Thread: CCF Confirmed May - Silver Only, No Simucoins

Default CCF Confirmed May - Silver Only, No Simucoins

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Self respect is about to go through the ROOF, friends,

Hmm, no simucoin REQUIREMENTS. I wonder if there will be simucoin OPTIONS?

4. Default

I'm cautiously optimistic. I doubt that I have anywhere near enough silvers to get anything worthwhile, but I think some people might be setting themselves up for disappointment. Reading through some of the older posts, when he isn't being so braggadocios, he does pick his words very carefully. It reminds me of the weighting and padding changes. Players had a very clear expectation of the service being offered much more frequently or a permanent fixture somewhere to be more accessible. Nothing could have been further from the truth. Given that a set of plain 4x platemail sells off the shelf at merchants for 1 million silvers, I would guess that 5x and any padding will see ten's of millions in silvers.

Going a slightly different route, if the services are to unlock "fluff" pieces, I would hazard a guess that the prices for the services will also be very expensive. This would offset the "rarity" of unlocked "fluff" pieces I suppose. If I had to theory craft with the lack of information I would imagine there will be a system in place to allow nearly unlimited addition of the weighting and padding as silvers allow for as many people as can afford it. A new "script" or two, maybe a few "auction" quality items that go out via raffle or other random process. I would expect to see some big ticket items for simucoins like the houses that were offered.

At the possible expense of my "reputation" here on the boards, I would like to point out that it is very upsetting to see so many people argue a point and then be jumped on by other players so viciously. I suppose it comes from such a long standing game and the massive divide between the "haves" and the "have nots". I have also seen a trend where people will put up very well stated issues that are hand waved away and no one follows up on them. I would be more concerned if the same people did not then turn around and jump all excited when something is "teased" or announced and then days after the event they start complaining again about the same thing. I would liken it to someone trying to train a dog, being bit by the dog, then praising the dog for sitting for a split second on command and then proceeding to biting the person again. The cycle seems to just repeat as I read back on some of the stories.

I do not envy the game programmer's position either. They are stuck trying to give people something to do and want but are victims of then having to keep people happy and engaged as players get more powerful. It seems they do not add much content though to keep pace with the items that are added to the game. It seems more time is spent on these events that keep putting more items in place then they do on real content such as quests, creatures, and world building.

Maybe I should just lurk a bit more? Thanks for reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

Who ya gonna call... to extinguish your flaming asshole? Dane Cook I guess ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Robotnik View Post
    Who ya gonna call... to extinguish your flaming asshole? Dane Cook I guess ;p
    That’s not Dane Cook. It’s Will Ferrell.

When you are trying to "Spit fire" but typo
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by SIMU-WYROM
    This event will not have a focus on shopping. In fact, there will be little to no shops. It will be a high-end service event, just like it always has. If you want to burn a service on 4x gear, feel free, but keep in mind, we offer many low-end to middle-end events for the majority of players. We rarely have events that service high-end gear outside of events like Duskruin.
    I want to believe...
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!