Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Pelosi Problem

Default The Pelosi Problem

In addition to being a masterful legislative tactician, the 77-year-old Pelosi is, in Politico’s words, “the most successful nonpresidential political fundraiser in U.S. history.” Yet many of her colleagues want her gone. In November 2016, almost a third of House Democrats voted to depose her as leader. Another coup attempt erupted last summer. Why so much discontent with a woman who has proved so good at her job? Maybe because many Democrats think Pelosi’s unpopularity undermines their chances of winning back the House. Why is she so unpopular? Because powerful women politicians usually are. Therein lies the tragedy. Nancy Pelosi does her job about as well as anyone could. But because she’s a woman, she may not be doing it well enough.
    The Democrats who want Pelosi gone don’t deny her talent. But they say her unpopularity is too heavy a load to bear. “The Republican playbook for the past four election cycles has been very focused, very clear,” Representative Kathleen Rice, a Democrat from New York, insisted after Ossoff’s defeat. “It’s been an attack on our leader. Is it fair? No. Are the attacks accurate? No. But guess what? They work.” Nonpartisan observers agree. As David Wasserman, an editor of “The Cook Political Report,” tweeted after the Georgia loss, “It’s just extremely difficult for Ds to argue benefits of Nancy Pelosi’s fundraising skills still outweigh cost of her presence in GOP ads.”
    The uphill fight for dems is that they want change. GOP can always dog whistle for the status quo and tap into humans natural fear of change. The right has a built in advantage which explains how they win elections (among other reasons like harassing voters) even when the majority of Americans favor democratic policy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...roblem/554048/

Blog Entries

Its just that shes a woman... Its not like she makes stupid comments every other week.
    Last edited by drauz; 03-19-2018 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    The uphill fight for dems is that they want change. GOP can always dog whistle for the status quo and tap into humans natural fear of change. The right has a built in advantage which explains how they win elections (among other reasons like harassing voters) even when the majority of Americans favor democratic policy.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...roblem/554048/
    I knew you’d come back.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Or it's because the Democrats spent 8 years calling everyone that voted for "Change 1.0" a racist/sexist/bigot..........

I know what my money is on.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 03-20-2018 at 12:42 AM.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Or it's because the Democrats spent 8 years calling everyone that voted for "Change 1.0" a racist/sexist/bigot..........

I know what my money is on.
    What is change 1.0?

Ahh...I get it now. Its Obama. We hurt white people feelings when we had our first black president. You all felt left out. That's why the trumpanzees are always saying stuff like, "you had 8 years, its our turn now"
    Last edited by cwolff; 03-20-2018 at 02:01 AM.

Blog Entries

What is change 1.0?

Ahh...I get it now. Its Obama. We hurt white people feelings when we had our first black president. You all felt left out. That's why the trumpanzees are always saying stuff like, "you had 8 years, its our turn now"
    This is exactly the problem with people on the left. WE DID NOTHING WRONG ITS RACIST/SEXISM/XENOPHOBIA. It can't be that you put up your worst candidate with way to many skeletons in their closet, no that can't be it. This is exactly why putting up a woman just cause they are a woman isn't a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    This is exactly the problem with people on the left. WE DID NOTHING WRONG ITS RACIST/SEXISM/XENOPHOBIA. It can't be that you put up your worst candidate with way to many skeletons in their closet, no that can't be it. This is exactly why putting up a woman just cause they are a woman isn't a good idea.
    What did we do wrong? What in Obamas presidency made you feel bad? What skeletons does Hillary have ( can you even answer that w/o conspiracy theory)

Hillary wasnt the candidate because she's a woman. That's wishful thinking because it fits your narrative. She was a lawyer, senator and sec. State who was also a previous candidate for potus. That's about a typical resume for people who run of any gender

Blog Entries

What did we do wrong? What in Obamas presidency made you feel bad? What skeletons does Hillary have ( can you even answer that w/o conspiracy theory)

Hillary wasnt the candidate because she's a woman. That's wishful thinking because it fits your narrative. She was a lawyer, senator and sec. State who was also a previous candidate for potus. That's about a typical resume for people who run of any gender
    I didn't have a problem with Obama's presidency as a whole. Not a fan of the individual mandate though.

Lets see. HRC close friends with former klu klux clan member, her husband, Clinton Foundation, and the e-mail servers. That's just off the top of my head.

What is change 1.0?

You literally just confirmed Neveragain’s point. Good job pajama boy.

Obama’s half a bite btw, we still haven’t had a real black president.
    Last edited by Methais; 03-20-2018 at 04:07 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

What is change 1.0?

Ahh...I get it now. Its Obama. We hurt white people feelings when we had our first black president.
    People din't have particularly hurt feelings when Bill Clinton was elected.

Seriously, this has been gone over 20+ times. The fact you don't get it, can't get it, won't get it or simply discount it completely because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't change the facts that Obama was mediocre at best and Hillary is far worse. Go re-read the forum posts to find your answer and shut the fuck up.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 03-20-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie