Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help altering a Bandolier

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Help altering a Bandolier

Hey, I have "a coppery brown leather bandolier" with a show of:

The brown leather bandolier is composed of several straps, some lined with a row of slots for smaller bladed weapons or wands, while a series of straps lines the backing. Hanging from the bandolier are large sacks, narrow tubes, small pouches, and containers.

I want to turn it into something war-torn and copper, so that it's badass and matches my other stuff, but I don't have a damn idea/ounce of creativity about altering my bandolier. Help. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

First decide whether you want to keep the bandolier noun or if you want to change it to harness. Also, depending on how knowledgeable the merchant is regarding what is allowed, you could get it changed to jerkin as well. Nathala Crane here on PC had it done.

A copper studded war-torn leather harness/bandolier
    A war-torn harness riveted with copper studs
    A copper chained war-torn leather bandolier

Think visually of how you'd want the copper to appear. Rivets, studs, inlaid. You might be able to do threaded if it was copper wire. Consider also changing war to battle possibly, depending on the look you want.

Edit: If you're using Sadie/Premium Points, don't be afraid to submit a design but also ask for input from Sadie if you'd like some help from the actual GM. Some GM's like to provide input when you don't know the end result you want. You should never submit something with no ideas in mind what so ever, but asking for help from the GM is almost always welcomed.
    Last edited by Viekn; 04-08-2018 at 06:03 PM.

a thick leather weapon harness reinforced with copper mesh
    a war torn leather weapon harness....
    a battle-scarred leather weapon harness....

a thick leather weapon harness secured with heavy copper buckles

Just some ideas...

I sorta like "a battle-scarred leather weapon harness reinforced with copper mesh" myself.. or something like that.

A battered harness with copper catches
    GSIV:Jhacen: "raise me you stupid bitch"

discord: vusit#6092

Hmmm. I already have one copper mesh item + another copper item with very noticeable studs, so I don't want to overdo that. I do like harness as a base noun! w00t, thanks all, incoming rep.
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

I would suggest having a back-up for "war-torn" while some merchants may do it, others may ask "How can you tell that a tear is from a war?"

Happened to me on my tunic. wanted a "war-torn whenimerian flag" but was told that wouldn't fly, settled for "worn"
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    I would suggest having a back-up for "war-torn" while some merchants may do it, others may ask "How can you tell that a tear is from a war?"

Happened to me on my tunic. wanted a "war-torn whenimerian flag" but was told that wouldn't fly, settled for "worn"
    I have always completely disagreed with that stance from the GM's. Does it affect anyone else to make it "war-torn"? No. We play a game made up entirely of words! Why not use that to an advantage and allow "war-torn" or whatever to better describe that the person wearing it has gone through many battles/wars with it. It enriches the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    I have always completely disagreed with that stance from the GM's. Does it affect anyone else to make it "war-torn"? No. We play a game made up entirely of words! Why not use that to an advantage and allow "war-torn" or whatever to better describe that the person wearing it has gone through many battles/wars with it. It enriches the game.
    I agree. I would like to see more fun things like that as well. I am sure it's difficult to balance everything in a way that can be spelled out clearly to all merchants. But, the fact remains that they may get all grumbley about it and having a plan B would be worthwhile. I have a 100% track record of being unhappy with alters I had to adjust in the moment.
    Last edited by Ososis; 04-09-2018 at 09:47 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post

Yeah, I was thinking something more noticeable such as throwing in a word or three that would distinctively show something like "blade(-)mark(s/ed)" but really having my first real alter mind fart with this one. Oh well.

You also have to keep in mind some GMs are completely new and/or new to merchanting. They are being monitored on their activities and probably tend to err on the side of caution.
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.