Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: sheath making question

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    That's because bind and trim take up different slots, not the same one.

When i asked the GMs, they said alter had no bearing on the weight reduction.
    Yeah but, did they actually try to alter it? I've attempted to and they couldn't make it work.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Yeah but, did they actually try to alter it? I've attempted to and they couldn't make it work.
    I've altered them before.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

Perhaps the merchant was looking for weight reduction when it is in fact encumbrance reduction?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Perhaps the merchant was looking for weight reduction when it is in fact encumbrance reduction?
    I don't think we dwelled on semantics. What he told me was that he could alter it, but if he did, it wouldn't function properly anymore. It's possible be didn't know bow to do something, but it's also possible that you could also alter one and lose its exuberance reducing capacity and not know it. I'd love it if he just didn't have the knowledge at hand, and I could alter one and still have it fully function.

As another warrior's guild bit of trivia, you can't alter one of the found objects you can bash with into something else (like a table leg into a stick) and still be able to bash with it.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    I don't think we dwelled on semantics. .
    Well, considering an item can EITHER reduce weight OR reduce encumbrance and the issue is if the traits will carry over, I don't consider it semantics.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

6. Default

Discussing in discord. The issue, we think, stems from attempting to alter the show. Pretty sure long alters are fine.

I've done a lot of sheath making and the sheath posed by the OP should be doable. There are some odd character limits at work so you may have to do either the silver first or the gems first but that is the only thing that would stop it from working right the first time.
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

inlaid with diamonds and emeralds

This is possible? I have tried doing different gems and it did not allow it.

Pretty sure, that part is not unless a GM alters it to add the second gem description

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Pretty sure, that part is not unless a GM alters it to add the second gem description
    I'm going to agree with this.