Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenstrom

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    I mean, things definitely aren't perfect. I have a certain friend who's constantly at KST who feels unrecognized and I never really know what to tell them other than "send a backstory/character profile to Kenstrom and see what happens," because at least by all appearances this friend looks like they're doing everything right (in fact, I think this person is way better at participating than me) but still the NPCs rarely respond.

But that's still only one person. Everybody else who I know wants to be involved is involved, plus many people who didn't specifically try to get involved but have been pulled in anyway--sometimes for reasons they can't even figure out.

I also bet my friend would be stoked to get the level of attention that Hlendril does actually get, like all the things I mentioned earlier. That's what makes this whole conversation so sad to me.
    The attention I got was usually being arrested by the constable or struck by lightning over Roleplay.
    Leafiara just took a long walk off of a short pier!

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    The attention I got was usually being arrested by the constable or struck by lightning over Roleplay.
    And Crux got injected by Rone and lost his ability to use magic for a month, I've been kidnapped twice in one week before, Deckits got fined and hanged recently, a couple months before that Hap got put in the stocks and then tarred and feathered, Gavrien went bald...

You're taking it personally, but it's not meant to be taken that way.

Edit: Also just want to point out... when someone came to me asking for advice about getting more involved, I think literally the second thing I said was a fair warning that if they wanted to be more visible, they needed to know that they'd be taking the bad with the good and should be prepared to either get killed, kidnapped, cursed, framed, or have any other number of other crazy things happen out of nowhere. That person was very enthusiastic about any of those things happening, which I think is the right attitude!
    Last edited by Leafiara; 05-22-2018 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leafiara View Post
    And Crux got injected by Rone and lost his ability to use magic for a month, I've been kidnapped twice in one week before, Deckits got fined and hanged recently, a couple months before that Hap got put in the stocks and then tarred and feathered, Gavrien went bald...

You're taking it personally, but it's not meant to be taken that way.

Edit: Also just want to point out... when someone came to me asking for advice about getting more involved, I think literally the second thing I said was a fair warning that if they wanted to be more visible, they needed to know that they'd be taking the bad with the good and should be prepared to either get killed, kidnapped, cursed, framed, or have any other number of other crazy things happen out of nowhere. That person was very enthusiastic about any of those things happening, which I think is the right attitude!
    That was becaused the story called for it. Being shoved in the stocks or struck by lightning does not equal storyline progress. I wouldnt mind dying in a invasion or being assasinated or whatever. I will say this though: Whenever I try acting in character someone gets triggered and say Im dissruptive. What I say IC does not reflect who I am. Riend says not to take what a character says personaly. Whenever my character says stuff like "taking their women" it is not me talking, the character is. Lylia clearly missed Riend's advice.

By the way,how long did it take you to get Kenny to notice you?

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!

That was becaused the story called for it. Being shoved in the stocks or struck by lightning does not equal storyline progress. I wouldnt mind dying in a invasion or being assasinated or whatever. I will say this though: Whenever I try acting in character someone gets triggered and say Im dissruptive. What I say IC does not reflect who I am. Riend says not to take what a character says personaly. Whenever my character says stuff like "taking their women" it is not me talking, the character is. Lylia clearly missed Riend's advice.

What exactly happened leading up to you getting thrown in the stocks and bolted? Be specific.

I'm going to guess what didn't happen was something like:

Hlendril says, "Hear ye, <insert a bunch of RP speak>"

GM NPC: OMG WUT A FAG LOLOLOLOL

Hlendril gets blasted by a bolt!

* Hlendril just bit the dust!
    Last edited by Methais; 05-22-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

That was becaused the story called for it. Being shoved in the stocks or struck by lightning does not equal storyline progress. I wouldnt mind dying in a invasion or being assasinated or whatever. I will say this though: Whenever I try acting in character someone gets triggered and say Im dissruptive.
    Do you (or anyone else for that matter) have logs of exactly how your interactions have gone down? I'd really like to see it first hand.

Let me add some context to what my character is....

Hlendril is a mercenary. Last Ive heard mercenaries arent the kindest people on earth. That does not mean he likes injustice and opresion, quite the opposite actually.

Here is another evidence if RP discrimination. Sometime bsck, I called Judge Renpaw or whatever a fat kobold or something because Hlendril was drunk as usual. Instead of Ken replying sonething IC or whstever, instead he had to put me at tge stocks and miss the event.

J>kick rone
    J>
    You kick Rone!

Blog Entries

Let me add some context to what my character is....

Hlendril is a mercenary. Last Ive heard mercenaries arent the kindest people on earth. That does not mean he likes injustice and opresion, quite the opposite actually.

Here is another evidence if RP discrimination. Sometime bsck, I called Judge Renpaw or whatever a fat kobold or something because Hlendril was drunk as usual. Instead of Ken replying sonething IC or whstever, instead he had to put me at tge stocks and miss the event.
    You called a fucking Judge a name. Go do that IRL to a judge and see what occurs.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Sometime bsck, I called Judge Renpaw or whatever a fat kobold or something because Hlendril was drunk as usual. Instead of Ken replying sonething IC or whstever, instead he had to put me at tge stocks and miss the event.
    How would you react if you were a judge, I'm assuming in a courtroom, and some drunk asshole showed up and called you a fat kobold, and how was this judge's reaction not IC?

RP discrimination

Can you please define what exactly RP discrimination is, and how it should be combated?
    Last edited by Methais; 05-22-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Instead of Ken replying sonething IC or whstever, instead he had to put me at tge stocks and miss the event.
    He was totally in character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

So basically everyone must accept your roleplay and the consequences therein, but any repercussions from other character's or NPC's must be deemed acceptable by you.