Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Teleportation Changes Phase 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Official: Teleportation Changes Phase 2

Teleport Updates

We have completed the second part of the previously announced teleport changes (Phase 2). The original announcement for Phase 1 can be found here: http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/2285/view/2135

This update affects travel mechanics, non-Chronomage teleportation items, and teleportation spells. Non-Chronomage magic can now take illicit advantage of the Chronomage's time tunnels. However, be warned, for the Chronomages do not take unauthorized intrusions into their time tunnels lightly and will actively attempt to intercept any intruders into their teleportation network. With some skill and luck though, teleportation spells and items should reach much further than before.

The specific details for the various teleport and travel changes are as follows:

Travel Mechanics

Glaesen Star (Wehnimer's Landing/Teras)

The Glaesen will now depart from each port every 30 minutes (was previously every 60 minutes).

Smuggler's Cutter (Solhaven/River's Rest)

Ticket prices have been reduced to a flat 1,000 silvers (500 for River's Rest citizens).

The Boot (Wehnimer's Landing/River's Rest)

The boot returns! The old boot/log teleportation mechanic to River's Rest has been restored. Dropping a crystal amulet in either receptacle will again transport characters between the towns. River's Rest citizens may substitute a piece of driftwood purchasable from the River's Rest General Store.

Locksmehr River Ferry (Wehnimer's Landing/Zul Logoth)

Ticket prices have been reduced to 100 silver. The ferry will now depart from either side every 2 minutes (1 minute travel time/1 minute docking time). The ferryman will continue to take the occasional lunch break, but will return if 500 silvers is placed in his offering bowl.

Lake of Fear Ferry (Illistim/Vaalor)

Will be updated as part of a future event (similar cost and travel time reductions as to the Locksmehr River Ferry).

Non-Chronomage Teleportation Items

In Phase 1, gold rings and related Chronomage-related teleportation items were expanded to allow teleportation within the newly created teleportation zones. Phase 2 has expanded this functionality to all similar non-Chronomage teleportation items, though with a chance for Chronomage interception. In order for an item to be included in this update, it must either mimic the function of a gold ring by allowing a player to set desired teleportation destination that can be later teleported to, have a single fixed teleportation destination (this excludes the various "realm return" teleportation items, which have a different teleportation destination room depending on where they are activated), or be a "summoning item" (where the item can summon another character). The item must also have no prior inter-realm teleportation capability (existing inter-realm mechanics will remain unchanged). It is possible that we've missed some items, so if you possess an item that appears not have been updated and you believe that it should be, please use the BUGITEM command to report it for review.

Items that have been updated as a part of this will retain all their current "same realm" teleportation mechanics unchanged. The only portion of the item's functionality that will change is that it will now be possible to use the item to move between realms that are within a teleportation zone. Those types of teleports (and only those types of teleports) will be subject to the standard Chronomage interception chance (aka the same chance that a standard gold ring has to be intercepted). Again, I would like to stress that any previously existing teleportation mechanics that the item possesses will remain unchanged, and the interception chance will only apply to the newly possible longer range teleports.

Interception by the Chronomages will result in the standard confiscation of in-pocket silver and a failure to reach the desired location, but will not result in the item's confiscation. Instead, the player will be temporarily "Chrono-locked" for 15 minutes, making them unable to illicitly access the time tunnels during that time (access via gold rings will still be permissible during a Chrono-lock).

Teleportation Spells

The following spells have been opened up to work between realms and within teleportation zones. As with items, current teleportation functionality will remain the same, and any Chronomage interception chances will only be applied to teleportation attempts within the newly possible longer range teleports. Some spells can work in conjunction with a gold ring. If so, you must be holding or wearing the gold ring directly upon your person when you teleport. If you are storing your gold ring inside a container (including a gold ring holder), you must first remove it from the container in order for it to be used in this manner.

Transference (225)

Casters of this spell may now target characters who are outside the caster's realm but still within a teleportation zone. The cast is subject to interception by the Chronomages. If the caster is bearing a standard gold ring, then the default gold ring interception mechanics will be applied (same base interception chance, with the standard confiscation of the ring and in-pocket silvers and a failure to reach the desired destination if caught). If the caster is not using a gold ring, then the default interception chance is 80%, minus 1% per 2 ranks of Spirit Lore: Blessings beyond 75 ranks (to a minimum interception chance of 5%). Casters not using a gold ring will additionally be Chrono-locked (see above) upon interception.

Holy Receptacle (325)

Nexus gems (Tier 3) can now be set to realms that are further than adjacent but still within a teleportation zone. Similar to Transference (225), if the user of the gem is bearing a standard gold ring, then the default gold ring interception mechanics will be applied. If the caster is not using a gold ring, then the default interception chance is 80%, minus 1% per 2 ranks of Spirit Lore: Religion beyond 75 ranks (to a minimum of 5%). Casters not using a gold ring will additionally be Chrono-locked (see above) upon interception. In either case, only the cleric rubbing the gem will be intercepted on a failure and the remaining group members will simply fail to teleport.

Planar Shift (740)

Upon achieving 75 ranks of Sorcerous Lore, Demonology, casters will be able to treat all teleportation destinations within a teleportation zone like a same-realm destination (including snap cast eligibility and the ability to use rough chalk). If using a rough chalk teleportation circle for these types of teleports, then a 33% penalty to the success chance of creating a portal will be applied. Every 3 ranks of Sorcerous Lore, Demonology beyond 75 ranks will reduce this penalty by 1% (to a minimum of zero). Casters of this spell will find that the Chronomages remain utterly baffled by planar travel and are unable to intercept any cast of it.

Familiar Gate (930)

Upon achieving 75 ranks of Elemental Lore, Water, casters with familiars will have access to a new TELL command: Travel. This command will allow the caster to specify a nearby town that is within the teleportation realm and order the familiar to travel to that town. Upon arrival (travel time length is determined by Elemental Lore: Air), the familiar will seek out a point of wizardly interest (if available) and rest there from their journey. Due to the distance, the caster cannot issue any further commands to the familiar (beyond severing the connection on their end by issuing a LEAVE command) but can attempt to open a Familiar Gate to it. The caster has 10 minutes from issuing the TRAVEL command to do so and if they fail to arrive in the familiar's realm within that time period, the familiar will automatically return to the wizard.

Opening a portal to another realm is more difficult -- a 33% penalty to the success chance of creating a portal will be applied. Every 3 ranks of Elemental Lore: Water beyond 75 ranks will reduce this penalty by 1% (to a minimum of zero). If successful, the portal will be visibly unstable. All living people passing through must do so one at a time and are each subject individually to a Chronomage interception chance. Those bearing a gold ring will be subject to the standard Chronomage interception chance. For those not bearing a gold ring, then the default interception chance is 80%, minus 1% per 2 ranks beyond 75 ranks of the caster's Elemental Lore: Water (to a minimum of 5%). Anyone who is intercepted without a standard gold ring will additionally be Chrono-locked (see above). Chronomages take pity on any dead bodies passing through and will allow them to reach their destination unmolested (but may still intercept the dragger).

Traveler's Song (1020)

If the caster's anchor point is in another realm but still within a teleport zone, then it will now be possible to teleport to that anchor point. Similar to Transference (225), if the caster is bearing a standard gold ring, then the default gold ring interception mechanics will be applied. If the caster is not using a gold ring, then the default interception chance is 80%, minus 1% per 2 ranks of Elemental Lore: Air beyond 75 ranks (to a minimum of 5%). Casters not using a gold ring will additionally be Chorno-locked (see above) upon interception. In either case, only the caster will be intercepted on a failure and the remaining group members will simply fail to teleport.

Aid the Fallen (1620)

Casters can now get a vision of all their established anchor points within their current teleportation zone by casting the spell upon themselves. They are also now able to EVOKE the target of their spell to any anchor point of their choosing within the teleportation zone. The syntax for this is EVOKE [target player] [target town]. No extra training is required to unlock this functionality, as the Chronomages take pity upon the dead and will allow them to pass freely.

Coase

This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, General Discussion about Gemstone IV. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/2285/view/3401

Cross realm 930 though...

Last edited by Methais; 04-11-2018 at 11:03 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

The Boot is back?! Hahahah WOW the RR Purist snowflakes are going to be SO MAD. I love it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    The Boot is back?! Hahahah WOW the RR Purist snowflakes are going to be SO MAD. I love it.
    LET THE GENTRIFICATION BEGIN
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    You'd have to be a really selfsh hermit to mad about that, I spent most of March in River's rest and that place is a ghost town it needs people there to bring it to life.
    Last edited by Winter; 04-12-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The Glaesen will now depart from each port every 30 minutes (was previously every 60 minutes).
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Ticket prices have been reduced to a flat 1,000 silvers (500 for River's Rest citizens).
    ( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ )

The boot returns! The old boot/log teleportation mechanic to River's Rest has been restored. Dropping a crystal amulet in either receptacle will again transport characters between the towns. River's Rest citizens may substitute a piece of driftwood purchasable from the River's Rest General Store.
    ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ)

Ticket prices have been reduced to 100 silver. The ferry will now depart from either side every 2 minutes (1 minute travel time/1 minute docking time). The ferryman will continue to take the occasional lunch break, but will return if 500 silvers is placed in his offering bowl.
    (☭ ͜ʖ ☭)
    Last edited by Taernath; 04-11-2018 at 11:16 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

One person on the officials already crying about RR being back to an extension of the landing. I'm glad of it.
    Last edited by audioserf; 04-11-2018 at 11:26 AM.

still have to take the boat back right? or chronomage

Quote Originally Posted by beldannon5 View Post
    still have to take the boat back right? or chronomage
    Nope, log is back too: The boot returns! The old boot/log teleportation mechanic to River's Rest has been restored. Dropping a crystal amulet in either receptacle will again transport characters between the towns. River's Rest citizens may substitute a piece of driftwood purchasable from the River's Rest General Store.

i don't see that post on the officials, maybe i am in the wrong category

Blog Entries

The boot being back is fucking gay.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam