Thread: Next sheath making question...

1. Default Next sheath making question...

Friends,

I might want to make sheaths from the following 'hides':

* silverback orc knuckle
    * silver-tipped horseshoe
    * silvery tail
    * silvery hoof
    * silver mane

Which of these can be used as hides? I know I can make a fringe from the silver mane, but have less experience with the hide itself.

I'm used to converting rat pelts into leather and lacquered [sheaths].

Any help is appreciated,
    Thanks!
    -LizardClan1

2. Default

I am pretty sure those can only be used as fringe.

Click here to see the list of skins on the wiki.
    Last edited by Ltlprprincess; 03-26-2018 at 10:06 AM.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    I am pretty sure those can only be used as fringe.

Click here to see the list of skins on the wiki.
    That would be really cool if you could make fringes with all of them. I thought I could only make a fringe with the silver mane.

Quote Originally Posted by https://gswiki.play.net/Sheath_making
    A sheath can be fringed with one or two animal parts. These can be claws, teeth, talons, feathers, horns, fangs, stingers, plumes, manes, mandibles, pincers, whiskers, incisors, canines, jawbones, or bones.
    -LizardClan1

4. Default

Friends,

I'm guessing a "double fringe" in the position following the noun works like gem inlays (see previous thread). I've been working on two similar designs:

an emerald-inset leather sheath fringed with silver manes

You see an emerald-inset leather sheath fringed with silver manes, which was made with the utmost skill and care. It has six dragonfire emeralds fixed upon it, and it is fringed with six silver manes and one wraith talon.
    a mane-fringed leather sheath inlaid with dragonfire emeralds

You see a mane-fringed leather sheath inlaid with dragonfire emeralds, which was made with the utmost skill and care. It is fringed with six silver manes, and has six dragonfire emeralds and one dragonfire opal fixed upon it.
    Next I'm wondering if I should stop curing rat pelts into leather. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    -LizardClan1

Have you tried doing a double in the front slot yet? I could try it with that test sheath at some point if not. I'm drawing a blank as to why i think this, but I think the front spot is lesser. Maybe it's a description and a long situation I am thinking of?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Have you tried doing a double in the front slot yet? I could try it with that test sheath at some point if not. I'm drawing a blank as to why i think this, but I think the front spot is lesser. Maybe it's a description and a long situation I am thinking of?
    Quote Originally Posted by https://gswiki.play.net/Sheath_making
    A sheath can be fringed with one or two animal parts. These can be claws, teeth, talons, feathers, horns, fangs, stingers, plumes, manes, mandibles, pincers, whiskers, incisors, canines, jawbones, or bones. If a sheath is fringed with just one item in the second slot, the whole name shows up, such as a brown leather sheath fringed with martial eagle talons. Otherwise, only the noun shows up: a talon-fringed leather sheath, or a brown leather sheath fringed with talons and claws. You need 6 of any fringe item to put them on the sheath. 300 silvers.
    So I'm guessing(?) the 6/1 rule also applies to fringes as well as gem inlays. 1 noticeable fringe in the first slot, or 1 or 2 in the second slot. If you did 6/6 you'd lose "silver" and "wraith," and you'd end up with a sheath fringed with manes and talons, similar to what happens in gem inlays.

-LizardClan1

7. Default

I was WRONG about fringes. They DO NOT work like gem inlays:

(1) You have to fringe with EXACTLY 6 allowable animal parts. NOT 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5. MUST be 6.
    (2) The fringe NEVER shows up in the "show" of the sheath, only the long description.

That's all for now,
    -LizardClan1