Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Rogue near 20, need help deciding weapon type to use moving forward.

  1. Default Rogue near 20, need help deciding weapon type to use moving forward.

    My rogue is almost 20, and I need to make a choice about a training path moving forward. I had been planning on archery, but it looks like there are a ton of viable training paths for rogues. I'd been playing around with UAC on my monk, and it's been really fun so far as well.

    Anybody who has experience with both care to weigh in on archery vs. UAC moving forward? Or is there another build you'd recommend? I'm looking for something different from the traditional sword-and-board ambushing approach.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    The Danger Zone
    Posts
    10,577
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    UAC and ranged are extremely viable for rogues, only slight mark against them is that they can be annoying without scripts or macros. Ranged also has ammo management, and aiming reliability issues until about 25-30.

    My rogue is TWC but mostly for arpee.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

  3. #3

    Default

    My UAC ambushing rogue is 30 and kicks major tail. Highly recommend.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    My UAC ambushing rogue is 30 and kicks major tail. Highly recommend.
    What’s your training look like?

  5. #5

    Default

    I would say you could never go wrong with TWC, but to really enjoy that you need the training for dervish stance and sadly you probably couldn't do that yet.

  6. #6

    Default

    Here is my training at level 30

    Two Weapon Combat..................| 1
    Armor Use..........................| 30
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 51
    Brawling...........................| 64
    Ambush.............................| 64
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 15
    Physical Fitness...................| 32
    Dodging............................| 86
    Harness Power......................| 15
    Stalking and Hiding................| 80
    Perception.........................| 64
    Climbing...........................| 15
    Swimming...........................| 10

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lexbubba View Post
    Here is my training at level 30

    Two Weapon Combat..................| 1
    Armor Use..........................| 30
    Combat Maneuvers...................| 51
    Brawling...........................| 64
    Ambush.............................| 64
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 15
    Physical Fitness...................| 32
    Dodging............................| 86
    Harness Power......................| 15
    Stalking and Hiding................| 80
    Perception.........................| 64
    Climbing...........................| 15
    Swimming...........................| 10
    I’ve thought about just wearing robes for the extra TP, the bonus to emastery, and the bonus to MM. Is that crazy?
    Last edited by fireorlime; 04-05-2018 at 10:29 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    It's not crazy. My UAC rogue did it for a long time before he switched to brig, and that was only later on when I made him a locksmith and had to switch to ranged combat to save on TPs. You're just playing the edge towards more offensive rather than defensive, and need to make sure that you're not hunting in an area where you'll get swarmed with enemies. As long as you can keep it at a one-on-one fight (with the occasional two-on-one), there should be no reason you don't come out on top.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarston View Post
    It's not crazy. My UAC rogue did it for a long time before he switched to brig, and that was only later on when I made him a locksmith and had to switch to ranged combat to save on TPs. You're just playing the edge towards more offensive rather than defensive, and need to make sure that you're not hunting in an area where you'll get swarmed with enemies. As long as you can keep it at a one-on-one fight (with the occasional two-on-one), there should be no reason you don't come out on top.
    Thanks for the tip! Going to try it out now.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    2,454

    Default

    TWC is fun. Ranged is most efficient, but I just don't like it. I recommend TWC with blunts. Ambush head. Crush. it is TP whore though
    Thym, 18 warrior. Coraesine Weapons are my friend.

    Uthenegal, 100 magical rogue.

    -Looking for my old character (Orbstar DE Wizard)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •