Page 25 of 54 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenstrom

But yeah....

Judge Renpaw just arrived.

Renpaw nods.

Renpaw says, "Hello hello there whippersnappers."

Speaking to Renpaw, Hlendril says, "Hello there sorry excuse of a judge who looks like a crossbreed between a Kobold and a Rolton."

Suddenly, a pair of lawmen come striding in. They wrestle Hlendril to the ground and drag him off, muttering something about the stocks!

Renpaw says, "How dare he compare me to his mother."

Renpaw says, "I have two things to cover."

Renpaw says, "First..."

How the fuck did you expect him to respond? Like this?

Last edited by Methais; 05-22-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    But yeah....

Judge Renpaw just arrived.

Renpaw nods.

Renpaw says, "Hello hello there whippersnappers."

Speaking to Renpaw, Hlendril says, "Hello there sorry excuse of a judge who looks like a crossbreed between a Kobold and a Rolton."

Suddenly, a pair of lawmen come striding in. They wrestle Hlendril to the ground and drag him off, muttering something about the stocks!

Renpaw says, "How dare he compare me to his mother."

Renpaw says, "I have two things to cover."

Renpaw says, "First..."

How the fuck did you expect him to respond? Like this?

If you do that IRL in court you can get about 30 days of jail time. If you're also drunk, as he says his character was, you'll also get a sweet DIP charge and have more time and/or fines.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

3. Default

Drunk in Public is such unrelenting BS. If you can pull off being hammered but not breaking any laws then you should be able to have at it. Most of the stuff you get in trouble for that goes along with a DIP charge (public nudity, vanalism, assault, petty thefy, public urination, whatever) is already a crime, the DIP is just there to double down on you. It smacks of puritanism and prohibition.
    Last edited by audioserf; 05-22-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Blog Entries

You should also work on your sentence structure and grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    tl;dr - you have gotten a shit ton of attention from GM's since you started and other players, especially Cruxophim, have worked to incorporate your back story and your persona in to the story lines you were trying to participate in.

Here are some thoughts based on those logs...

https://gswiki.play.net/Mayor%27s_Mi...sal_by_Stephos - Your participation seemed fine at first but with a room full of people that were already involved in that ongoing storyline, you expected way too much of interaction/response from Stephos and a few others. Then you blatantly whined about it saying it was for the Landing elite because you weren't being responded to. I don't see that as the most effective way to insert yourself in to the story line. You have to do it gradually, you can't just monoplize and hope to get noticed in a good way right away.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone...ial%27s_Bounty - doesn't even seem like you were present at this meeting but Crux worked in your name and your backstory as a merc. Pretty fucking cool if you ask me that another player took up your mantle and promoted your involvement in the story line without you even being there.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone...ans_of_Stephos - fairly short interaction here where you made a question regarding mercenaries and Stephos responded. You also further established your existence as a mercenary. All in all a pretty good interaction that moved along your own backstory and you got a bit of attention.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone...ne%27s_Hostage - you were involved in the search for Rone and Lylia's subsequent being taken hostage. I thought you "ripping someone's bosom off" comment was a little over the top, but that's fine, it fits with your character. Honestly, you got a fair amount of interaction with Goblyn on this one. At this point, you've had more interactions with GM's than I've had in the past 3 years. I don't try as hard of course.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone...fterdiscussion - There was a fair amount of players involved and things going on in this post, but your overall questions and comments fit along with the story line. Nothing much to note in this interaction, but no evidence that you were discriminated against in any way.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone...and_the_Church - You interacted with Lheren and got attention, although he couldn't recall having heard about you from Crux. I'm not sure if you were speaking about the other time Crux mentioned you as a mercenary, but I didn't see Lheren mentioned in that log, so unless you're referring to another interaction, I think you were mistaken. All in all though, you got more attention here.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone_-_Rise_of_Clones - You were just present in this log, no mention of any interactions.

https://gswiki.play.net/Wehnimer%27s...hanos_25,_5118 - Not sure exactly what went on in this exchange. Seems like maybe you and crux had some whispering going on. You definitely continued to build your backstory as hating anything to do with the empire by using all caps to yell "BLOODY IMPERIAL SYMPATHIZERS!" You had already used the yell verb and an exclamation point. Just a tip, there's hardly ever reason to use all caps if you're already using the yell verb. It just becomes annoying. Still again though, Cruxophim took up your backstory and your involvement and said "Speaking grimly to Irar, Cruxophim remarks, "In much the way -- I'm venturing a wild guess here -- something must have happened to make Hlendril distrust Imperials so. Or perhaps something that led him to believe that all persons wearing armor are distrustful, who can say?"-----He's continuing to work you in to the story even after you'd already left the room. Pretty fucking cool of him.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone..._the_Rone_Riot - This is where stuff really seems to go off the rails. There was a specific format to this meeting and your constant side conversation seemed to be a real distraction to everyone else trying to participate. You wholly deserved to be drug off to the stocks so that the RP event could proceed in a more orderly fashion. Take your licks and move on from this night bro.

https://gswiki.play.net/Wehnimer%27s...latos_15,_5118 - you briefly joined this conversation but no one seemed to bring up what happened to you before, so all seems to have been forgiven/forgotten for your prior rudeness.

There was an exchange that mentioned you as a mercenary on March 19 , but it was tongue in cheek because of your prior heavy handed RP.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone...he_Pillar_Plan - You seemed to participate a fair amount here and received a bit of attention and no one brought up you being a problem, so all in all seems a fairly good night for Hlendril.

https://gswiki.play.net/Rise_of_Rone_-_Framing_Device - You've complained about this incident here, but when you think about it, the judge arrives and you are literally the first person to say anything and you insult him. You did it in an in-character/in-game way though, which was great. But he's a judge. What would a judge do in the real world if you did that? You'd be held in contempt of court. Well, they don't have contempt of court in Gemstone, so you got thrown in the stocks. You played a brigand and a blow hard in game, and you got RP'd as a brigand and thrown in the stocks. It's not that hard to understand that. Again, stop whining about this incident. You got yet more attention!

There's more of your story line participation after this, but honestly, at this point, I think the point has been proven. Your actions were at times very disruptive, but not supremely over the top and you have gotten a ton of GM, player, and story line interaction. I never saw any log where you mentioned rape, but that was likely over the top. There's not even an in-game mechanic for sex, so you referring to rape was technically completely out of context for this game. Why don't you think anyone talks about going to take a shit or a piss? Cause there isn't any way to do that in game anyway, so it'd be out of character to discuss it. From what I can see from the logs, almost all of the story line players seemed to continually let you back in to participate even after you were previously very disruptive. Get...Over...It.
    Damn.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Drunk in Public is such unrelenting BS. If you can pull off being hammered but not breaking any laws then you should be able to have at it. Most of the stuff you get in trouble for that goes along with a DIP charge (public nudity, vanalism, assault, petty thefy, public urination, whatever) is already a crime, the DIP is just there to double down on you. It smacks of puritanism and prohibition.
    It's to keep those things from even happening. People don't make the best decisions when they're shithoused.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    It is a preventative measure. Sure it can be abused, but I've seen it done more often to prevent someone from doing something retarded. Charges are usually dropped for it around here... It is generally used as a way to pull people off the streets for the night.

I've never seen someone get a DIP that didn't really deserve it.
    Last edited by Gelston; 05-22-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Instead of Ken replying sonething IC or whstever, instead he had to put me at tge stocks and miss the event.
    He was totally in character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

9. Default

Ha, thanks Viekn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    That was becaused the story called for it.
    Not really. Deckits being fined for trying to bribe the jury makes sense, but having an unruly mob hang him outside the law was probably just Kenstrom messing around. When Hapenlok got tarred and feathered, all he did was Immolate himself for a laugh.

Being shoved in the stocks or struck by lightning does not equal storyline progress.
    When Stonmel took time at the mayoral debate to accuse Renpaw of neglect for not investigating Leafi, Renpaw arrested him. When Hlendril mocked the Judge, he arrested him. When Hlendril kept talking over Town Councilwoman Alendrial's discussion after she asked him to respect the gathering, she arrested him.

All of these things are in character and necessary so the authorities have some authority.

By the way,how long did it take you to get Kenny to notice you?
    He started involving me after like two months. (Since starting to show up to the stories, not just two months of being Leafi in the game.) It wasn't that long for you!

Also, after he started involving me, here's what happened: I got shot by a sniper, cursed by the witch Raznel, mistook the curse for some weird Jellybeard tattoo (he's a merchant) and ran off to the pavilion to get it erased and then came back and got cursed in an uglier way than before, kidnapped by acolytes, kidnapped by Raznel, and then when it came time to remove the curse, the cure made my face ripple and bubble in a horrifying mess while a room of a few dozen people stared.

All of that is 1) harsher than anything that's happened to Hlendril and 2) awesome and fun and meant to be taken that way.

Edit:

Also, just to clarify, I was never specifically trying to get noticed. Some others would disagree and I understand how they could perceive it that way, but at the start I was only showing up for RPAs and figured I should at least pay attention and say a few things here and there. It was an "if I'm here anyway then I might as well not be a zombie" kind of thing, and that spiraled into following the logic of the story and the other characters.

To this day I suspect (and this is 100% speculation, so do not take this as fact) that the reason Kenstrom had Leafi get kidnapped for a solo scene was because he wanted to involve her since he kept seeing her show up to event after event after event, but the things she'd say were generic enough that he had no idea what kind of character she was and so didn't know how to properly work with her. So he had to put her in a dramatic situation that would show some reaction. (Again, others might disagree. I've told this to a couple friends who see things differently and say I was RPing well from the moment they met me, but I sure don't remember it that way. :P)

You're the opposite, where you're incredibly upfront about what kind of character Hlendril is. And that's where I think LadyGrey is right, in the post just below this, that you're maybe expecting too much. Since you already know what character you want to be, it seems like you're wanting immediate gratification.

And it's not really such a bad thing to step up and try to take the spotlight, but the problem is when someone tries to do it at every event. I'd suggest watching whichever characters you think are the best established and you'll probably find that almost all of them are rarely very chatty unless A) other PCs are talking to them first, or B) the situation is tailor-made for them, e.g. Shinann/Raelee/Irar will be a lot more talkative than normal when in contact with the militia/Hall/Church respectively.

Basically, pick your spots.
    Last edited by Leafiara; 05-22-2018 at 03:14 PM.

10. Default

[QUOTE=Hlendril;2026425]... I mean yes, I did talk about rape but for god sakes it was RP! It is funny how mention of rape is offensive, but genociding creatures is completely possible..."

Probably because rape is just not that funny to a good percentage of women and some men for whom it is a trigger.

I'm sure there are plenty of other RP games out there where one can indulge in that kind of play, but GS is not one of them (aside from what consenting adults do behind locked doors — and should stay there).

Being that this game was designed to, initially, advance through the killing of creatures, the supposed "genocide" of them should not be surprising, shocking, or even used as a comparison to rape — which is not an open part of the game.

As many have said, that was likely the first issue some had with you, but the almost constant whining and complaining when you failed to attract attention, or be at the center of it, was further off-putting. Many of us are happy to play in obscurity, without being the focus, and have managed to enjoy our time in GS without GM interaction.

GMs have their storyline ideas, and most try to guide players in the direction of their outlines, since they are often written in advance of starting them up in the game. Sometimes an interesting hook or idea might develop, and the GM might modify their course to include this contribution, but something far-fetched from the plot is unlikely to be incorporated. This includes both grimdark and noble bright themes — if they don't mesh with the author's intents.