Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest possible EBP?

Default Highest possible EBP?

Had this happen tonight:

Code:
    In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a human bandit engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
    A human bandit swings a morning star at you!
    You evade the attack by inches!

You barely dodge the attack!

You skillfully dodge the attack!

At the last moment, you block the attack with your targe!

You barely manage to block the attack with your targe!

R>
    In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a half-elven mugger engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
    A half-elven mugger swings a mace at you!
    In the nick of time, you interpose your rolaren war targe between yourself and the attack!

With incredible finesse, you deflect the attack with your rolaren war targe!

With no room to spare, you block the attack with your rolaren war targe!

You skillfully block the attack with your targe!

and got curious what the highest possible EBP is.

Tower shield, tortoise stance, evasion mastery in adamantine brig, and parry mastery?
    Last edited by SpiffyJr; 03-01-2018 at 11:57 PM.
    It must be hard to type with ghostcrawlers penis lodged in your ass. - g++

I assume you mean against like-level?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting
    (wrathbringer78) I think that's it. Viril is one big obnoxious ambient script.

Correct.

In a group you could add double tortoise double guard mastery and phalanx.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

A paladin with divine shield and 201 ranks of blessings lore gets 27% extra block chance. If you have phalanx you get 10% extra block rate (max level max cman training, max rank). Tower shield is 13% with 2x according to Dan. A paladin can get steely resolve for a burst of 15% extra block. If those add normally we can get a paladin to a 67% block rate before any evade or parry. A paladin can 2x dodge and wear robes (since this is theoretical, not a real build) and let's give him mobiles, blurs, and song of mirrors and let's make him a halfling because they have the highest combined AGI/INT bonus for evading. There's no exact evade formula but let's call this 14% evade chance. He's got a OHE at 2x so he's got a 5% parry bonus.

So in offensive stance with this build I believe the paladin would have an 73.039% chance of EBP (Edit: I had this number higher because I was calculating it wrong) . If he had adamantine armour I believe your number for that was 10% success so let's apply that to his 26.9% chance of being hit and that takes off an extra 2.6% which is nominal at this point but every bit helps.

So, grand total 75.639%% EBP with this silly ultra post-cap build.
    Last edited by Drew; 03-02-2018 at 02:07 AM.
    Drew's priorities - Merchanting > Roleplaying > Cybering > Being AFK > Cybering > Hunting

Someone else can math it but I think a warrior can outdo the benefit of divine shield + full lore, assuming they don't pick up the SK one or another item with the spell + 1/3 bonus lore.

Add all the above (minus that spell), plus rank 3 of parry mastery (15% more), block mastery (15% more), evasion mastery (15% more in this scenario of wearing robes), ability to 3x dodge, 401, 406, 414 with 85 ranks of earth lore for a 4th ability to block (8%, more if enhanced 11% max earth enhanced), and Ososis' double tortoise, guard, phalanx idea, or at least max tortoise if solo.

I think you're probably right, I wanted to do paladin but my guess is capped warrior can be the highest.

It’a true that shield size negatively modified dodge but it should cancel out with the positive modifier to block. Since the build is for max total we want bigger shield because there are more ways to increase max block than there are ways to increase max dodge.

Also maxed out Steely Resolve gives you +45% to block chance by itself. What th tortoise, block mastery, and partner with guard mastery that’s nearly a 100% block chance at like level.

I've taken over 1,000 swings with 3x shield, 3x block mastery, tortoise stance, and a small shield and I'm sitting at 50% block. Tower shield, phalanx, and holy shield from paladin would bump that even higher. It's kinda silly... and now I wanna try it!
    Last edited by SpiffyJr; 03-02-2018 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiffyJr View Post
    Had this happen tonight:

Code:
    In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a human bandit engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!

You barely dodge the attack!

You skillfully dodge the attack!

At the last moment, you block the attack with your targe!

You barely manage to block the attack with your targe!

R>
    In an awe inspiring display of combat mastery, a half-elven mugger engages you in a furious dance macabre, spiralling into a blur of strikes and ripostes!
    In the nick of time, you interpose your rolaren war targe between yourself and the attack!

With incredible finesse, you deflect the attack with your rolaren war targe!

With no room to spare, you block the attack with your rolaren war targe!

You skillfully block the attack with your targe!

and got curious what the highest possible EBP is.

Tower shield, tortoise stance, evasion mastery in adamantine brig, and parry mastery?
    Just play a bolting wizard and you'll see this all the time.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible