Thread: Custom Launch Commands

Default Custom Launch Commands

I need to set up a way to automatically login my characters each day in order to keep the boosts going. So far I've tried task scheduler but haven't been able to get it to work. I think that if I set up custom launch commands for each character I can easily use task scheduler to do it.

How do I set up the custom launch commands? Is there a link or tutorial anywhere already?

Also, if anyone has tips or other ideas to accomplish this please let me know.

You need to do something similar to*:
    Code:
            login = "#{RUBY_DIR}/ruby.exe #{LICH_DIR}/lich.rbw --login --char_name #{character_name} --without-frontend --start-scripts=exit";

# Start in a thread so we can kill it if it runs too long
            thread = Thread.new {
                system "#{login}"
            }
    where exit.lic is a script that just does whatever (I have it log "boost info", "bank account", and "experience" for data mining) then does "exit" so you don't stay logged in.

* "similar" because I used a modified lich.rbw. I think the above is correct for the standard version, but it might not be perfect. "ruby lich.rbw --help" will give you exact syntax.

game entry.jpg

Are you talking about typing that in the task scheduler?

I was thinking that I could create custom launch commands for each character, then use browse in the task scheduler to select each character individually without worrying about arguments or anything else.

I'm not sure what you mean by "browse in the task scheduler". I'm assuming you're running Windows and I've never seen a way to set up a task that would let you browse to an entry in lich's launcher. What I was talking about is the command line needed to log a character in and then have it log out so it isn't sitting around until logon from that account (or the character idled out). That can be integrated with the task scheduler in what ever way works for you.

I use an outer ruby script that loops over each character in lich's entry.dat so I only have 1 task that takes care of all characters. If you wanted to do 1 task per character, the "Action" to is "Start a program" with the ruby.exe as the "Program/script" with parameters similar to the above under "Add arguments (optional)." (All fields in taskschd.msc)

There's no "Custom launch command" (in lich's launcher) needed nor do I think that would work any better since you'd still need to setup the task to run ruby and invoke lich and would have to pass over the game entry label you wanted it to use. (I.e. you'd do all the same work and have an extra entry instead of having it just use your existing entries.)

If you're not on Windows or otherwise referring to a feature I'm not familiar with, you should ignore me entirely.

Yes it's on windows. I am going to have to keep playing with it until I learn what I'm doing. I know very little about ruby but this is a good chance to figure some stuff out.

Reported for afk logging.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Yes it's on windows. I am going to have to keep playing with it until I learn what I'm doing. I know very little about ruby but this is a good chance to figure some stuff out.
    The shit Jynamon pasted is a ruby script.

Make a new file, name it "login.rbw". Paste that stuff in, change the info to match your info. Run it. Hopefully you have ruby in shell.

It's really basic, don't change anything except define the #{variables}.

Quote Originally Posted by Haldrik View Post
    The shit Jynamon pasted is a ruby script.

Make a new file, name it "login.rbw". Paste that stuff in, change the info to match your info. Run it. Hopefully you have ruby in shell.

It's really basic, don't change anything except define the #{variables}.
    Ok, I'll try that out. Thank you