Thread: Animal Companion Grooming Help!

Default Animal Companion Grooming Help!

So.... I won the animal companion raffle and I desperately need some help with ideas. My companion is a male ferret. The picture is kind of how I want him to look. I'd like to work in something about him being a runt with oversized paws. Also, if possible, I want his tongue to be hanging out in his sleeping description. Personality wise, I play like he's mostly an annoyance to my ranger, but won't stop following her around and getting into all her stuff. So, you know, a typical ferret

Thanks so much for any help! I'm not sure where to start!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congratulations! Since I got my companion animal I have been noticing the descriptions on any companions I see. My companion is a coyote so I can relate that to the wolves to come up with some ideas. I haven't even thought of a sleeping description. Or to fine tune his short description.

However, with yours being a ferret... and there being fewer ferrets. Any advice from the Groomer? https://gswiki.play.net/Animal_Companion_grooming I guess I would take his base description and put in parts that make your ferret, your ferret. I wonder if you can add the word mischievous? Dark mischievous eyes, looking for trouble?

Can you post his current description?

Hollybear
    Last edited by BHawk; 03-31-2018 at 03:10 PM.

This is the base description:
    >describe ferret
    As you turn your attention to a black-footed dusky ferret, the ferret notices your interest and turns his visage toward you in response. Beady eyes stare blankly outward behind his snout spotted with frayed whiskers jutting out in wild directions. Human-sized forepaws with large white nails are made to seem small in comparison to the ferret's large hindlegs and paws. The dusky ferret's thin tail idly twists and twitches from side to side.

Definitely doesn't fit him. >.<

I'm thinking maybe something along the lines of a long-whiskered snow white ferret for the short description? I dunno. Told you I'm bad at this!

I still can't wrap around my head the 15/15/15 rule. But keeping that in mind, here are some ideas for you to kick around.

a mischievous snow white ferret (a long-whiskered snow white ferret is really nice, but if it's too long you'll need a back up idea.)
    Although a runt in size from a normal ferret, he has oversized paws. His snout is sporting long whiskers and his mischievous dark eyes stand out from his snow white face. The slender, graceful frame is covered in snow white fur ....... was going to add something about his tail here.

The dusky ferret's thin tail idly twists and twitches from side to side. Does a ferret really have a thin tail? Seems to me they more so have a fluffy tail. And do they really move their tail like that? Okay just googled some images, it looks to be a bit fluffy but also more slender than I thought.

Well, take what works, if anything works for you, and play with it.
    Last edited by BHawk; 04-01-2018 at 11:02 AM.

About that sleeping description.... I don't think I have seen a groomed companion sleeping. Would a ranger with a groomed companion please post a sleeping description?