Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Fresh out of College. Working 6 times a day in a minimum wage job. Take a guess.

I play the game to enjoy and relax, but everytime I log in I am met with stares and glances and Verbally assaulted both IC and OOC.
    None of this story holds up...

It would be highly unlikely that a college graduate would act like this AND not understand why it's unacceptable behavior. Unless you are talking about some online community college for retards.

You work 6 times a day? What the fuck? Get a new job.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

I don't know how many times we have to say this Hlendril. You have to be prepared for consequences to your RP. If you show up at a fancy schmancy banquet, start stabbing yourself, waving claidhs around, and threatening and insulting the hosts/guests, it's really a testament to Kenstrom et al.'s restraint not to just either vaporize you or lock you out of the room. It's a testament to the -players- that some still try to help you out IG.

Stop trying to make yourself the star of the show. Stop being so disruptive. If you can't, GS roleplay is really not for you.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I know people have tried to explain this to you before, but I'm not going to forgive myself until I give it a good and honest shot. Roleplay is playing a character. This means you attempt to take on your character's persona and act as they would. It means you theoretically throw out any of your own personal views, values, opinions, considerations, etc when you are "in-character".

Roleplay is meant to be a series of actions and reactions in a group setting. This means that when you act, everyone else being in-character is meant to react to you the way they believe their character would. One time Maylan showed up to the Mayor's office, brandished a sword, and tried to mug the crowd. In response, she was put in the stocks, tarred, and feathered. Does this sound familiar? The difference is, I was having fun through the whole experience, and I hope others were too.

Another example - the character Hapenlok played out a scenario where a witch was controlling him and using him as a puppet. In response, the character Hapenlok thought it best to remove himself from groups when he felt he was a threat. This means that the PLAYER had to follow-through with his roleplay decision and not participate in some events.

Or, a friend played through a scenario where they temporarily lost their magical powers. In response, they went a couple months without casting a single spell even though they are a wizard.

Similarly - if your character loathes imperials, don't show up at an imperial dinner.

Roleplay choices have consequences. The consequences are meant to be part of the fun, they are not meant to offend you the player. Many PLAYERS in the Landing get along, but their characters are at odds. When roleplay is done well, CHARACTERS can argue, spit at each other, hate each other, duel, and throw mud. All the while the PLAYERS are actually friends and are mutually enjoying the experience. This is the difference between IC (in-character) and OOC (out-of-character). Holding this distinction is a crucial component to your enjoyment of the Gemstone experience. If you can't hold this distinction, you're going to have a bad time.

Sometimes when you see a PLAYER posting on a board, it is OOC. This includes these forums, any channel on LNET, Discord - pretty much any forum that is not the game itself, with a couple of exceptions. I'm posting on a board right now as myself, not as the character Maylan. You are not supposed to carry ANY interactions from an OOC board in-game. In the game universe, these interactions never happened. LNET doesn't exist in the world of gemstone, just as cell phones, cars, and computers don't exist in the world of gemstone. Even making mention of them in-game is a faux pas.

You seem to get personally offended when other characters react in a rational manner to your character. You're not supposed to get offended - this is them playing along with you. You have to imagine - "How might Baron Breshon react if my character takes out a sword at his dinner table? Would he pat my character on the back? Would he have a good chuckle? Or would he be grossly offended?"

The other advice I have for you is to look deeper into your character. You don't have to be a one-note guy, yelling your hatred towards Imperials at every single interaction. Surely there are other elements to Hlendril. What is his background? Has he ever been in love? What are his motivations and fears? Adding layers to your character will make him more well-rounded and complex, more like a real person. You don't always have to reveal your viewpoints upon first meeting someone. You can let them unfold in a natural progression, just as they would in real life as you are getting to know any brand new person. Try filling out a roleplay character sheet, or using this template as a guide: https://gswiki.play.net/Template:Characterprofile

Finally, remember that GM-led storyline events are always a group dynamic. If you find yourself taking center stage at every event, you are likely being disruptive. Consider instead WHY the group is gathered. Last night we were meant to discuss a cure for a child suffering a terrible age and memory affliction. Basically, we had more important things to deal with than Hlendril's hatred of the Empire. If your character has something to contribute to the goal of the event, please do. If you want to roleplay a dissenter, by all means please do - just remember that people's characters will react to dissenters accordingly, just as they would in real life.

Does this make sense? This is my attempt to help you understand Gemstone culture and why you find yourself clashing - take it or leave it, that's up to you.

Ok I’m all caught up now...

I just went ballistic. I couldn't help myself after storing all that anger in. I`m sorry.

Im not too good at this. No one cares about me anymore. Everyone just wants me dead. Maybe thats what they want.
    If you think that emo bullshit is going to gain you sympathy or do anything other than make your situation worse, you’re as wrong as wrong can possibly get. Even more wrong than one half of the politics folder thinks the other half is.

Why do people keep telling me to make a new Character when people know how to spot someone's toon? And god your suggested ending is depressing ad fuck.
    Isnt Gemstone the #1 Paranoia simulator? People now have to assume all new characters are me, which just makesmy chance to interact diminished.
    People only know how to spot someone’s alts when the player makes it obvious who is behind the character, which means they’re not RPing a different character, they’re just logged in with a different character.

My life in this game has just been down the Crapper ever since. People used to like me when I was new. I wanted to leave peer preassure is preventing me.
    The peer pressure thing doesn’t make any sense, but ok I guess. You can’t say you weren’t given a fair shot, because you were received rather well on here when you first showed up, right up until you started blowing up events with your self centered nonsense and tantrums.

How come Crux can act so Shadow the Hedgehog edgy but get away with it but when I do Im squelched?
    I can’t think of any good analogies. But I’ll try anyway...

You = bashing boxes
    Crux = picking boxes

You = run out and club someone to death splattering brains everywhere in plain view of everyone and then can’t understand why you got caught

Crux = already gone from the area before anyone including the victim realizes anything even happened

I don’t really know Crux, but this is probably fairly accurate based on others’ feedback.

This is getting too personal.

I was just looking at a pattern. All prominent RPers have one thing in Common: They are Premium/Plat subs. Which made me think you can be anything you wanted as long as you Give Wyrom and his son Kenstrom 1000 dollars in Summit Accademy. Like what Crux did.
    You seem to think I do pretty well. I’ve been a Basic subscriber since 1997, and have attended 2 pay events in that time, both before Simucoins existed (Hunt for History 2 in I think ‘02 which was total garbage, and RtCF in I think 2014). Simu barely makes shit off of me. I make way more off this game than the game makes off of me. According to your logic, Simu should hate me and be a dick to me at every opportunity, right?

I thought PC users hate Wyrom and Ken. Or Simu in General.
    Most of us hate the way Simu operates, which predates Wyrom by a couple of decades. There are people who dislike Wyrom, but overall he’s pretty well liked by the community.

I’ve never heard of anyone ever having a problem with Kenstrom in any situation ever. Except you.

Your biggest problem, other than the super annoying and disruptive way you conduct yourself, is that you take every negative response personally and consistently blur the lines between characters and the players behind them.

I called someone a retard on LNet the other day. I spelled him/her up in TSC later and they blurted out something like, “Does this mean I’m not a retard anymore?” I tried to play it off like I didn’t know what they were talking about, and they were totally clueless about LNet being OOC and separate from anything in game. Then I went afk before I got to spell it out for them, so they’re still probably clueless about it.

You respond similarly when people respond IC to your disruptive “RP.”
    Last edited by Methais; 08-19-2018 at 12:03 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

If you think we hate Wyrom, you would think we want to murder the PM we had before him.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Maylan View Post
    Roleplay choices have consequences.

Does this make sense? This is my attempt to help you understand Gemstone culture and why you find yourself clashing - take it or leave it, that's up to you.

Hlendril, you have clearly been given so much good advice by people both in game and here. I’ve actually been amazed how tolerant and constructive the PC community has been with you. Please read Maylan’s very eloquent post carefully and take on board everything she has said for your own sake and that of the playerbase around you that you so desperately wish to feel a part of.

Until you understand that your roleplay has consequences, you will never fully understand the best part of Gemstone. You have obviously opted to play a rather difficult character and that takes skill. He is never going to be accepted with open arms and be included in everything: that’s something you have to accept and roll with. Taking it OOC and blaming other people for their roleplay choices is never going to win support. Even playing a lawfully good character like Rohese has consequences. There have been many incidents and events in the game that I chose not to participate in because of my RP choices; therein lies the challenge of playing a character with some depth and not a bot.

Anyway, I repeat, re-read Maylan’s post and think on it. I wish you well and hope you find an acceptable roleplay niche for all concerned.
    Last edited by Elvenlady; 08-19-2018 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Grammar is hard
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You can go ahead and fuck off too.
    Seriously, go troll elsewhere.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Seriously, go troll elsewhere.
    Go threaten to sue people and get them fired from their job elsewhere. You are human garbage.
    Last edited by Gelston; 08-19-2018 at 12:27 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maylan View Post
    Another example - the character Hapenlok played out a scenario where a witch was controlling him and using him as a puppet. In response, the character Hapenlok thought it best to remove himself from groups when he felt he was a threat. This means that the PLAYER had to follow-through with his roleplay decision and not participate in some events.

Or, a friend played through a scenario where they temporarily lost their magical powers. In response, they went a couple months without casting a single spell even though they are a wizard.

Similarly - if your character loathes imperials, don't show up at an imperial dinner.
    This is a great point.

First, ask yourself if your character would even want to be there. I have characters who are outlaws that avoid Imperial law - they wouldn't show up to a banquet with nobility. That's not to say they CAN'T, just that I as the player need to come up with a reason or way for them to be there. Maybe they're looking for information and are in disguise, taking a passive role observing stuff. The last thing they would want to do is draw attention to themselves.

Second, ask yourself if your character's mere presence would be disruptive. Let's say that same outlaw character I have really, really hates Praxopius. My character would deliver an epic and witty speech, then try to kill him. I as the player need to recognize that not everyone at this event is there for me to play out my own personal storyline, they're there to maybe listen to what Praxopius has to say, watch the main storyline advance, banter, etc. I need to put my RP on the back burner, so everyone else can have a good time. So I don't show up with that outlaw character, but maybe instead with another one that wouldn't hog the spotlight so much.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Praxopius sounds like an ED med, btw.