Thread: Questions About Trump's Wealth

Exclamation Questions About Trump's Wealth

Trump will be furious about this article. It goes into great detail about how the author claims Trump lied about Trump's assets in the 1980s to get on Forbes magazine's lists of the wealthiest people. The author also says Trump personally called him, claiming to be somebody named John Barron who worked for the Trump organization, to bolster Trump's claims. The author says he has tape recordings of the conversations.

I was a determined 25-year-old reporter, and I thought that, by reeling Trump back from some of his more outrageous claims, I’d done a public service and exposed the truth. But his confident deceptions were so big that they had an unexpected effect: Instead of believing that they were outright fabrications, my Forbes colleagues and I saw them simply as vain embellishments on the truth. We were so wrong.

More...
    Although Trump, posing as Barron, asked Forbes to conduct the conversation off the record, I am publishing it here. I believe an intent to deceive — both with the made-up persona and the content of the call — released me from my good-faith pledge. In a 1990 court case, Trump testified that he had used false names in phone calls to reporters. In 2016, when The Washington Post published a similar recording, Trump denied it was him.
    Trump returned to the Rich List in 1996 with a reported net worth of $450 million and an editor’s note that he claimed to be worth $2 billion. He never fell off it again. In his book, O’Brien criticized Forbes for rewarding Trump’s fabrications, citing interviews with “three people with direct knowledge of Donald’s finances” who estimated his true net worth after debts to be “somewhere between $150 million and $250 million.” Trump, who had told O’Brien he was worth $6 billion, sued for libel — and lost. When he lost his appeal in 2011, a New Jersey appellate judge wrote, “The largest portion of Mr. Trump’s fortune, according to three people who had had direct knowledge of his holdings, apparently comes from his lucrative inheritance. These people estimated that Mr. Trump’s wealth, presuming that it is not encumbered by heavy debt, may amount to about $200 million to $300 million. That is an enviably large sum of money by most people’s standards but far short of the billionaires club.”

The opacity persists. In 2016, Trump’s presidential campaign put out a statement saying the candidate had a net worth “in excess of TEN BILLION DOLLARS.” But he has never released his tax returns, and he has said that the core Trump Organization asset is the ownership of his brand — an ineffable marketing claim that is impossible to substantiate or refute.
    There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Trump will be furious about this article. It goes into great detail about how the author claims Trump lied about Trump's assets in the 1980s to get on Forbes magazine's lists of the wealthiest people. The author also says Trump personally called him, claiming to be somebody named John Barron who worked for the Trump organization, to bolster Trump's claims. The author says he has tape recordings of the conversations.
    Old newZ

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Go shave your legs Latrin.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Go shave your legs Latrin.

Latrin uses Nair you fucking Cretin.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    While he's taking a bubble bath, drinking wine and reading Twilight with the lights dimmed?
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    While he's taking a bubble bath, drinking wine and reading Twilight with the lights dimmed?
    This is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That shit causes hives.

Quote Originally Posted by AnticorRifling View Post
    Retardo ed rectum absolut (vodka)
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'd be an awesome woman. So awesome, you would want to fuck me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Nikkisaurus View Post
    That shit causes hives.
    And psychosis.