Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's New In Your Garden This Year?

Snow. My garden is covered in fucking snow. New as of last weekend's blizzard.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Have: lemons, apples, oranges, figs.

Want: limes, avocados.

A lot of my property is caliche which makes it hard to plant more so I might just get dwarf varieties.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Have: lemons, apples, oranges, figs.

Want: limes, avocados.

A lot of my property is caliche which makes it hard to plant more so I might just get dwarf varieties.
    My next door neighbor has a fig tree and half of it is over my fence, so I get those.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Snow. My garden is covered in fucking snow. New as of last weekend's blizzard.

Except instead of blizzard it was an ice storm. Sunny this weekend though so maybe we can actually have some spring!

But, I do plan to do some gardening hopefully. Not a big space so I think this year I will just do a variety of heirloom tomatoes. Black Krim, Purple Cherokee, something yellow and maybe something speckled.
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

Quote Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post

Except instead of blizzard it was an ice storm. Sunny this weekend though so maybe we can actually have some spring!

But, I do plan to do some gardening hopefully. Not a big space so I think this year I will just do a variety of heirloom tomatoes. Black Krim, Purple Cherokee, something yellow and maybe something speckled.
    OMG that sounds horrible. (the storm, not the tomatoes)

We're growing black krim tomatoes now. I thought they were black truffle tomatoes when I bought them. How are the Krims?

In other news- my ketchup and mustard roses are blooming, and they're gorgeous! I've always been afraid of roses- I thought they were hard to keep alive for some reason. Now I look around, and they're basically growing wild out here. So I don't know what I was thinking.

Here's a google image of the roses:

4c9c66f67cb9104507269cc95fa9a910.jpg

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    In other news- my ketchup and mustard roses are blooming, and they're gorgeous! I've always been afraid of roses- I thought they were hard to keep alive for some reason. Now I look around, and they're basically growing wild out here. So I don't know what I was thinking.

Here's a google image of the roses:

4c9c66f67cb9104507269cc95fa9a910.jpg
    I have a cherry blossom that usually comes in really nice. Hasn't started yet so I'm looking forward to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I have a cherry blossom that usually comes in really nice. Hasn't started yet so I'm looking forward to that.
    I LOVE cherry blossom trees! Do you know which kind it is?

9. Default

Black Krim are probably the best tomatoes I've ever tasted. Be prepared, they don't actually get 'black' per say, more of a maroonish color.
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.