Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade War!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Every time you get called out on bullshit and someone cites a source to contradict you you back peddle into semantic crap. And then you deny that you are "walking back", as they say in the news, your foolish statement.
    One time would be fine. One single case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seizer View Post
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_Santayana
    Right?
    Edmund Burke (1729-1797) “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” | George Santayana (1863-1952) “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
    Right. Those people who don't remember how thoroughly theories like the plum pudding model of the atom or mercantalism were disproven are doomed to try them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Jesus is not a scientist, therefore he knows the curve ball is real, therefore he can hit a curve ball and it's very bad to steal Jobu's rum. QED.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

China is moving forward with its plan to counter President Donald Trump's new tariffs on steel and aluminum, levying duties that will take effect Monday on more than $3 billion in U.S. exports to the country.

In a statement Sunday, the Chinese government said it would impose the retaliatory tariffs on 128 products, according to an informal translation.

China will impose a 15 percent tariff increase on goods including American fruit and nuts and add a 25 percent tariff on pork, recycled aluminum and other goods, the government said

More...

It's on! Since we have a trade deficit with China, they have more to lose than we do. With that advantage and with a business genius like Donald Trump leading us, how could we possibly lose a trade war?

The Associated Press

Verified account

@AP

BREAKING: China announces tariff hike on $50 billion of U.S. goods including soybeans, aircraft, autos.
    1:07 AM - 4 Apr 2018
    This is fun. Trade wars are so easy to win.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    This is fun. Trade wars are so easy to win.
    Markets are up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Markets are up.
    Ya, I noticed that at the end of the day. Maybe this will work out before they actually do any damage.

The markets came back up after Larry Kudlow on FOX Business essentially said that Trump was full of shit on the trade war, that the US would go through the WTO and not implement tariffs. I'm going to assume that there will be a "full confidence in Larry Kudlow" statement by the White House soon lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aluvius View Post
    The markets came back up after Larry Kudlow on FOX Business essentially said that Trump was full of shit on the trade war, that the US would go through the WTO and not implement tariffs. I'm going to assume that there will be a "full confidence in Larry Kudlow" statement by the White House soon lol.
    LOL, the dreaded full confidence statement. That's when you know you're the walking dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Markets are up.
    This post didn't age well.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    This post didn't age well.
    I do wish Obama would stop fucking around with the markets so Trump could get back to talking about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I do wish Obama would stop fucking around with the markets so Trump could get back to talking about them.
    I literally laughed out loud when I read this