Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Voln bless on weighted gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    2,262 swings is the max (1604 + 304 with max spell ranks and max blessing lores per each spell) if my math is right.

At least, before any weighting penalty.
    I was told by a friendly cleric that it caps at 999 regardless, but I am very curious to see if the reduction is pre/post that cap. So if the bless would mathematically be 1,200 swings, would it still get 999 on HCW, or would it be 848. This could create a reason to exceed the bless cap.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Late night DRunk brain. working theory. I think I'm on to something.

The reduction of swings is equal to the amount of weighting SERVICES the item has on it.
    a bless normally of 500 swings on heavy weighted gear (150 services) would have an effective bless of 350 swings.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

I don't know a lot about a lot of things, but that would seem like a SHOCKINGLY simple formula for Simu to use, given how convoluted some of the others are, ie. wizard essence. Not saying it is not the case, would just be a bizarre little turnaround for them. And thanks for the work on this, my cleric with is UAC gear has benefited by this and added weighting to his wraps.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post

The reduction of swings is equal to the amount of weighting SERVICES the item has on it.
    a bless normally of 500 swings on heavy weighted gear (150 services) would have an effective bless of 350 swings.
    Sounds close enough to my own personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post

Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

6. Default

Luckily Ososis is adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drinking regimen to keep his mind, you know, limber.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    I don't know a lot about a lot of things, but that would seem like a SHOCKINGLY simple formula for Simu to use, given how convoluted some of the others are, ie. wizard essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by bunnymustdie View Post
    Sounds close enough to my own personal experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    Shit.
    That is a perfect reenactment of my thought process.

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Luckily Ososis is adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drinking regimen to keep his mind, you know, limber.
    lol, while I appreciate the support, I don't often drink, it's non-stop DR that puts my brain in a funk. the DR.unk (more clear) Once I legit forgot how to play but was still functional enough to bitch about it. It's a wild time of bodily endurance. Anyway, with WPS on the mind the numbers clicked and matched my limited data set. Really hope it pans out, then it would make it pretty simple to test if overblessing could possibly compensate for the WPS reduction.

As I'm contemplating buying some crit weighted gear for my Voln rogue...

Is there any interest in working on this for more data points or are you all fairly confident you have it figured out?

I can pretty easily test number of swings, in a couple of different scenarios, and so once I do my own gear for knowledge sake I can always do other gear you all have.

9. Default

This is working out so much better than if they had just published the numbers
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Here's some preliminary data points...

Number of services being the penalty seems sufficiently strong enough to be the best way to think about it going forward. It's not accurate (in my CER 10 (11/30) test I was short 165 blesses instead of 160 but it's close enough.

304 ((cleric * 3) + 20)

CLERIC: 166
    BLESSINGS: 0
    CONSECRATE: no

CER 0: 518
    CER 5: 468
    CER 10 (10/30): 353

Symbol of Blessing (level + (2 * rank))

LEVEL: 74

CER 0: 126
    CER 5: 76
    CER 10 (10/30): couldn't bless

NOTES: blocks and evasions use a bless

UPDATE

Another bit of data...

I used Consecrate and had the Voln character try to bless the 10 CER (11/30) weapon. The bless failed. I then had the cleric bless the weapon and it lasted 353 attacks (so the Consecrate was removed as a result of the failed bless).

I then used Consecrate and just did the cleric bless and it lasted 612 swings.

518 (normal bless) * .50% (Consecrate) = 777 (new bless amount) - 165 (the same penalty experienced with the 353 count bless) = 612
    Last edited by Asrial; 02-29-2020 at 05:17 AM.