Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Teleportation Changes Phase 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    What's especially dumb about the water lore requirements is the fact that it's not consistent with the time-oriented aspects of 535, 540, 550 (I'm assuming that the CHRONOmage has something to do with time, eh?). If water lore had something to do with controlling the flow of time, then why the hell isn't it a requirement to speed up, reverse, or stop time in any of those three spells?
    NEW RELEASE! Elemental Lore: Time!
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    What's especially dumb about the water lore requirements is the fact that it's not consistent with the time-oriented aspects of 535, 540, 550 (I'm assuming that the CHRONOmage has something to do with time, eh?). If water lore had something to do with controlling the flow of time, then why the hell isn't it a requirement to speed up, reverse, or stop time in any of those three spells?
    Simu doesn't think about things like that. They literally slap this shit onto things to try and force wizards to train water lore because hardly anyone trains for it outside of enchanting. And before enchanting almost no one picked up water lore for anything.

There shouldn't be a lore requirement at all, but air lore would make 958327904x more sense than water for 930 for the reasons you mentioned. But a lot of wizards already train in air lore for other more useful things and still aren't training water lore for shit other than enchanting.

TLDR: Simu's solution to a problem that exists due to their own shitty game design ideas is to add more shitty game design ideas.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

3. Default

time flowing like a river -> water lore?
    The enhancive king of chicago

I think they've heard the complaints about water lore and have decided to use it for anything new. Which ends up being terrible design, although it would be mostly mitigated by giving wizard spells a base chance for new functionality ... like most other spell lists.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    time flowing like a river -> water lore?
    No, the arrow of time. Teleportation now requires ranged weapon use.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Itíd be nice if they allowed for more lore ranks to be gained through means other than direct skill training. Have wizard attunement give a specific lore increase, have 450 or some other high spell slot give bonus ranks, allow post-cap training beyond 202 at an extremely high cost, have it be an innate ability of Wizards to temp gain pseudo-ranks like the stamina burst system, etc.

There are plenty of ways they could allow for the temporary enhancement of Elemental Lore ranks so that the bonuses arenít permanent, but enough to hit thresholds for occasional one-off uses.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    It’d be nice if they allowed for more lore ranks to be gained through means other than direct skill training. Have wizard attunement give a specific lore increase, have 450 or some other high spell slot give bonus ranks, allow post-cap training beyond 202 at an extremely high cost, have it be an innate ability of Wizards to temp gain pseudo-ranks like the stamina burst system, etc.

There are plenty of ways they could allow for the temporary enhancement of Elemental Lore ranks so that the bonuses aren’t permanent, but enough to hit thresholds for occasional one-off uses.
    I suggested having attunement give phantom ranks in that lore, and Estild promptly shit all over it.

Because things like being a mage attuned to fire who can’t use fire spells worth a shit because he had to train in water lore to be able to teleport makes sense.
    Last edited by Methais; 04-14-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    The phantom ranks for attunement is not a bad idea but then again it’s Estild. Estild shits on every spell that gets churned out that’s his job. But if you’ve been noticing the classes with gurus who have more charisma or coding ability get a better leniency by Estild on their spells. at least imho.
    Estild needs to just have nothing to do with wizards. He did a great job with the spirit lore review, and has been shitting all over wizards ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I suggested having attunement give phantom ranks in that lore, and Estild promptly shit all over it.

Because things like being a mage attuned to fire who canít use fire spells worth a shit because he had to train in water lore to be able to teleport makes sense.
    That would be nice, being attuned gives you 1.5 or 2x the amount of lore you trained.
    If you shoot for the stars you will burn up in the atmosphere

Quote Originally Posted by gswiki.play.net
    Wizards are one of four pure professions in GemStone, and are considered to be masters of the sphere of *WATER magic.
    *edited for clarity.