Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Teleportation Changes Phase 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aluvius View Post
    I forced myself to slowly read the OP without skipping ahead to see if 930 was changed ... but while reading I actually snorted out loud when I thought that if 930 was updated, then there would be ridiculous lore requirements for it.

Am I psychic? Maybe I should turn myself in to Psi Corp for everyone's safety.

Also, I'm glad to see HSN Year Three continuing strong.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Turns out none of this is even "real" cross realm. I interpreted "teleportation zone" as any room a gold ring works in. i.e. Can teleport from Teras to Landing, but not Icemule to Rift, since gold rings don't work in the Rift. But instead it's just a fancy looking way to use your teleport spells in place of a gold ring, while still requiring a gold ring in order to not have a massive failure rate.

Testing 930 just now, sending a familiar from Landing to Icemule with 0 air lore took about 2.5 minutes. Tested it again sending the familiar from Icemule to Landing, and in the time it took to get there, I was able to run halfway to the Landing, turn around and run back to help someone I passed who got stunned from bandits, slip and fall a couple times on the way there, help bandit guy out, start running back to the Landing, turn around and run back to drop bandit hunter off in the room I found him in because I forgot to disband, run back to the Landing, and then get about 3/4 of the way back to Icemule before getting the message that my familiar reached the Landing.

And here's the best part:

>peer mist

[Assuming you mean an unstable shifting portal.]

You peer into the hazy depths of the shifting portal, and the shifting essence within quickly clears.

[Wizard Guild, Courtyard - 2300]
    A large courtyard of lush green grass surrounds the guild. The sweet scent of twisted rose bushes mingles with the fresh air. A dark glistening obelisk rests upon a pedestal in the center of the courtyard and a few benches line the south wall of the guild fortifications. You also see an unstable shifting portal, a great white wolf that is sleeping, some large ironbound monir doors, a broad ornamental archway and a mithril portcullis.
    Obvious paths: none

>go mist

[Assuming you mean an unstable shifting portal.]
    The portal flickers as you approach, some force keeping you from entering.

My wizard guild membership is active.

What a let down. I had really high hopes for Phase 2 too. The world changes are good (boat, ferryman, boot, etc.) but the spell changes, I don't get why they even spent the time and resources coding it when gold rings and ;go2 are still better, at least for 930, and with 0 lore requirements.
    I pooped my pants thinking the same thing but all this means is that teleportation spells are just expanded in the zone you are in. Oh well, in general this is a good change.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    Holy shit, can I 1620 someone from Illistim to Landing?
    Another interesting thought with 1620.. with 40 ranks summoning lore.. you could conceivably if you die get a free trip out of it to other cities if your anchor is in the Town Centers...

Die in Darkstone?

Self-teleport to Solhaven or Icemule Trace if you want.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post
    Another interesting thought with 1620.. with 40 ranks summoning lore.. you could conceivably if you die get a free trip out of it to other cities if your anchor is in the Town Centers...

Die in Darkstone?

You use beseech to use this while dead though, which probably defaults to cast rather than evoke. I guess you could try putting a town target after beseech.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Shaps View Post

Die in Darkstone?

I don't think it'll work that way, though, since the 1620'ing corpses to specific towns requires an 'EVOKE -character- -town-', whereas when the paladin is dead and 1620's themselves, it uses BESEECH... has a dead paladin tried to BESEECH to a specific town yet?
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm currently 137 fire/60 earth/5 water.

The best I can squeeze out without gimping pretty much everything is 60 earth/20 fire/122 water
    No wonder you cry so much about the lore situation with the choices you have made. Why do you have such a hard on for earth and fire lore? I am guessing you have 60 earth ranks for the knockdown damage on 917? Since a lot of benefits kick in at 50 ranks and very little after that, I don't see the point in going beyond 50 for Earth. Fire lore is the worst lore and it is crazytown to have 137 ranks of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

7. Default

Great changes, especially the boot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    No wonder you cry so much about the lore situation with the choices you have made. Why do you have such a hard on for earth and fire lore? I am guessing you have 60 earth ranks for the knockdown damage on 917? Since a lot of benefits kick in at 50 ranks and very little after that, I don't see the point in going beyond 50 for Earth. Fire lore is the worst lore and it is crazytown to have 137 ranks of it.
    60 ranks of earth lore is for a second use of 950 per minute.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    The Boot is back?! Hahahah WOW the RR Purist snowflakes are going to be SO MAD. I love it.
    You'd have to be a really selfsh hermit to mad about that, I spent most of March in River's rest and that place is a ghost town it needs people there to bring it to life.
    Last edited by Winter; 04-12-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Fire lore gives a huge AS/CS bonus to 950, AS bonus to 513, double fire strikes on 917, an extra cast of 415 if there’s a 2nd target in the room, bonus to Immolate though that isn’t really shit anymore, a bunch of other combat benefits that you don’t get from other lores, etc.

917 wasn’t a factor for picking up earth lore, but is still good to have vs. targets you can’t stun or knock down.

60 earth lore halves the cooldown of 950 from 1 min to 30 seconds. How do you play a wizard and not know this?

Water lore is mostly useless for combat, and air lore doesn’t offer anything combat related that I need unless you count less RT on foraging bounties, and what, Sandstorm builds up faster? As if anyone gives a fuck about that pile of shit spell.

My problem with lores is they have high lore requirements scattered all over the place for mostly stupid meh effects, and being the only pure class with a 4-way lore split while other pures have a 3-way split and typically much lower lore thresholds for benefits that are usually worth training for. It’s not about having a hardon for fire lore so much as the other lores still offer less. The only hardon here is the ongoing one you’ve had for me.

But feel free to share your wisdom on how I should be training my lores and why. You’re clearly very knowledgeable on things like earth lore.

https://gswiki.play.net/Elemental_Lore,_Fire
    https://gswiki.play.net/Elemental_Lore,_Earth
    https://gswiki.play.net/Elemental_Lore,_Water
    https://gswiki.play.net/Elemental_Lore,_Air
    Last edited by Methais; 04-12-2018 at 03:57 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible