Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite GS memories

Default Favorite GS memories

I was online when the 1st run of the Juggernaut showed up and nobody knew WTF the rumbling beneath the ground was

Probably back in '96 or so, while dead getting dragged from TSC into a warehouse. Apparently the dragger had collected quite a few corpses in the warehouse. I can only assume he was collecting bodies waiting for people to rot, so he could get their stuff. Most of the other deaders in the warehouse didnt realize what was going on, and they were like "need a rez!", "need healing", etc.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Probably back in '96 or so, while dead getting dragged from TSC into a warehouse. Apparently the dragger had collected quite a few corpses in the warehouse. I can only assume he was collecting bodies waiting for people to rot, so he could get their stuff. Most of the other deaders in the warehouse didnt realize what was going on, and they were like "need a rez!", "need healing", etc.
    That happened to me. Some idiot named "Hackattack" killed me near the boulder, then dragged me to the warehouse. One other body was already there. I think a cleric ended up walking into the warehouse a few minutes later - someone must have told him what was happening.
    Last edited by Candor; 05-21-2015 at 01:04 AM.

4. Default

The temporary alliance made between the landing and an army of trolls to fight a huge undead horde. Forget the exact date, maybe sometime in 1996 or 1997.

Bregandian invasion, totes. Walking around coastal cliffs with Mxenna blasting bregs. Got my first ever long-description alteration done at some merchant who decided to pop a tent right in the middle of the war zone. That whole period was just fun...Bregs getting on our thought net, lot of shit-talking...it was an occupation, probably pretty tough on a lot of players just wanting to go about their normal business...but it was engaging and SEEMED like it had a purpose, more so than most current attempts in recent memory.

Besides that, two others I was personally pretty involved with...the storyline involving the Krolvin and the Reivers, with the crazy Witch that branded my forehead (on Teclys), and the much later one involving the Mayor of Landing that went down on a boat in RR...my rogue Valgren was an RR local at the time, eventually found the Mayor's body and blah blah...

6. Default

1. A night in the jungle of RR where V'tull followed me all night demanding my allegiance and all the intense RP that went with it.
    2. All of the RR G'bruk/Troll/Smugglers' War storylines.
    3. A small group RP session dealing with the rogue's guild (RR, see a pattern here?) where we robbed a famous bard who arrived there with a fat sack of silvers. The GM character would show up randomly for interaction after that with me/us. To me we need more of this small-scale interaction, it's my fav.
    4. The Lich King story

.....and loads more if I'm being honest.

7. Default

Back during AOL days when it was a per hour charge, I got my character, a cleric, to 12. I was so excited to raise someone I didn't pay attention to my own spirit. I didn't have enough spirit AND I didn't have any deeds. Instadeath/decay/demonic. So much time and money wasted. I was floored and never so pissed off at a game before. I was hooked.
    Last edited by Vishnell; 05-21-2015 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lightning View Post
    1. A night in the jungle of RR where V'tull followed me all night demanding my allegiance and all the intense RP that went with it.
    2. All of the RR G'bruk/Troll/Smugglers' War storylines.
    3. A small group RP session dealing with the rogue's guild (RR, see a pattern here?) where we robbed a famous bard who arrived there with a fat sack of silvers. The GM character would show up randomly for interaction after that with me/us. To me we need more of this small-scale interaction, it's my fav.
    4. The Lich King story

.....and loads more if I'm being honest.
    V'tull needs followers that bad huh?

Kobold's attacked the Landing! If I recall, they were using the now-ruined launcher or something like that. Oh how I miss that boot...

Nice, keep em coming.

I loved when the grey orc area had a "stuck" node, basically you would cast 418 in one certain room after every game reset and it would become a permanode until the next reset. Creatures who went east could not exit NE (not sure why) nor come back into the node room. Huge buildup. Legends (50+ at the time) were at risk of dying, decaying, and losing all their gear there to a level 10 creature.