Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *BREAKING NEWS* Billy Mitchell's Donkey Kong high scores have been STRIPPED

Default *BREAKING NEWS* Billy Mitchell's Donkey Kong high scores have been STRIPPED

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/...le-1202751358/

Also, King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters appreciation post.

Discuss.

Blog Entries

There's a Sean joke in here somewhere...

Who cares? Retarded thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Who cares? Retarded thread.
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

This actually interests me, mostly because he got these so called scores at an arcade quite near me, I had read his and the oppositions stories for some reason years ago, it was quite weird, who would have thought of a plot to conspire to get video game high scores.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

because you can mod an emulator, not to mention play in a more comfortable position etc etc. If you read the stories, he did all kinds of dirty stuff behind the scenes to harm other people and the group that keeps the records
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Offtopic Folder View Post
    Can anyone exactly tell me what he did to cheat? He apparently used an emulator instead of a genuine original arcade machine but why would that be considered cheating? I read the article but just didn't see how it would be so damning to warrant a complete expulsion from competing ever again.
    The record is based on a single, uninterrupted run. An emulator can allow you to use savestates and splice different runs together.

Also, Todd Rogers was stripped of a lot of his records as he and Billy Mitchell were pretty much equally shady.

https://kotaku.com/guinness-official...rds-1822568394

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    who would have thought of a plot to conspire to get video game high scores.
    Video games are serious business.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.