Thread: Kenstrom

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgar View Post
    Riend, you’re actually a decent RPer I grant you that. So is Dirvy and Crux to a certain extent. Kenstrom is just powermad you can see it in the type of storylines he writes.
    LOL, I'm deffo not on his "go-to" list.... possibly because I don't/can't make his hours anymore, maybe for other reasons. Who knows! Kenstrom is not powermad. Is he perfect? Nope. But I'd challenge you to write a storyline that will be inclusive to 100+ people and allow it to morph, live and breath and let go when the players take something and run it off the rails of what you planned.

It's not a perfect system by any means, but don't shit on the one GM who has been actively pushing storylines almost non-stop for 5+ years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    I mean, things definitely aren't perfect. I have a certain friend who's constantly at KST who feels unrecognized and I never really know what to tell them other than "send a backstory/character profile to Kenstrom and see what happens," because at least by all appearances this friend looks like they're doing everything right (in fact, I think this person is way better at participating than me) but still the NPCs rarely respond.

But that's still only one person. Everybody else who I know wants to be involved is involved, plus many people who didn't specifically try to get involved but have been pulled in anyway--sometimes for reasons they can't even figure out.

I also bet my friend would be stoked to get the level of attention that Hlendril does actually get, like all the things I mentioned earlier. That's what makes this whole conversation so sad to me.
    This is rough, and I've totally been there as well... it's not a fun place to be at. But definitely, I'd see if they'd be willing to be a little more active on the forums, and just keep plugging away and keeping up the good fight. Good things come to those who wait, or something. Also, are they trying to get involved with the characters involved in all the shenanigans?! I hope so!
    Last edited by Jhynnifer; 05-21-2018 at 08:31 PM.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."