My wizard is almost to 202 ranks of elemental lores and I am curious how other people have set up their lores. Right now I am:

Air: 55
Mostly for 535 RT reduction, 518 air bolt, the chance to auto channel with 515 (imho this is underrated), and 410/435 on flyers. Bigger disk, better 506, and faster familiar travel time are cool but not significant reasons to train this to me.

Water: 56
Primarily for faster enchanting and extra bolt spell option unlocks, but also nice for extra 512 targets/shatter chance, and extra 917 damage. The DF increases from lores are not worth targeting imho, but this affects the most spells for that.

Earth: 40
Increase 550 to 2x/day, but I almost never use it more than once per day so meh. I have thought about going to 60 ranks for 30 second 950 cooldown, but I very rarely try to use that more than once per minute.

Fire: 40
I got 20 for steam bolt, then started to get some more ranks for 513/950 AS/CS bonuses, but this benefit seems kind of pointless. Worthless for 917 most of the time unless I invest more than in water lore, which seems unlikely. I am probably going to drop this back down to the min for steam bolt.

In general, I think that splitting lores out mostly evenly nets the best return because of the seed summation system, but there are definitely some discrete breakpoints worth targeting for some of the lores. I am really underwhelmed with Earth and especially Fire lore, but I know a lot of people really like them so curious to understand the thought process for people who invested heavily in those.