Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What now?

Default What now?

Just maxed out spells, wondering where I should go from here. Any ideas?

Armor Use..........................| 40 8
    Physical Fitness...................| 201 101
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 201 101
    Magic Item Use.....................| 201 101
    Spell Aiming.......................| 302 202
    Harness Power......................| 302 202
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 201 101
    Spirit Mana Control................| 201 101
    Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 15 3
    Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| 205 105
    Perception.........................| 200 100
    Climbing...........................| 148 48
    Swimming...........................| 170 70
    First Aid..........................| 134 37

Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 76

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 63

Spell Lists
    Sorcerer...........................| 164

Get 3 ranks of MoC.

I have not studied this issue in a long while, but you might try to figure out if the following spell training would result in more benefits without lowering your sorcerer CS:

MnS: 64
    MnE: 77
    Sor: 162

Start down the long road of doubling in perception and singling in CM. I recommend putting it in a training rotation, instead of doing it all at once, perhaps with MIU, AS, EMC and SMC.

I would want some demonology.

You have good training. Whatever you choose will be viable.

Why 3 ranks of MoC?

Because it's better than 2 ranks of MoC.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I'd work on maxing out sorcerous lore: demonology.... More SMR defense via 704. More utility for 740. More reliable 712. Then there's the other RP utility, but that's a little less mechanical in nature.

Max out lores and then HP. Or HP and then lores.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Oh yeah, I always forget about the SMR benefits of 704. When did they make that change, anyhow?

I'm also wondering the effects of elemental lore on 719. I'm assuming there are better ways I can spend my points at the moment, but is it worthwhile down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Oh yeah, I always forget about the SMR benefits of 704. When did they make that change, anyhow?

I'm also wondering the effects of elemental lore on 719. I'm assuming there are better ways I can spend my points at the moment, but is it worthwhile down the line?
    I'd guess for a sorcerer 50/50/50/50 elemental lore would be the most efficient for DC, but it's not anything I'd put any kind of priority on over sorc lore, harness power, etc.

Why 3 ranks of MoC?
    Good question. I don't have a good answer. It may be antiquated advice. Looking at the wiki article on MoC, I don't see any compelling reason to make it a training priority. Personally, I have 10 ranks of MoC, and I've never regretted training in it, mainly because I've never given it much thought.
    FWI room 2
    Warped Wooden Hut
    Lich ID 3870

After you finish sorc lores, I'd reccomend the next loooong haul is combat maneuvers. MoC used to be a thing to help with FoF DS reduction. I'd only recommend something like that if you're going to be standing in tons of swarms all the time. CMAN training helps all around. Get you some disarm and cunning defense ranks to mitigate being disarmed. It also just adds standard maneuver defense which is handy in general.
    Last edited by Maerit; 04-22-2018 at 10:08 AM.