Thread: Capped Lore Split

Default Capped Lore Split

My wizard is almost to 202 ranks of elemental lores and I am curious how other people have set up their lores. Right now I am:

Air: 55
    Mostly for 535 RT reduction, 518 air bolt, the chance to auto channel with 515 (imho this is underrated), and 410/435 on flyers. Bigger disk, better 506, and faster familiar travel time are cool but not significant reasons to train this to me.

Water: 56
    Primarily for faster enchanting and extra bolt spell option unlocks, but also nice for extra 512 targets/shatter chance, and extra 917 damage. The DF increases from lores are not worth targeting imho, but this affects the most spells for that.

Earth: 40
    Increase 550 to 2x/day, but I almost never use it more than once per day so meh. I have thought about going to 60 ranks for 30 second 950 cooldown, but I very rarely try to use that more than once per minute.

Fire: 40
    I got 20 for steam bolt, then started to get some more ranks for 513/950 AS/CS bonuses, but this benefit seems kind of pointless. Worthless for 917 most of the time unless I invest more than in water lore, which seems unlikely. I am probably going to drop this back down to the min for steam bolt.

In general, I think that splitting lores out mostly evenly nets the best return because of the seed summation system, but there are definitely some discrete breakpoints worth targeting for some of the lores. I am really underwhelmed with Earth and especially Fire lore, but I know a lot of people really like them so curious to understand the thought process for people who invested heavily in those.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Elemental Lore - Water.............| 302 202

my wizard is no where near being done... but i will say that this is something i'm curious about which is why i stopped lores for the time being

Elemental Lore - Air...............| 170 70
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 25 5
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 90 20
    Elemental Lore - Water.............| 164 64

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    My wizard is almost to 202 ranks of elemental lores and I am curious how other people have set up their lores. Right now I am:

Air: 55
    Mostly for 535 RT reduction, 518 air bolt, the chance to auto channel with 515 (imho this is underrated), and 410/435 on flyers. Bigger disk, better 506, and faster familiar travel time are cool but not significant reasons to train this to me.

Water: 56
    Primarily for faster enchanting and extra bolt spell option unlocks, but also nice for extra 512 targets/shatter chance, and extra 917 damage. The DF increases from lores are not worth targeting imho, but this affects the most spells for that.

Earth: 40
    Increase 550 to 2x/day, but I almost never use it more than once per day so meh. I have thought about going to 60 ranks for 30 second 950 cooldown, but I very rarely try to use that more than once per minute.

Fire: 40
    I got 20 for steam bolt, then started to get some more ranks for 513/950 AS/CS bonuses, but this benefit seems kind of pointless. Worthless for 917 most of the time unless I invest more than in water lore, which seems unlikely. I am probably going to drop this back down to the min for steam bolt.

In general, I think that splitting lores out mostly evenly nets the best return because of the seed summation system, but there are definitely some discrete breakpoints worth targeting for some of the lores. I am really underwhelmed with Earth and especially Fire lore, but I know a lot of people really like them so curious to understand the thought process for people who invested heavily in those.
    How often do you actually use Shatter? Just the setup time and mana cost alone of casting 2x 512 and then having to CHANNEL 505/510/minor cold and hope for a rank 5+ crit is ridiculous for what’s usually garbage results compared to nearly every other option. And with 56 ranks, you still have roughly a 50% chance of it still not happening. Anytime I’ve ever messed with it it was extraordinarily not worth the trouble.

512 shatter is one of those things that could have been really great, but Simu fucked it up massively with insane lore, setup, time, and mana requirements, and despite multiple pleas to loosen up on it, Estild refuses because he’s fucking retarded.

I’m curious on average how many times per day a shatter is done in game. Probably less than 10, with many days being 0. Just like half of our other useless spells like 915.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-14-2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Familiar Gate (930)

Upon achieving 75 ranks of Elemental Lore, Water, casters with familiars will have access to a new TELL command: Travel. This command will allow the caster to specify a nearby town that is within the teleportation realm and order the familiar to travel to that town. Upon arrival (travel time length is determined by Elemental Lore: Air), the familiar will seek out a point of wizardly interest (if available) and rest there from their journey. Due to the distance, the caster cannot issue any further commands to the familiar (beyond severing the connection on their end by issuing a LEAVE command) but can attempt to open a Familiar Gate to it. The caster has 10 minutes from issuing the TRAVEL command to do so and if they fail to arrive in the familiar's realm within that time period, the familiar will automatically return to the wizard.

Upon reading that change, i think i need a few more water ranks.
    Last edited by Roiken; 04-14-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Elemental Lore - Air...............| 155 55
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 157 57
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 150 50
    Elemental Lore - Water.............| 150 50

I have items that take air lore to 60 for more haste fun and I have earth lore items that take earth lore to 60 for double 950. Water lore is mostly for mana and I use the fam anchor in SoS. i don't really miss the extra fire lore ranks but I mostly just hunt with rapid fire steam and 917 in plane 4/scatter.

Elemental Lore - Air...............| 160 60
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 160 60

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    How often do you actually use Shatter? Just the setup time and mana cost alone of casting 2x 512 and then having to CHANNEL 505/510/minor cold and hope for a rank 5+ crit is ridiculous for what’s usually garbage results compared to nearly every other option. And with 56 ranks, you still have roughly a 50% chance of it still not happening. Anytime I’ve ever messed with it it was extraordinarily not worth the trouble.

512 shatter is one of those things that could have been really great, but Simu fucked it up massively with insane lore, setup, time, and mana requirements, and despite multiple pleas to loosen up on it, Estild refuses because he’s fucking retarded.

I’m curious on average how many times per day a shatter is done in game. Probably less than 10, with many days being 0. Just like half of our other useless spells like 915.
    I pretty much only see it happen in Reim. There are usually at least two wizards casting cold snap, so anything that survives the initial onslaught is almost always encased. I don't ever channel on purpose because of the 3 second hard RT, but if I get an autochannel proc from 515, my 518 air bolt triggers it sometimes. If 950 didn't exist, I guess that 512x2 + a few 518 air bolts could be a good swarm strat for non-corp stuff, but I don't ever go for it intentionally as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Interesting timing on this topic, I recently post my feelings on the gs4 forums. I will lean toward balance until a lore gets a power worth a fixskill. The 930 change is not worth 75 water:

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...=5435&page=250

I think wizard lore benefits are currently well balanced i.e.:

Elemental Lore - Air...............| 160 60
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 140 40

With this setup Askip is getting 90% of the benefits of all four (I just made that number up but there are few major plateaus unreached).

I appreciate the balance.

I would hope that fifty ranks of anything, be it lore or spell, would suffice.

Then again I feel the same for flares too, and they are not "learnable" as are spells and lores.

Please rethink the 75 water ranks.

air = 22
    earth = 50
    fire = 20
    water = 110

This is what I actually have: currently working on bringing up Earth lore to at least 25 ranks

Elemental Lore - Air...............| 155 55 RT/Disk/Blur breakpoint
    Elemental Lore - Earth.............| 82 18 25 ranks for slot machine fails
    Elemental Lore - Fire..............| 120 30 +5 AS for 513; makes for nicer numbers
    Elemental Lore - Water.............| 145 45 Mostly to knock out the 100 lore ranks for increased DF to 901/910
    Last edited by Red; 04-16-2018 at 09:35 PM.