Page 1 of 47 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenstrom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Kenstrom

I don't wanna start some drama but I really wanna let this out. The trolls will have a field day with this...

I'm not too fond of how the GMs handle their storylines. I have an inclination or feeling that GMs like Kenstrom only seem, note "seem" like they are biased to high-paying or should I say "Established" players. In the storyline, especially the current one it seem obvious that the GM NPCs only interact with "those" kind of characters/players. I am not saying names and I do not wish to accuse anyone, this is just a feeling I am getting. (I'll prolly get red repped for this).

I am talking about so-called "whales". The type who have like five or so premium accounts open at once. I'm sure people will start saying I'm a troll in disguise but I am not. Whirlin himself confirmed I'm a legit new player.

I will it though, I am aware my RP is "too extreme" and that I should tone down a notch. I am doing it now, but again my character is no troll type character. My character is mostly paranoid, and at times drunk.

So what am I saying? I am saying I hope Kenstrom and other GMs try to promote and encourage young and new characters or players to have their own special moment in the storyline other than being called having a "ego". Also, I guess it would be nice if storyline to rewards us with some exclusive items. RP awards aren't enough when you get killed dozens of times and lose lots of time/silvers/Chrisms. I hope people understand that this is just a opinion and in no way, shape or form am I associated with any troll. Thank you for understanding.
    Leafiara just took a long walk off of a short pier!

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!

Blog Entries

You try to interact with 50+ people at once and see how that goes night after night. It's to much for one person to handle and your storyline event will go way longer than you had time for that night. This just seems like you're mad cause senpai didn't notice you.

If it looks like a troll and talks like a troll, you're going to assume its a troll.
    Last edited by drauz; 04-11-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Looks like everyone was duped again. Hello Macgyver.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    Looks like everyone was duped again. Hello Macgyver.
    Not Mcguyver, people know that. If I were him, I should've been banned when his account purge took place. Then again, I expected a response like this to happen. Originally, I wanted to post this in the officials but due to restrictions, I cannot. Would be nice if someone mirrored it to the Official Forum though.

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!

5. Default

The amount that you spend on GS does not determine GM activity. Having RPed in Landing in the past, i can attest to how difficultit can be to feel like you're part of the story. However, don't get discouraged! You do not need GM attention to take part and there are plenty of people willing to RP with you, as well as help you become a part of the story wherever you feel comfortable. I have more fun interacting with regular players on a day to day basis than in some storylines. And you can still get RPAs that way. Perhaps find a smaller community to be a part of.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Blog Entries

Sure, GMs running SLs probably do interact with specific players more, infact, the definitely do because we have player mayors and crap. They also know what players are around often so they can continue the story without having to explain a lot.

I don't think they are purposely excluding people, someone you just need to be around at the right time. You can kinda figure out the GM's schedule and remember to take note of things posted on the officials and stuff.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

RP favoritism is something that is as old as the game. Most of the current players and GMs have been playing for 15+ years and their characters (and players) have well established relationships so it's hard for a complete unknown to break in at times. That being said, the GMs do a pretty good job at getting everyone to at least feel acknowledged, but they're not machines and don't have little raid warnings telling them when someone's RP gauge is running low.
    Last edited by Taernath; 04-11-2018 at 09:30 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

The issue is likely that when they're already halfway into a multiple month or year SL, people who are new to it don't know wtf is going on and will feel excluded. I never really cared for those super long SLs either. I think it breeds this exact type of situation. Longer SLs are cool, but I think the majority should be a lot shorter. No more than a couple weeks... And in different places too. Yeah, the majority live aorund Landing and all that, but people can and do follow it around.

I remember in RR, back when we didn't have the boot because those fucking douchers decided to add it back and fuck them, when we had nearly nightly events we always had a ton of people showing up for them.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The issue is likely that when they're already halfway into a multiple month or year SL, people who are new to it don't know wtf is going on and will feel excluded. I never really cared for those super long SLs either. I think it breeds this exact type of situation. Longer SLs are cool, but I think the majority should be a lot sharter.
    Fixed.

Also didn't Kenstrom just quit? Or was that an April Fools post? I don't remember the date I read that.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Before anyone asks... it's not another Insplre/Macgyver/Necro alt... legit new player.
    I'm verified not a troll.

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!