Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Space Force: Would you like to know more?

Blog Entries

Default Space Force: Would you like to know more?

ClydeR really dropped the ball on this one.

Trump floats the idea of creating a 'Space Force' to fight wars in space

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/13/trum...-in-space.html

President Donald Trump on Tuesday said his new national security strategy recognizes that space is a theater of war, and he floated the idea of creating a Space Force, a branch of the military that would operate outside of earth's atmosphere.

"Space is a war-fighting domain, just like the land, air, and sea," Trump told a an audience of service members at the Marine Corps Air Station Miramar. "We may even have a Space Force, develop another one, Space Force. We have the Air Force, we'll have the Space Force."

The president described how he'd originally coined the term as a joke, while discussing U.S. government spending and private investment in space. "I said, 'maybe we need a new force, we'll call it the Space Force,' and I was not really serious. Then I said, 'what a great idea,' maybe we'll have to do that," Trump told the crowd of Marines.

"So think of that, Space Force," Trump continued, "because we are spending a lot and we have a lot of private money coming in, tremendous. You saw what happened the other day, and tremendous success. From the very beginning, many of our astronauts have been soldiers and air men, coast guard men and marines. And our service members will be vital to ensuring America continues to lead the way into the stars."

It was unclear whether the president was still joking by the time he finished his off script remarks about a Space Force. The White House did not respond to a request for comment.

But Trump is not the only political leader in Washington who is mulling the idea of a Space Force. In June of 2017, a contingent of House lawmakers proposed dividing the Air Force into two separate branches, one dedicated to aviation and a second, new branch dedicated to space ventures.

Language to create a new military branch called the Space Corps did not make it into the final national defense authorization bill in November, but there were several new directives included in the legislation that could facilitate the Space Corps plan in the future.

Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Ala., the biggest backer in Congress of a military space branch, said these directives represent progress. "This is just the first step," he said in a statement at the time. "We will not allow the United States national security space enterprise to continue to drift toward a space Pearl Harbor."
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Wait.. you don't think we need a space force or you think we do?

I don't get it.

Blog Entries

How could you possibly be against SPACE FORCE?
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    I hope he runs on it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

Only way we're going to see significant gains in space travel is if space is militarized. I dig SpaceX and Blue Origin, but they can't lay a finger on the military industrial complex.
    Last edited by Fallen; 03-15-2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

The only good bug is a dead bug.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    SPACEBALLS!
    [LNet]-GSIV:Lysistrata: "And I'm pretty perfect sooooo... What can I say. I'm dedicated. (To Jeril's cock.)"

Picture it..

Top military leaders met with Trump in secret this week to get the President's input on the status of our sixth and newest branch of the military -- Space Force! The main subjects of the meeting, reportedly, were branding and uniforms. Not long after the secret meeting, they announced the new uniforms.

Trump’s public schedule notes a meeting with Esper at 2:15 p.m. that is closed to the press.

Besides being prepared to show Trump the logo ideas, the military leaders will be ready to talk about the subject of uniforms and to describe proposed rank structures and organizational charts, according to the Pentagon official.

More...
    Air Force Brig. Gen. Edward Thomas, spokesman for the Air and Space Forces, would not confirm the meeting or who was attending it when asked by CQ Roll Call.

But Thomas said the two services are “moving out quickly on a host of issues from organizational structures to branding the new service — how we present it to the American people and the members of the military.”
    This meeting went a lot better than Trump's last meeting at the Pentagon, where he made a lady soldier cry, causing Rex Tillerson -- since fired, of course -- to react and tell Trump he was wrong.

They posted the new uniform on Space Force's official Twitter account. Some people have been making fun of fact that Trump chose camouflage uniforms. But it makes perfect sense if you think about it. It's so obvious that I won't insult you by explaining it.

I'd reenlist for this.