Thread: Enchanting blackened material

Default Enchanting blackened material

Edited to add:
    As it turns out, this was a dumb question. Error had nothing to do with the material.

Hi, all,

Still new to enchanting, so apologies if this is a dumb question. I bought a 5x greatshield with plans to enchant it. But the dirtokh potion is evaportaing without effect:

You pour your potion on the greatshield.
    The liquid bubbles slightly as it touches the surface of the spiked rolaren greatshield, but then merely evaporates without effect.
    You have 3 doses left.

I noticed the description (not in the auction listing, but whatevs, buyer beware, etc. etc.) includes "blackened." Is this still enchantable? Do I need a special potion for "blackened" equipment?

Any help appreciated, thanks.
    Last edited by JNewhall; 04-14-2018 at 09:36 AM.

Blackened used to happen if you really borked an enchant (cursed and like a neg 2x enchant or something rough) it could then be uncursed and enchanted back up with no addition issues other than having to put it all back together. A friend of mine is swinging my old perfect blackened vultite falchion. Also could probably be an alter. Unless the material itself is something strange, you should be good.

I don't know much about enchanting, but could it be a bless getting in the way?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

I'll leave this up there for posterity but suffice to say I have since figured out that error was between keyboard and chair (i.e. I am a dummy).

Thanks for the advice!