Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trade War!

Quote Originally Posted by Seizer View Post
    It's pretty bonkers how alone of all the empirical sciences it's economics where we talk about what happened a hundred years ago. Nobody argues about penicillin, nobody says "well JJ Thomson won the Nobel Prize, maybe there's something to his atomic model!" Bonkers.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    It's pretty bonkers how alone of all the empirical sciences it's economics where we talk about what happened a hundred years ago.
    As pointed out, economics is not an empirical science. Also, economists, like climatologists have a massive credibility problem. Predicting 18 of the last 3 recessions tends to make people skeptical. Kind of like how all the arctic ice would be gone now and polar bears extinct.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    As pointed out, economics is not an empirical science. Also, economists, like climatologists have a massive credibility problem. Predicting 18 of the last 3 recessions tends to make people skeptical. Kind of like how all the arctic ice would be gone now and polar bears extinct.
    Excellent use of talking points here. You left out the one about the unnamed "scientists" who said the curve ball was an optical illusion though, that's a classic garbagerhetorical device. Those "scientists"! Huh! What makes them think they're so smart? Besides the Internet, the moon landing, interplanetary landings, nuclear reactors, MRIs, mapping the human genome, air bags, anti-lock brakes, plasma TVs, DVRs, smart phones... huh! Those SCIENTISTS! Actually THEY'RE the dumb ones!!!11

Blog Entries

Excellent use of talking points here. You left out the one about the unnamed "scientists" who said the curve ball was an optical illusion though, that's a classic garbagerhetorical device. Those "scientists"! Huh! What makes them think they're so smart? Besides the Internet, the moon landing, interplanetary landings, nuclear reactors, MRIs, mapping the human genome, air bags, anti-lock brakes, plasma TVs, DVRs, smart phones... huh! Those SCIENTISTS! Actually THEY'RE the dumb ones!!!11
    Did climatologists and economists do that?

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Did climatologists and economists do that?
    Using the same methodology climatologists and economists have made similar advances in their own fields. The point of the counter examples is to show how the problem is not the methodology, but ~Rocktar~'s personal disagreement with their particular advances.

Using the same methodology climatologists and economists have made similar advances in their own fields. The point of the counter examples is to show how the problem is not the methodology, but ~Rocktar~'s personal disagreement with their particular advances.
    Actually, the real issue is your complete and utter disregard for anything that doesn't fit your mantra or support your ego. Both climatology and economics have serious credibility problems due to the idiotic predictions made by them and the ongoing failure of either community to moderate themselves. They also seem to like the media attention when they proclaim some ridiculous doomsday outcome. Just like you, they make inane and far fetched comments and then when they are uncovered they back track and lie to say that they didn't say that in the first place.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Actually, the real issue is your complete and utter disregard for anything that doesn't fit your mantra or support your ego. Both climatology and economics have serious credibility problems due to the idiotic predictions made by them and the ongoing failure of either community to moderate themselves. They also seem to like the media attention when they proclaim some ridiculous doomsday outcome. Just like you, they make inane and far fetched comments and then when they are uncovered they back track and lie to say that they didn't say that in the first place.
    Scientific journals can be pretty hard to search and reference. But my posts are all here, so why don't you share a single case where I "back track[ed] and lie[d]" with the class. Let's see how problematic your credibility is.

Every time you get called out on bullshit and someone cites a source to contradict you you back peddle into semantic crap. And then you deny that you are "walking back", as they say in the news, your foolish statement.
    Last edited by ~Rocktar~; 03-12-2018 at 12:10 AM.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

It's pretty bonkers how alone of all the empirical sciences it's economics where we talk about what happened a hundred years ago. Nobody argues about penicillin, nobody says "well JJ Thomson won the Nobel Prize, maybe there's something to his atomic model!" Bonkers.
    https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/George_Santayana
    Right?
    Edmund Burke (1729-1797) “Those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it.” | George Santayana (1863-1952) “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”
    Last edited by Seizer; 03-12-2018 at 03:44 AM.
    Semper superne nitens.

You left out the one about the unnamed "scientists" who said the curve ball was an optical illusion though, that's a classic garbagerhetorical device.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible