Thread: Script Idea: Inventory Tracker...

Post Script Idea: Inventory Tracker...

Hey all, I know you pros get plenty of lich script idea/requests, likely most of them not really worth the effort. However I thought this one might be useful to more than just me or a handful of folks.

Problem: I have a total of about ~20 characters between 3 accounts (one of them premium). I use many of them as alts that I play occasionaly, but many are mules for my collection of weapons/armor/items. Currently I login every so often to each character on each account type: inv full, locker manif (clicking each city) and manually copy paste the character's entire inventory and locker contents to a Google sheet which I use as a psuedo database of my entire inventory in GS. This is pretty manual, and ends up often getting out of date very quickly.

Proposed Solution: A script that loads on ;autostart, tracks all players and ALTs inventory/bank account/locker contents and outputs to a file (ideally one single file CSV) updating it on every login.

Sample output (could be ; delimited, but I formatted in this example for easier readability):
    ScreenHunter 60.png

I dont know if I could make it myself, it seems fairly simple to me. I wanted to check first if any of the scripting pros might have a use for this and would be willing to make a script like this available to the public as they have for many great scripts in the past. I would imagine a talented programmer could bang this out in an hour tops. If no one takes interest I may take a crack at it myself but I'm an amateur. My plan would be to use ;enchantnotes as an example and work back from there.

This would make inventory management of all my alts and lockers scattered around a dream! Hope someone recognizes the benefits for them and the community as much as I do.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 04-19-2018 at 04:41 AM.

If all characters were premium it wouldn't be that hard. The issue you get into is how to deal with F2P or non-premium members as there is no easy way to tell if they have a locker where they are currently, and then depending on which CHE they are in, getting to that locker's location. Could easily just ignore the locker on non-premium characters for output for simplicity though.

F2P/Non-Premium:
    * INV FULL

Premium:
    * INV FULL
    * BANK ACCOUNT
    * LOCKER MANIFEST (EACH TOWN)

And then output to CSV file. You'd probably want to disable/pause certain scripts while doing this so you don't have to worry about garbage being collected. Mainly looking at ;lnet here. Perhaps throw in a decent 15 second pause if you autostart the script on login to allow everything else to finish so you don't have to worry about collecting it. You'd also want to move to a more quiet room to avoid the same garbage avoidance.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong

Quote Originally Posted by horibu View Post
    If all characters were premium it wouldn't be that hard. The issue you get into is how to deal with F2P or non-premium members as there is no easy way to tell if they have a locker where they are currently, and then depending on which CHE they are in, getting to that locker's location. Could easily just ignore the locker on non-premium characters for output for simplicity though.

F2P/Non-Premium:
    * INV FULL

Premium:
    * INV FULL
    * BANK ACCOUNT
    * LOCKER MANIFEST (EACH TOWN)

And then output to CSV file. You'd probably want to disable/pause certain scripts while doing this so you don't have to worry about garbage being collected. Mainly looking at ;lnet here. Perhaps throw in a decent 15 second pause if you autostart the script on login to allow everything else to finish so you don't have to worry about collecting it. You'd also want to move to a more quiet room to avoid the same garbage avoidance.
    Good point! I forgot the locker manif is gimped for non-premiums.

If junk got in there it wouldnt be the end of the world, you could filter it out fairly easily in excel I think.

Xanlin created a beautiful script from this concept. Thank's @xanlin!

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...-bank-accounts