Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trump vs. Amazon

Lightbulb Trump vs. Amazon

I'm not sure what caused Trump to tweet on this issue so much recently. I think it is because many people said his initial tweet was wrong about the Post Office losing money.

The Post Office loses money every year. If you take their annual loss divided by the number of items they deliver per year, you can come up with an amount lost per package, which appears to be how Trump determined that the Post Office is long money on Amazon packages. Another way to look at it is at the margin. If the Post Office delivered enough items per year, it would not lose money. Every additional item delivered by the Post Office reduces the amount lost per item. How would someone with a lot of business experience look at it?

A deeper dive.. https://www.vox.com/2018/3/30/171768...on-post-office

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post

I'm not sure what caused Trump to tweet on this issue so much recently. I think it is because many people said his initial tweet was wrong about the Post Office losing money.

The Post Office loses money every year. If you take their annual loss divided by the number of items they deliver per year, you can come up with an amount lost per package, which appears to be how Trump determined that the Post Office is long money on Amazon packages. Another way to look at it is at the margin. If the Post Office delivered enough items per year, it would not lose money. Every additional item delivered by the Post Office reduces the amount lost per item. How would someone with a lot of business experience look at it?

A deeper dive.. https://www.vox.com/2018/3/30/171768...on-post-office
    butter.jpg

Wrong link. Here's the right tweet..

There are decades where nothing happens; and there are weeks where decades happen.

It’s probably a combination of:

1. Trump hates bezos because he is worth 35x more than he is.

2. Bezos owns the Washington Post, which regularly publishes articles that do not shed a favorable light on Trump or his administration.

3. Somewhere, one of trumps “friends” is picking up cheap stocks. Probably even trump himself.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    It’s probably a combination of:

1. Trump hates bezos because he is worth 35x more than he is.
    This is probably the biggest reason TBH.

The post office argument is laughable. Amazon is probably the only reason we still have a USPS at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    The post office argument is laughable. Amazon is probably the only reason we still have a USPS at this point.
    Isn't that crazy? He said Amazon was using the USPS as their delivery boy! The nerve of using the post office to deliver stuff.

I’m surprised Amazon is being defended here. From a liberal stance, Amazon should be the worst thing ever (like Walmart). However, because the company is run by a giant liberal it gets a pass. The hypocrisy is so evident.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I’m surprised Amazon is being defended here. From a liberal stance, Amazon should be the worst thing ever (like Walmart). However, because the company is run by a giant liberal it gets a pass. The hypocrisy is so evident.
    Trolls gonna troll

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    I fucking love Amazon. I literally buy everything from there.