Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenstrom

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    So a few nights ago I tried to rp in the storyline and this is what I got from Kenny:

The town guard says, "Oh, good. Mayor, and Captains, and, everyone. Even a Hlendril."

Crap like this just justifies and encourages people to treat me like an asshole even when Im trying to change. It really seems he is aware of my tomfoolery and I wont be surprized if he lurks in PC.
    Jesus. You are a sensitive little guy... aren't you?

Maybe Gemstone isn't the game for you. Perhaps a single player role playing game is more your style. No one can be mean to you there.
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I'm curious though, since you didn't include it in your post...how did you react to that in game?
    Thankfully, I took a screenshot of the encounter right after it happened:

PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

3. Default

[Edit: re-reading this, it might come across a little harsh, so I want to say upfront that I'm honestly interested in having the conversation. I'm actually sorry I missed this thread back when you first posted it since I would have had a lot of thoughts back then too.]

You really shouldn't complain about...
    I have an inclination or feeling that GMs like Kenstrom only seem, note "seem" like they are biased to high-paying or should I say "Established" players. In the storyline, especially the current one it seem obvious that the GM NPCs only interact with "those" kind of characters/players.
    ...and then turn around and also complain about:

So a few nights ago I tried to rp in the storyline and this is what I got from Kenny:

The town guard says, "Oh, good. Mayor, and Captains, and, everyone. Even a Hlendril."
    I don't think you have any idea how many people have never drawn any reaction from a GM character who would absolutely love to. It happens all the time that people go to someone who they think is established and ask how they get noticed.

Meanwhile, off the top of my head you got this mention, you had a different guard calling you out when Rone was captured, you've been bolted at least twice that I remember, you had a reference in the weather on the night of the election results (along with others who were also poked at), you drew a response from Malluch at a Town Hall meeting... Plus Goblyn, though she's played by a different GM, took your heart and let you eat it.

What more do you want?

If the answer is this...
    So what am I saying? I am saying I hope Kenstrom and other GMs try to promote and encourage young and new characters or players to have their own special moment in the storyline other than being called having a "ego".
    ...then I have to break it to you that you basically are getting them. That comment wasn't a personal attack, and I'll give you many examples from the past two years of other things that also aren't personal attacks.

I'm taking the time to do this because I want you to read through and ask yourself how you would have reacted if these things happened to you instead of others, since I'm like 99% sure that every player enjoyed these events. (The GM NPCs mentioned are Alendrial, Carenos, Dennet, Drandea, Grishom, Lheren, Naimorai, Raznel, Rodnay, Rone, and Thadston; everyone else here should be a player character.)

• Cruxophim, Deckits, Madmountan, Marijka, Rhayveign, and Xorus being targeted by Rone
    • Crux losing his ability to lose magic for like a month
    • A town clerk flirting with Alasatia in front of Melivn and giving out "Move Over Melivn" buttons
    • Leafi going on patrol to root out snipers and getting her leg shot off
    • Kayse giving Drandea a drink and Naimorai invisibly slipping poison into it
    • Bekke being kidnapped and threatened by Dennet
    • Leafi being kidnapped by Chaston's forces
    • The half-elf black blood curse that put black veins in many of our look descriptions for like two months
    • NPC townspeople walking around gossiping about "Shinann the Cursed"
    • Gavrien losing his hair as a result of curing that curse (while nobody else suffered any long-lasting consequences)
    • Maylan trying to help cure Bekke only to have it literally blow up in her face and kill her
    • Alendrial blaming Irar for creating Raznel
    • Thadston saying he should have gutted Irar so he wouldn't create Raznel
    • Dennet challenging Crux, Hap, and Leafi with questions of distrust in the 2017 campaign
    • Drandea repeatedly saying she didn't trust Mayor Crux
    • Deckits being fined and also hanged by an unruly mob for trying to bribe the Rone jury
    • Actors trying to frame Crux for torture
    • Dennet's crew trying to frame Hap for murder
    • Leafi and various others being kidnapped by Raznel
    • Shinann being kidnapped by Dennet
    • Evician being kidnapped by Grishom Stone
    • Hap being tarred and feathered for attacking himself in town
    • Marijka's credibility being questioned by Lheren
    • Drandea calling Ysharra a cultist
    • Some NPC (I forget who) joking about Xorus being a Breadlord instead of a Dreadlord
    • Carenos stalking and assassinating Severine
    • Rodnay blowing up Raelee's head
    • Rodnay threatening to erase Maylan from the time stream if she ever plotted against him again

I'm going to leave it at that for now and go back to my question, because I do want to know the answer and then I can give a better reply from there:

Can you give some examples of what having a special moment in the story would even look like to you? Or what it would involve?

(Because tons of things do happen in the story that are more positive--I just listed "negative" ones so you see you're not being singled out--but right now I'm guessing that the kinds of things you'd want almost never happen even for established characters. But I could be wrong and don't want to assume what exactly you're imagining taking place.)
    Last edited by Leafiara; 05-21-2018 at 12:06 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post

Can you give some examples of what having a special moment in the story would even look like to you? Or what it would involve?
    Being declared Emperor of Elanthia would be great. My character only had one date with the Argent Mirror and then some doucher NPC was all whiney. :/
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Wow, but when we say whore, we are soaped.

As for everyone here, I`ll just take Neveragain`s advice. There are people who follow lore and make lore. I`ll just player RP. We never really get anything out of these Roleplay events unlike most graphical MMOs, which truly shows how cheep they are. If only we can get Rone spidersilk cloaks...
    Just fucking wing it and try to be creative instead of trying to be Frodo waiting for Gandalf.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgar View Post
    Kenstrom just likes to pretend he can RP. Whore? Really? I thought this game was rated “teen” not “M”. I’ve seen him *try* to RP, amateurish at best... everyone just thinks differently cause he shells out RPAs like Pez.
    Last edited by Methais; 05-21-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Being declared Emperor of Elanthia would be great. My character only had one date with the Argent Mirror and then some doucher NPC was all whiney. :/
    I mean, we all have fun thinking about stuff like this, for sure. But expecting it to actually happen is a whole other thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    I mean, we all have fun thinking about stuff like this, for sure. But expecting it to actually happen is a whole other thing.
    Oh, it is going to happen. After I win the powerball.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimgar View Post
    Sick. A racist AND homophobe. Reported!
    You haven't had enough time to watch the video before responding to it.

Reported for being Gaylord Focker.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Ever since I started RPing, I always was being booted even though I was acting IC. I mean yes, I did talk about rape but for god sakes it was RP! It is funny how mention of rape is offensive, but genociding creatures is completely possible. I find it how eerie people advertise Dragonball at times, since they are basically walking Hiroshima bombs. Lets try romanticizing Rape of Nanking next time? Show Nappa stepping on babies too?

Going back in topic. I was and always was in character during the whole storyline, you know that. Yet Kenny is too insensitive to see a newcomer try to roleplay. Wintersylph and I have discussed it and she agreed to me. Certain high paying people do get special treatment instantaneously due to having Premium status. If you look at the Premium page, it says there inclusion in the storylines is one of the benefits of being Premium. You know this.
    Leafiara just took a long walk off of a short pier!

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!

Blog Entries

I find it how eerie people advertise Dragonball at times, since they are basically walking Hiroshima bombs. Lets try romanticizing Rape of Nanking next time? Show Nappa stepping on babies too?
    .... What the fuck are you even talking about?