Thread: Ex Tillerson

Blog Entries

Default Ex Tillerson

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has been fired.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43388723
    US President Donald Trump has sacked Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, replacing him with the director of the CIA, Mike Pompeo.

Thanking Mr Tillerson for his service on Twitter, Mr Trump said the new state secretary would do "a fantastic job".

Mr Tillerson, a former chief executive of ExxonMobil, was only appointed to the job just over a year ago.

The president also nominated Gina Haspel to become the first woman director of the CIA.

A senior White House official told the BBC about the timing of the announcement: "The president wanted to make sure to have his new team in place in advance of the upcoming talks with North Korea and various ongoing trade negotiations."

Speaking to reporters outside the White House on Tuesday, Mr Trump said his differences with Mr Tillerson came down to personal "chemistry".

"We got along actually quite well, but we disagreed on things," said the president.

"When you look at the Iran deal, I think it's terrible. I guess he thought it was OK.

"I wanted to either break it or do something and he felt a little bit differently, so we were not really thinking the same.

Media captionIn October, Rex Tillerson insisted he never wanted to quit - and dismissed as "petty" a report he called Mr Trump a moron
    "With Mike, Mike Pompeo, we have a very similar thought process. I think it's going to go very well.

"Rex is a very good man I like Rex a lot."

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

"No chaos, no chaos!" he continues to insist as his administration undergoes a 50% turnover rate.

Kellyanne Conway is the smartest of the bunch because she picked an upstairs office. There is no way Trump remembers she works there.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Key State Dept diplomat who disputed the way in which Tillerson was fired is now.. fired.

I'm beginning to feel like we've all been duped and this is all some new and edgy reality TV show.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8254151.html
    Did you see that Tillerson learned of his firing from twitter? HAHAHAHA. Can't say he doesn't deserve it but WTF. How crazy is that.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Kellyanne Conway is the smartest of the bunch because she picked an upstairs office. There is no way Trump remembers she works there.
    They may throw her out that window now that we're learning she was on the private charter flights with Price. She's impressive though and I'm reluctant to be against her.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Although there were some rumblings about this; notice how he fires him right after Tillerson sides with the UK on blaming Russia for the attempted assassination of a retired spy and his daughter. Again, a lot of smoke... but god damn that is A LOT OF FUCKING smoke!
    Didn't Trump ask for Tillerson's resignation on Friday?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Didn't Trump ask for Tillerson's resignation on Friday?
    President Trump was colluding with the Russian operatives on the attempted assassination of the spy in the UK though!

DUH!!!

OR... President Trump has ESP.

Blog Entries

Now I'm curious how often he fired people in his businesses. Is this basically on par for that?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Now I'm curious how often he fired people in his businesses. Is this basically on par for that?
    I know he used to fire his apprentices like 1 a week. SOMETIMES 2 A WEEK!