater a week of even that, and I kill a lot of shit in there every day. If iridescent cores are even more rare than that, then Simu just wasted a lot of time coding this shit.

I don’t get why sorcerers get scroll infusion using off the shelf items to charge up pretty much any spell in the game since tons of shit is found on scrolls, but letting wizards recharge shit that’s atill going to overall be weaker than scroll infusion is considered so OP that it has to be balanced with ultra rare drops from one of the most annoying places in the game to hunt.

I’m convinced Estild is just trolling wizards now. I don’t see how not even one GM looked at this and didn’t think it was ridiculously stupid with the requirements.

Opened another 50 plinites last night after I made my last post, still 0 iridescents.

At least they’ll sell for a lot.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard4lyfe View Post
    I seriously have to agree with you on this one linguini boy, I really am a cockmonger.
    Yes, we've known this for a very long time.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

< I don’t get why sorcerers get scroll infusion using off the shelf items to charge up pretty much any spell in the game since tons of shit is found on scrolls, but letting wizards recharge shit that’s atill going to overall be weaker than scroll infusion is considered so OP that it has to be balanced with ultra rare drops from one of the most annoying places in the game to hunt. >

Do we know how much deterioration will occur while charging in merchant mode? Or if items that are both MR and enhancive are eligible? Scrolls do populate quicker, but if it could be done, taking advantage of item combining offered at some events would mean you could ( in theory ) combine your items and charge them forever(ish depending on if merchant charging wrecks values less than normal). Plus reduce the bullshit of having to pull a scroll, invoke, or keep a pocket Sorc ( which is lolz considering everyone had a pocket Wizard before ).

It's not instant gratification, but you didn't have the ability before this.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    < I don’t get why sorcerers get scroll infusion using off the shelf items to charge up pretty much any spell in the game since tons of shit is found on scrolls, but letting wizards recharge shit that’s atill going to overall be weaker than scroll infusion is considered so OP that it has to be balanced with ultra rare drops from one of the most annoying places in the game to hunt. >

Do we know how much deterioration will occur while charging in merchant mode? Or if items that are both MR and enhancive are eligible? Scrolls do populate quicker, but if it could be done, taking advantage of item combining offered at some events would mean you could ( in theory ) combine your items and charge them forever(ish depending on if merchant charging wrecks values less than normal). Plus reduce the bullshit of having to pull a scroll, invoke, or keep a pocket Sorc ( which is lolz considering everyone had a pocket Wizard before ).

It's not instant gratification, but you didn't have the ability before this.
    If the drops are more rare than greater essences, this will almost never be used by anybody.

I hunt the Confluence pretty much all day every day when I'm at work because having lots of downtime rules, and I probably kill anywhere between 1000-2000 elementals a day, basing it on my fame accumulation, which Confluence stuff is worth anywhere from 900-1050 fame per kill, being base level 95 (cold side) and base 100 (hot side).

On average I probably find a greater essence every 1-2 weeks at best, and I'm probably being very generous with that estimate. If iridescent cores are even more rare than that, that's total garbage. You could track down 2 Heroism scrolls and have a sorcerer infuse them before you even get a chance to think about recharging that mangled steel spoon that's been in your locker since the late 90s.

With a drop rate that horrible, and then being tied to ass cheese alchemy on top of it, I'm seriously convinced that Simu is trolling wizards at this point. It's not about instant gratification, it's about Simu having an incredibly retarded and fucked up idea of what balance is.

I should be opening a big batch of plinites shortly, all of which were farmed today. I expect to find 0 iridescent cores. Same for tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after that, etc.

If shit's going to be that rare, it should recharge enhancives too. But then that would probably require 500 ranks of water lore.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-25-2018 at 02:33 PM.

Blog Entries

If the drops are more rare than greater essences, this will almost never be used by anybody.

I hunt the Confluence pretty much all day every day when I'm at work because having lots of downtime rules, and I probably kill anywhere between 1000-2000 elementals a day, basing it on my fame accumulation, which Confluence stuff is worth anywhere from 900-1050 fame per kill, being base level 95 (cold side) and base 100 (hot side).

On average I probably find a greater essence every 1-2 weeks at best, and I'm probably being very generous with that estimate. If iridescent cores are even more rare than that, that's total garbage. You could track down 2 Heroism scrolls and have a sorcerer infuse them before you even get a chance to think about recharging that mangled steel spoon that's been in your locker since the late 90s.

With a drop rate that horrible, and then being tied to ass cheese alchemy on top of it, I'm seriously convinced that Simu is trolling wizards at this point. It's not about instant gratification, it's about Simu having an incredibly retarded and fucked up idea of what balance is.

I should be opening a big batch of plinites this evening, all of which were farmed today. I expect to find 0 iridescent cores. Same for tomorrow. And the day after. And the day after that, etc.

If shit's going to be that rare, it should recharge enhancives too. But then that would probably require 500 ranks of water lore.
    It would require 251. Just barely out of reach.
    Last edited by Gelston; 04-25-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Wizards get a pretty raw deal with this stuff - I don't play one but it's crazy. The drop rates of greater essence are appalling and there's no reason for them to be that low. Enchanting flares requires so much alchemy hassle and dedicated training and for what reason? Are flares really that powerful? It isn't that powerful to be able to enchant them to justify the BS wizards have to put up with to do it. Weighting/padding is better than flares a lot of the time and (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) there's no extra alchemy work expected of mages to enchant weighted/padded stuff.