Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rings of Lumnis - New Pay Event

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    If they're anything like me, they won't go. Sounds boring and the relic is weak.
    Yeah, I was thinking the instant abosrber is cool, but even 1x a day is only 1k more XP a day. Even worse if it is a week. Nifty to have but... Eh.. I guess it depends on the price.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    And no Tgo to make a full automated script. Whatever will players do?!?!?
    Some people know how to wipe their own ass instead of crying like an entitled baby about not having somebody else's script to do everything for them. Unfortunately much of the GS player base is in the latter category of whiny little bitches.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Realize View Post
    1x a day will be pretty powerful depending on the amount cleared. If it's like 1000 XP that's pretty much an extra level every 2 months.
    If it follows how regular instant mind clearers work, it'll be 1k.

If it follows how regular instant mind clearers work, it'll be 1k.
    Spoiler alert: it probably won't be 1k out of the box
    Last edited by BigWorm; 04-18-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Spoiler alert: it probably won't be 1k out of the box
    I'm actually thinking it will be, but how often it can be used is what gets upgraded.

When you use QUEST to be transported to the Needle of Pentas, you'll be confined to this area of the Isle of Ornath. There is some exploration that anyone can take part in, whether you want to participate in the event or not. There are five teleportation disks, Planar, Spiritual, Elemental, Chaos, and Order, that will bring you to Liabo. Each section will have a ring you enter which is where the trials take place. This is where you'll need a scholar's card and a brooch (the relic). You are awarded an increment to your brooch upon entering the puzzle area, win, lose, or surrender. The increment is only good for the "ring" you're entering. For example, entering Planar will increment the Planar benefit by +1. If you want to increment the Elemental benefit, you'll need to visit the Elemental "ring" to try your knowledge (and maybe luck) there. Solving the puzzles will award field experience. Hopefully they are both entertaining and challenging as well.

The brooch is a pin worn item that has 5 benefits. The benefits can be changed at this event via the TURN verb. Once the event ends, the benefit selected is locked in until next time Rings of Lumnis comes around. No progress is lost on the brooch if you select a different benefit. The brooch also unlocks verbs that do cosmetic changes to your character as well as additional messaging for your relic after completing a number of increments to your brooch.

The brooch can be upgraded quite a bit. It starts out gaining benefits very rapidly, but slows downs as the potency becomes stronger.

Bonus Per Run Number of Runs Total Bonus
    +10 10 runs +100
    +5 20 runs +100
    +4 25 runs +100
    +2 50 runs +100
    +1 200 runs +200
    +1 200 runs +100
    +1 400 runs +100
    +1 500 runs +100
    +1 1000 runs +100
    Totals 2405 runs +1000

Planar, Spiritual, and Order take the total you have and directly add it to the benefit. Elemental is a bit different in that the number translates to a percent bonus where +100 equals 10 (always rounding down). Chaos will randomly select one of the other benefits with a chance to be up to 10% more of a bonus.

As a further example, after 250 runs, the bonus is 545. So for Planar, it increases your field exp bucket by 545. For Spiritual, you can instantly absorb 545 exp. For Elemental, you have a 54% chance for an improved roll on various Adv. Guild tasks. For Chaos, random between one of the other benefits using Chaos's increments, then you have 545 + random 1 to 54 for an addition bonus. For Order, you get +545 bounty points for completing an Adv. Guild task.

The brooch MUST be activated to use. Spiritual is instantly used. The others stays active for thirty (30) minutes. The brooch starts off at 1x/day, but with many runs, you can begin to gain additional uses. Gaining extra uses takes the entire's brooch's progress into account, not just the specific benefits, as does unlocking verbs. Don't worry about memorizing the numbers. We have a detailed ANALYZE on the item that will tell you exactly where you are with the benefits.

The brooch is account attuned, but passing the brooch off is completely your responsibility.

Wyrom, PM
    Reply Reply

I can't decide the level of funny I have right now.
    Last edited by Jhynnifer; 04-20-2018 at 12:48 PM.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

I'm actually thinking it will be, but how often it can be used is what gets upgraded.
    you were wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    I can't decide the level of funny I have right now. 2405 runs PER ability to max out, that's just... lawdy
    It's pretty hilarious when you plug the total cost into that little graph.

Even at the most "efficient" level, it's $10 for a 100xp clear. Then $30 for 200xp, $55 for 300xp, and so on. For the xp clear anyway, I'm assuming that's what everyone was most interested in. Who knows what Wyrom considers "many runs" for more uses per day.

Also, if you get the reward regardless of how you perform, they might as well just sell this thing straight on the Simustore.
    Last edited by Taernath; 04-20-2018 at 01:04 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

yeah... definitely not participating in this.

Meh. I’m happy to throw some money at Simu but this event is not exciting. I think it’ll be a huge flop.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.