Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elemental and Summoning Lores

Default Elemental and Summoning Lores

I have read lots on the importance of demonology and necromancy lores for sorcs, but curious as to the thoughts on elemental or summoning lores. Summoning at 20 ranks for web bolt and elemental lore at 12 ranks for increasing dark catalyst crits? Here are the stats as I was thinking about them (level 58 sorc)

Armor Use..........................| 27
    Physical Fitness...................| 60
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 60
    Magic Item Use.....................| 60
    Spell Aiming.......................| 120
    Harness Power......................| 58
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 60
    Spirit Mana Control................| 60
    Elemental Lore - Air...............| 12
    Spiritual Lore - Summoning.........| 20
    Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 52
    Sorcerous Lore - Necromancy........| 33
    Perception.........................| 60
    Climbing...........................| 20
    Swimming...........................| 20
    Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 42
    Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 20
    Spell Lists
    Sorcerer...........................| 58

You have the thresholds correct. Looks good. Maybe 12 in each of the other Elemental Lores, as points permit.

Cap first. They mean next to nothing early on unless it's part of your RP. How do you hunt? Your CS seems like it is suffering without being 1x in sorc spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Cap first. They mean next to nothing early on unless it's part of your RP. How do you hunt? Your CS seems like it is suffering without being 1x in sorc spells.
    I am 1x in sorc spells. just not overtraining.

I completely understand the desire to train the lores. They look like it adds something of value, but the reality is that they are really hurting your training options right now. Overtraining in lores instead of spells is much less useful. You could have 125 and 130 for utility, 10-15 more CS or higher DS from bolstering spells. Instead, you gain 1 tier of crits on the air portion of 719, and some super minimal benefits from all that demon lore. Web bolt, which is not as good as aimed 708 or 709...

You can always try inefficient builds. That's the joy of GS. I'm just trying to understand what your motive is to "gimp" yourself mechanically. I'd recommend dropping back to 1x sorc lore, and having no other lores until after cap. You will be surprised how much power can be gained from over training in spells.
    Last edited by Maerit; 03-27-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I completely understand the desire to train the lores. They look like it adds something of value, but the reality is that they are really hurting your training options right now. Overtraining in lores instead of spells is much less useful. You could have 125 and 130 for utility, 10-15 more CS or higher DS from bolstering spells. Instead, you gain 1 tier of crits on the air portion of 719, and some super minimal benefits from all that demon lore. Web bolt, which is not as good as aimed 708 or 709...

You can always try inefficient builds. That's the joy of GS. I'm just trying to understand what your motive is to "gimp" yourself mechanically. I'd recommend dropping back to 1x sorc lore, and having no other lores until after cap. You will be surprised how much power can be gained from over training in spells.
    Good feedback. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

7. Default

Agreed, I'm a decent amount post cap and I don't have a single elemental lore yet. A higher CS kills things faster/disables them 100% of the time than a crit table jump.

Just as a side note. Necro lore is the critical lore for sorcerer combat in general. It boosts very powerful combat oriented spells to significant degree.

In order of combat value (my opinion):

#1 711 - Having .66x or higher lore will allow the maximum 7 seconds RT and 35% damage when you ward sufficiently keeping your targets locked down.
    #2 716 - Higher charges for this reactive flare and higher chance to activate.
    #3 730 - Increases the level you can animate, and the level of the animated critter (never underestimate the power of this spell!!).
    #4 735 - Makes it easier to gather necro energy.

The other spells I didn't bother to mention since I rarely use them in combat these days. Though if you're trained in spell aim (another skill I find "nice to have", but there's a decent argument to keep 2x SA) the benefits to 708 and 705 can be fun. Necro ranks for the 711 benefits alone are worth the investment as this spell controls targets better than most other spells in the game (especially since very few enemies are immune to RT lock).
    Last edited by Maerit; 03-27-2018 at 04:20 PM.

Summoning lore is great esp for web bolt. Skip the elementals
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    Summoning lore is great esp for web bolt. Skip the elementals
    Someone's going to have to explain why web bolt is worth so many TPs when you can use 708 or 709...